The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bump.

So are we expecting extension of football restrictions today and if so what - passports widened to smaller crowds? masks at all times? staggerred arrivals? no P-A-T-G?
Whatever it is, it's guaranteed to be a load of shite.

36 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

So are we expecting extension of football restrictions today and if so what - passports widened to smaller crowds? masks at all times? staggerred arrivals? no P-A-T-G?

Full audit of all Aberdeen crowds of fewer than 10000. 😉

Well today's annoucement turned out to be... the announcement will be a week today; though the mood music suggests a considerable expansion of the passport. Question is would football be left alone i.e. carry-on with it only affecting OF/Hearts/Hibs.

If they drop the limit to 8,000 it’ll be interesting to see how Aberdeen react

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If they drop the limit to 8,000 it’ll be interesting to see how Aberdeen react

Was in the away end at ibrox recently for the midweek game and every single away fan was asked to show their vaccine passport. Think it’s 900 tickets for away end but are the other 49000 home fans all checked? 
It’s a total sham anyway. I produced my paper copy as I had 1 to get to Tenerife, but nobody is checking who’s it is. It could have been my dads or anyone’s certificate.

Tick box exercise that costs the clubs more money, lot of bollocks. Glad Aberdeen treat it with the respect it deserves.

20 minutes ago, big al said:

Was in the away end at ibrox recently for the midweek game and every single away fan was asked to show their vaccine passport. Think it’s 900 tickets for away end but are the other 49000 home fans all checked? 
It’s a total sham anyway. I produced my paper copy as I had 1 to get to Tenerife, but nobody is checking who’s it is. It could have been my dads or anyone’s certificate.

Tick box exercise that costs the clubs more money, lot of bollocks. Glad Aberdeen treat it with the respect it deserves.

At my turnstile there has been a steward there asking each person to show them but I’m convinced they don’t even look at it. I could show them a picture of Sturgeon in a bikini and they’d say “aye, on you go”.

As you say, total sham and box ticking exercise.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

At my turnstile there has been a steward there asking each person to show them but I’m convinced they don’t even look at it. I could show them a picture of Sturgeon in a bikini and they’d say “aye, on you go”.

Is that the kind of photo you have on your phone?

On 16/11/2021 at 11:33, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

On 16/11/2021 at 15:40, HibeeJibee said:

Well today's annoucement turned out to be... the announcement will be a week today; though the mood music suggests a considerable expansion of the passport. Question is would football be left alone i.e. carry-on with it only affecting OF/Hearts/Hibs.

... and it seems a late altering of tack means no adjustment at all in the end.

Indeed from December 6th you can use a rapid test instead at 10,000+ crowds if you lack or don't want to use a passport.

• 3 weeks later...

Down to earth with a... bump?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/celtic-v-hibs-premier-sports-cup-final-to-go-ahead-as-planned-for-now-3491506

The country is braced for further coronavirus rule changes in the coming days after First Minister Nicola Sturgeon warned that Scotland would be hit by a “tsunami” of infections due to the new omicron variant. Ministers are discussing what the next steps will be, with football clubs anticipating regulations that may impact upon crowd levels for a busy fixture schedule during the festive period.

The Premier Sports Cup final between Celtic and Hibs on Sunday, December 19 is expected to draw an attendance of more than 50,000 people and there are concerns that the game may be played behind closed doors or rescheduled. However, Leitch said that, at present, there are no plans to implement changes to events such as big football matches – while warning, however, that the situation could change. “On the 11th of December, yes, the cup final is going ahead. Nobody can absolutely guarantee what will happen between this Saturday and next Saturday,” Leitch said on Radio Scotland.

Also rather ominous report in today's paper the Scottish government is in discussion with organisers on whether Edinburgh Hogmanay event can proceed. Slated to have 30,000 present - and while more 'revelries' take place than in your typical big football crowd, it's also spread out over a wider footprint. Despite almost half the population being triple-jabbed, and everybody else who wants it double-jabbed (with an ability to get #3 within a few weeks), it appears more restrictions are to be announced tomorrow including measures requiring "UK financial support" - which implies limiting or shutting industries again. Passports already apply to all crowds over 10k.

Do we think the LC Final on Sunday, then the subsequent Boxing Day and New Year crowds/etc., will go ahead with full stadiums? With winter break meaning no Premiership games between Jan 3rd and 26th does breathing space without big crowds luckily happen to already exist if any crowd restrictions are left off until then?

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 17/11/2021 at 23:09, AJF said:

Pretty much the same at Celtic Park, the only place I have been where they were checking it properly was at Bayer Leverkusen a couple of weeks ago. 

47 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Woof!

7 hours ago, Clown Job said:

You know after the new year I have a feeling we will see games being played behind closed doors or with a reduced capacity again 

Either that. Or, and what is more likely in my opinion, football stopping altogether. Teams will not be able raise sides a leading to a host of postponements to the extent it no longer becomes sustainable.