The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

You’re spot on. Loads said it on here at the time hearts were relegated that rules need to be put in place in case of a re-occurrence.

The running of sport is so shambolic it’s a joke.

I’m not even overly concerned that it would be us on the receiving end, what will be will be. We’d deserve it for what we’ve done this season so far.  But what if the season is pulled and clubs vote against Saints/ Dundee getting relegated as they can’t be arsed travelling to Inverness a couple of times a season?  It’s just open for clubs to look after themselves rather than do the right thing.

The lack of a clear and transparent set of rules being implemented simply highlights the disregard the clubs (owners) have for supporters in Scottish football.

I assume its precisely so clubs can vote to look after themselves that they couldn't agree on anything in advance. 

Precedent doesn't mean a thing here. As noted above, because the clubs voted to NOT allow the SPFL to make the decisions, it will come down to a vote, which will see every club vote for their own purposes.

Had the clubs not voted against the SPFL being able to call the leagues and have set rules/conditions then the precedent of 19/20 would be relevant. But the clubs didn't, so the precedent is utterly irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Precedent doesn't mean a thing here. As noted above, because the clubs voted to NOT allow the SPFL to make the decisions, it will come down to a vote, which will see every club vote for their own purposes.

Had the clubs not voted against the SPFL being able to call the leagues and have set rules/conditions then the precedent of 19/20 would be relevant. But the clubs didn't, so the precedent is utterly irrelevant.

But still relegate Hearts?

With 2nd January being the last round before the Premiership winter break anyway, the hope would have to be that only 3 rounds would be affected if Scotland does indeed take the same path.

How feasible would it be to postpone these upcoming rounds to later in the season to avoid any games behind closed doors? Obviously Europe is an issue for two clubs, and there would need to be a working assumption they made it to their respective finals (no matter how unlikely that might be)  

Would scrapping Cup replays (as England has done) buy anything?

The lower leagues would need to decide if they want to risk a hectic schedule later in the hope it avoids any games behind closed doors. 

The risk for all clubs is that they postpone now and it buys them nothing anyway because the SG drag this on. 

Edited by The Master

23 minutes ago, The Master said:

With 2nd January being the last round before the Premiership winter break anyway, the hope would have to be that only 3 rounds would be affected if Scotland does indeed take the same path.

How feasible would it be to postpone these upcoming rounds to later in the season to avoid any games behind closed doors? Obviously Europe is an issue for two clubs, and there would need to be a working assumption they made it to their respective finals (no matter how unlikely that might be)  

The lower leagues would need to decide if they want to risk a hectic schedule later in the hope it avoids any games behind closed doors. 

The risk for all clubs is that they postpone now and it buys them nothing anyway because the SG drag this on. 

I'd like to think sensible dialogue was taking place between the football authorities and SG right now. But we know that any discussion, if it is occurring, will focus from Scottish football's side on the pressure of the two clubs who are still in Europe, quite wrongly in my view. 

The emphasis should be on protecting health initially, followed by the greater good of the football community, as the two advantaged Glasgow sides will be able to cope with fixture clutter better than the others in the leagues, due to their resources.

Don't give Sturgeon any glimmer that we're willing to chuck this season away, as she'll gleefully lock down football again.

David Martindales constant bleating about wanting the season stopped is bizarre btw.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't give Sturgeon any glimmer that we're willing to chuck this season away, as she'll gleefully lock down football again.

David Martindales constant bleating about wanting the season stopped is bizarre btw.

The season should end today with promotions and relegations based on current positions, IMO. 

I'd like to think sensible dialogue was taking place between the football authorities and SG right now. But we know that any discussion, if it is occurring, will focus from Scottish football's side on the pressure of the two clubs who are still in Europe, quite wrongly in my view. 
The emphasis should be on protecting health initially, followed by the greater good of the football community, as the two advantaged Glasgow sides will be able to cope with fixture clutter better than the others in the leagues, due to their resources.

There will be zero dialogue, just as there has been previously. The SPFL and indeed all other businesses affected get zero advance notice of any restrictions and are left to pick up the pieces.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There will be zero dialogue, just as there has been previously. The SPFL and indeed all other businesses affected get zero advance notice of any restrictions and are left to pick up the pieces.

I suspect you are correct, although perhaps unofficial chats take place. It's a poor state of affairs.

On 18/12/2021 at 13:07, DMCs said:

All English Prem games off today except one and a few outbreaks at SPFL Premiership clubs currently. I wouldn't be surprised if the games after this weekend get called off now.

The English premier league is the only league that is badly affected with call offs, which seems to ring true with the apparent vaccine uptake among the players and staff.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

She hates tories and Brexit voting Fermers so sounds reasonable.

I think stadiums of over 30k capacity should be closed door games only for public health reasons - anything under that should be unaffected.

I know that will annoy OF supporters and leather glove wearing tories wanting to go the the 6 nations - but what can you do?

58 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think stadiums of over 30k capacity should be closed door games only for public health reasons - anything under that should be unaffected.

I know that will annoy OF supporters and leather glove wearing tories wanting to go the the 6 nations - but what can you do?

10,000 has already been established as a threshold for Covid matters, if crowds are limited to that everyone will be happy

3 hours ago, The Master said:

The season should end today with promotions and relegations based on current positions, IMO. 

Has to be a 13 team league next season surely? 😬🙁🙏 That or just award the title and all remaining trophies to the team that has won the most silverwear over the last 12 months.....

They will not end the season now. Too early compared to when it happened last time. But IF they did, as much as it would impact my own team the most, it would only be fair if we went down. If you can get through 2 rounds of fixtures and you are bottom on both absolute points etc and points per game, then you deserve to go down. Precedent is set already. 

4 hours ago, The Master said:

Already aren't replays from upcoming R4.

After the winter break there is 1 free midweek before the split (February 2nd - usual slot for Scottish Cup R4 replays had they been in place).

There is 1 free midweek after the split (April 20th).

Midweek between league ending and Scottish Cup Final is theoretically free unless Rangers reached EL Final.