The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

One thing in Dundees favour (hopefully) is that most other councils have made their decisions and plans are in place for as far as I can tell decent numbers being allowed.

Surely Dundee council won't want to go against that grain and be difficult?

You'd think...

We've already demonstrated that 4,000 can be accommodated inside the stadium by having 2,000 in the Bobby Cox last Saturday. That effectively leaves the council with only "peripheral" reasons for rejection - so things like demand on public transport, congregating outside the stadium etc.

I've joked about it in the Dundee thread, but I do think they will look more favourably on United's application - which would then help us, because both clubs will have the same "peripheral" considerations. 

Edited by The Master

Following an application made to Edinburgh City Council, the Club can confirm a capacity of 4,535 Season Ticket holders for Saturday’s cinch Premiership fixture against Celtic.

Having been granted a capacity of 3,023 Jambos for last Sunday’s match against Inverness CT, the Club submitted an application to Edinburgh City Council for a further increase for Saturday’s league opener at Tynecastle.

We now await further guidance from the local authority in relation to future capacity dispensation.

Saturday’s game will be open to home supporters only. Season Ticket holders who are successful in the ballot will be notified by email tomorrow (Wednesday) and will receive their ticket by post.

Supporters are reminded that this is a ‘weighted ballot’; meaning those who are unsuccessful for this match will stand a better chance of receiving tickets for the next home fixture.

17 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Following an application made to Edinburgh City Council, the Club can confirm a capacity of 4,535 Season Ticket holders for Saturday’s cinch Premiership fixture against Celtic.

Having been granted a capacity of 3,023 Jambos for last Sunday’s match against Inverness CT, the Club submitted an application to Edinburgh City Council for a further increase for Saturday’s league opener at Tynecastle.

We now await further guidance from the local authority in relation to future capacity dispensation.

Saturday’s game will be open to home supporters only. Season Ticket holders who are successful in the ballot will be notified by email tomorrow (Wednesday) and will receive their ticket by post.

Supporters are reminded that this is a ‘weighted ballot’; meaning those who are unsuccessful for this match will stand a better chance of receiving tickets for the next home fixture.

A 50% increase, good going.

56 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do you actually have any further home games before August 9th?

28 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Do you actually have any further home games before August 9th?

I get the impression the clubs also haven't had confirmation (certainly not definitively) that the limits will definitely be removed from the 9th. 

Although it seems like they're anticipating they will be. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

30 minutes ago, Steven W said:

A few miles over the border - but this is like a different world

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2021/july/friendly-halifax-town-update/

Especially the booze. Absolutely no reason why it couldn't be allowed with powers to restrict it for certain games to appease the panic merchants.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Well tomorrow is D-day.

What's expected... Will all football restrictions end? Exception made and some restrictions continue? Choice passed to councils?

When is Sturgeon's speech? 6?

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Well tomorrow is D-day.

What's expected... Will all football restrictions end? Exception made and some restrictions continue? Choice passed to councils?

At the very least they need to categorically state that face masks are not needed in stadia. 

Clubs are selling tickets on the basis of outdoor hospitality (groups of 15) so the same rules around masks should apply (i.e. in the bin). But the likes of Dundee and Aberdeen have stewards that are jumping on people if they so much as think about taking their mask off. 

12 minutes ago, The Master said:

At the very least they need to categorically state that face masks are not needed in stadia. 

Clubs are selling tickets on the basis of outdoor hospitality (groups of 15) so the same rules around masks should apply (i.e. in the bin). But the likes of Dundee and Aberdeen have stewards that are jumping on people if they so much as think about taking their mask off. 

Ross County stewards attempted to try similar on Saturday but v quickly gave up. 

It's a nonsense. As much as wearing a mask in a shop etc doesn't bother me one bit, let's not continue on with this mask nonsense outside. 

It's a friendly against Halifax at a tip of a ground  FFS. They should be paying people to go.
It's a bit 'unique' in its layout, but I'd hardly describe it as a tip unless you'd prefer watching a game at a standard lego kit of a ground as opposed to the likes of Somerset or Gayfield.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:
34 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:
It's a friendly against Halifax at a tip of a ground  FFS. They should be paying people to go.

It's a bit 'unique' in its layout, but I'd hardly describe it as a tip unless you'd prefer watching a game at a standard lego kit of a ground as opposed to the likes of Somerset or Gayfield.

As a United fan he's probably well qualified to know what a dump is tbh... 👀

6 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
40 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't mind the terraced bit. Its the east stand where you are simultaneously in the stand but sitting outside of the stadium I didn't like.

I don't mind the terraced bit. Its the east stand where you are simultaneously in the stand but sitting outside of the stadium I didn't like.
That is a f**k up, but it was due to them proposing to move the pitch and then didn't, or something. [emoji23]

Thankfully, due to the level they are at there is rarely a problem with everyone getting a good view. As far as I know they sometimes use the open terrace behind the goals to house excess away fans rather than sit them in the seats that are closer to the M6 than the pitch.