The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rangers have confirmed the following attendances are going to be permitted at Ibrox:

24th July v Brighton: 8,500

25th July v Real Madrid: 12,750

31st July v Livingston: 17,000

While the increase is welcome, how on earth do they justify a difference of 4,250 fans being allowed inside the stadium less than 24 hours apart?

43 minutes ago, AJF said:

Rangers have confirmed the following attendances are going to be permitted at Ibrox:

While the increase is welcome, how on earth do they justify a difference of 4,250 fans being allowed inside the stadium less than 24 hours apart?

Was looking at that as well 🤔

That's part of the problem here. There's no explanation of the rationale of the decisionsd of any kind. 

I was thinking well maybe they want clubs to prove with steady increases they can manage the 101 covid rules. Why not just say that?

By the time the numbers allowed creep up to meaningful numbers the restrictions will be HOPEFULLY removed anyway 🤞

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Was looking at that as well 🤔

That's part of the problem here. There's no explanation of the rationale of the decisionsd of any kind. 

I was thinking well maybe they want clubs to prove with steady increases they can manage the 101 covid rules. Why not just say that?

By the time the numbers allowed creep up to meaningful numbers the restrictions will be HOPEFULLY removed anyway 🤞

I think it's because Celtic will have fans at their friendly against West Ham on the same day.

Rangers have also said that proof of a negative lateral flow test is no longer required to gain entry which is different from the Arsenal game. No mention if this was a policy adopted by the club or requested by the local authority.

Rangers have also said that proof of a negative lateral flow test is no longer required to gain entry which is different from the Arsenal game. No mention if this was a policy adopted by the club or requested by the local authority.

It wasn't required at the Euros which makes me think it can't have been Glasgow City Council, but who knows at this point?

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

B63381AF-47A9-4B0F-BFCD-FE5797541A4C.jpeg

It’s honestly great more fans are getting in stadiums but I feel we are at a point where they need to outline the reasoning behind decisions made.

Celtic are now being permitted to allow 10,000 more fans than us for a match taking place on the same day. It could be for numerous reasons (such as additional measures, better infrastructure etc), but the local authority needs to start explaining why there is such a difference to stop any comparisons and claims of inconsistency.

On 20/07/2021 at 10:59, AJF said:

I've had it explained to me earlier that the clubs made their own assesments of their Covid capacity for Level 0 and are moving towards that. 

So the Brighton game is Rangers first game at 50% of Covid capacity, Madrid 75% and Livi 100%.

Celtic had their 50% game last night and will go through the same stages but have also done a reassessment and increased their Covid Capacity.

Edited by Detournement

On 20/07/2021 at 10:59, AJF said:

The 4,250 increase is probably justified in terms of that being an actual competitive game as opposed to a random friendly

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The 4,250 increase is probably justified in terms of that being an actual competitive game as opposed to a random friendly

I was referring to the 4,250 increase between the Brighton friendly on Saturday and the Real Madrid friendly a day later.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

2000 away fans for Hibs (pre 9th August) at Motherwell is very encouraging stuff.

Having an opening league game with a big away support is what we need - great stuff.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was referring to the 4,250 increase between the Brighton friendly on Saturday and the Real Madrid friendly a day later.

We got an increased capacity after complaining to the council I believe. They were definitely more than 8k at the Brighton game. Probably closer to 15k.