The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They caved in to uefa pressure for the euros but the Murrayfield game makes no sense considering the restrictions. If we're coming out of restrictions other than face coverings then there should be no limit to crowd numbers after that.

The whataboutery is part of the problem 

if they’d  made a couple of big concessions for the Euros and not for the lions then Rugby would be saying “how’s that fair?”

But at least they’re big events that only come round once every 4 years and don’t normally pass through Scotland 

trying to use them as a prescedent for the group stages of the diddy cup is a bit ambitious 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I always try to give the SG the benefit of the doubt during this pandemic 

But I’m starting to think they’re making these numbers up now 

12,000 at Hampden 

15,000 at Murrayfield for what was essentially a friendly match 

2,000 at Celtic Park.

The cynic in me thinks it more to do with the SG attitude towards Scottish football fans than the science here 

12,000 at Hampden 
2,000 at Celtic Park.
The cynic in me thinks it more to do with the SG attitude towards Scottish football fans than the science here 
Probably more to do with the SFA/SPFL being fucking useless at exerting any kind of pressure.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
19 minutes ago, Clown Job said:
12,000 at Hampden 
2,000 at Celtic Park.

Probably more to do with the SFA/SPFL being fucking useless at exerting any kind of pressure.

Both can be correct!

19 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

12,000 at Hampden 

2,000 at Celtic Park.

What did Celtic ask for? 

Honestly I don’t know
I’d be pretty disappointed if they didn’t request more. 
Glasgow is L2 and will be on 17 July so they would have been permitted just 500 without making application for more. Given 2000 has been permitted and going by the tone of their announcement (delighted, their own test event, no mention of asking for more etc) it reads as if 2000 was the requested level.

Most of the country have now been vaccinated

Football is outside which the science says is better

People have lived with the protocols and know what is acceptable and what is not

Not expecting 20,000 plus crowds back just now but 2000 is really frustrating.

Cases are up as a direct result of pubs opening yet football fans continue to be locked out - it's not right..

1 hour ago, ropy said:

What did Celtic ask for? 

Think it was 6k. 

with hibs getting 2k at Easter road I believe Celtic asked for the same percentage of the stadium. 

Edited by Drew Brees

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Clown Job said:
Honestly I don’t know
I’d be pretty disappointed if they didn’t request more. 

Glasgow is L2 and will be on 17 July so they would have been permitted just 500 without making application for more. Given 2000 has been permitted and going by the tone of their announcement (delighted, their own test event, no mention of asking for more etc) it reads as if 2000 was the requested level.

The levels mean nothing anymore, 60k capacity at celtic park, 2k fans, glasgow green fanzone, 3k fans twice a day, 

It doesnt matter if the euros are an event of international significance or whatever, covid isnt going to be limited to certain locations or venues, if the restrictions are in place to prevent the spread of covid then fair enough, but the lack of consistency in the restrictions would have you believe that their is a different agenda by the scottish government 

53 minutes ago, Eder said:

Most of the country have now been vaccinated

Football is outside which the science says is better

People have lived with the protocols and know what is acceptable and what is not

Not expecting 20,000 plus crowds back just now but 2000 is really frustrating.

Cases are up as a direct result of pubs opening yet football fans continue to be locked out - it's not right..

Why not 20k+ crowds, infact stadiums should be full, everyone seen the images of the queues for alcohol at the rugby, and not a peep from the government regarding how slack the restrictions were enforced at murrayfield, 

If the sfa/spfl won't push for far more relaxed restrictions then the whole of scottish football should come together as one and force change, 

12k fans at hampden, fans who will likely have travelled from all over the country to get there, 12k fans at celtic park, ibrox, tynecastle, or any other stadium, chances are the fans wont be from as far travelled as the tartan army, 

So we are expected to believe that 2k are allowed into Celtic Park next week and based on current information this will see 55-60k in for the game on 21st August versus StMirren? In between these matches, there is a friendly versus West Ham on 24/7 after the European qualifier versus Midtylland on 20/7 with a league match versus Dundee on 7/8. Will Celtic push for more fans, especially  for the European and league game considering we are a couple weeks away from full houses?

Is there actually any science and “data not dates” in this or is it, as it looks to football fans, a lot of make-up pish on the hoof based on political games and egos running wild?

Friendly at Saints tomorrow. I've to be between 5:30 and 5:55 for a 7 o'clock kick off.

Can't sit near my dad despite literally sitting next to him 2hrs in a restaurant two days ago.

Honestly might just watch online until all restrictions are lifted if this is how it'll be.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Friendly at Saints tomorrow. I've to be between 5:30 and 5:55 for a 7 o'clock kick off.

Can't sit near my dad despite literally sitting next to him 2hrs in a restaurant two days ago.

Honestly might just watch online until all restrictions are lifted if this is how it'll be.

I'd say that he's already suffered enough and deserves some peace at the fitba.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did your Dad tell you this aye?