The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Whats that got to do with it?

The government aren't planning the whole tier system and "reopening" based on the football season dates. 

No but there is a fair criticism that can be made that they are opening far too slowly. 10k fans in England soonish, 10k fans or so at the Hampden Euro games, multiple European countries with far greater COVID risks are opening stadiums and yet Tier 0 is only 2k fans max? 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The indoor mixing in shopping centres (not malls!), and other indoor places, has been explained multiple times by multiple people across multiple forums.

If folk aren't getting it at this stage then they are doing so deliberately.

I get that folk understand the reasons given and disagree, but how can anyone still not know why it is as it is?

Not deliberately at all. 

The Scot Gov has rightly handled this pandemic with the utmost precaution.  However the dates are set in stone regardless the data. I am sure you will also argue this point.

The Scot Gov is too slow to react when many businesses are on their knees.  Can drink a glass of water indoors but not a glass of wine - literally WTF.  Not everyone in Scotland is a pisshead.  Some are more than capable of sharing bottle of wine over lunch that would make a huge difference to a lot of struggling businesses. 

No but there is a fair criticism that can be made that they are opening far too slowly. 10k fans in England soonish, 10k fans or so at the Hampden Euro games, multiple European countries with far greater COVID risks are opening stadiums and yet Tier 0 is only 2k fans max? 

It's not 2k max. It's a minimum of 2,000 allowed with potential for more on a case by case basis.

What did Scotland have today, 85 positive cases? There were apparently some data issues, so lets say the actual number just about cracks three figures.

Incredible that there are people that still think the attendance ban is justified. Bootlickers one and all.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's not 2k max. It's a minimum of 2,000 allowed with potential for more on a case by case basis.

Unless those exceptions are truly worth it then it isn't enough. 10k in the English top flight works out as an average of 27% capacity. So equivalent to at least 5k at Easter Road, Tynecastle and Pittodrie. And that's nearly two months before our League cup groups are due to start.

13 hours ago, G51 said:

What did Scotland have today, 85 positive cases? There were apparently some data issues, so lets say the actual number just about cracks three figures.

Incredible that there are people that still think the attendance ban is justified. Bootlickers one and all.

I don't think anyone has said that on here though. They've pointed out that its been confirmed for weeks what the numbers are to look like and that it maybe extended. I hope clubs are already looking at how to apply for more if they're the kind who can sustain more within the I imagine 100s of rules that will be applied.

I'm not gonna sit here and say they're to high or to low as I don't have the slightest clue what's really correct or not. 

What I don't have much time for is the folk going "bUt tHe sNoOkEr hAs cRoWdS" like the know what they're talking about. Current events are just using people as lab rats to see how successful the testing and then crowds is together. Which I hope goes really fucking well.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

20 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Well observed. 

Doesn't change the fact the the tier system and fan number isnt dictated by the dates this season does or doesnt end. 

What does need explained again though it seems is the Gov have already announced the number of fans that will be allowed, including what it'll likely look like when next season starts because they've advised the numbers already that will be allowed. Which was done weeks ago.  

They have done nothing of the sort. They've stopped their roadmap at Level 0 and have given exactly no indication of what will be the next step after that. They have given no information about whether away supporters will be allowed, and they've given no information about how any of this will work practically for clubs (ie what hoops they'd be expected to jump through). This is despite the fact we will most likely have a fully vaccinated population by the team the season starts again.

Clubs are being asked to operate on ifs, buts and maybes and have had the goalposts shifted by the government several times already, so I think they are entitled to ask for a bit more detail about the long-term plan.

Unfortunately no one at the SPFL or SFA in any way seems to have a concern about this.

Every time Darryl Broadfoot is asked on behalf of the SFA about this on Sportsound he does everything in his power to not answer the question and brings up the total success in his eyes of the 1/4 full Hampden for the Euros which should be looked on as a total failure. No answers as to next season, no plans past the summer as far as I can see and a total lack of leadership.

Maybe they should change their name to the "SRU", and then they'll get plenty of promises about when crowd restrictions will be lifted...

Let’s not beat about the bush here. If it’s only 25% or 10,000 which ever is greatest  that are going to be let the clubs are not going to fight for that for the final 2 games.

In all likelihood if that was the scenario the clubs would be out of pocket so why should they bother? It’s only fans and as has been shown they don’t seem to matter.

Here’s hoping it is sorted out for the start of next season … … Not holding my breadth by the way 

BBC reporting that the lower league play-off finals have been moved to after 17th May to allow fans in, and that fans should also be allowed at the Premiership final. 500 are allowed without condition, and clubs can apply to have more than that.

Edited by craigkillie

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

BBC reporting that the lower league play-off finals have been moved to after 15th May to allow fans in, and that fans should also be allowed at the Premiership final. 500 are allowed without condition, and clubs can apply to have more than that.

Seen that - great news.

Interesting one but not sure if this will have an impact on, say, the Premiership - as there are so few matches left in the league season clubs would maybe have to arrange a test event then do a ballot / determine who can get in / arrange cleaning / staff / security etc etc.

Wonder if it is now logistically deemed too tricky and (dare I say it) financially unpalatable for some clubs - particularly those with a lot of ST holders to please?

46 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Seen that - great news.

Interesting one but not sure if this will have an impact on, say, the Premiership - as there are so few matches left in the league season clubs would maybe have to arrange a test event then do a ballot / determine who can get in / arrange cleaning / staff / security etc etc.

Wonder if it is now logistically deemed too tricky and (dare I say it) financially unpalatable for some clubs - particularly those with a lot of ST holders to please?

The regulations about crowds starts on May 17th, which is why the playoffs have been rescheduled for May 17th onwards. The Premiership finishes on 16th May so it’s not even a possibility for any Premiership matches to have crowds.

• 1 month later...

With the major caveat that every previous target date seems to have been watered down, delayed or ended up with a list of qualifications: is it now confirmed that from Monday 9th August i.e. after first 2 weekends of SPFL league season, football spectating should return in full, with no capacity limits - and presumably no need to register, keep apart, cover faces/etc.?

(Btw it's rather amazing - and bit alarming if you fear crowds won't return to their old level or better! - that on Scotland's biggest football fan site the thread over getting back into matches was 3 pages down plus had not been posted in for 6-weeks. Hopefully not any omen of reduced interest).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Every club will be allowed fans in for the LC group games, won't they? I'm not sure when more areas are set to move to level 1 so a lot of us could be getting an effectively normal crowd by then.

You've also got pre-season games that could be used as a "trial". The only barrier being that no one gives a rat's ass about pre-season matches.

48 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Wonder if clubs will allow ST holders in for the Betfred games for free as a trial, just as a thanks for the support in the previous season. Probably not :D 

It would be a nice gesture but I can't see it. I paid full price last season for the wee man and I for our season tickets with the promise that we would get a discount on this years' tickets equivalent to one game for every game missed (after the first two). When it came time to renew we were told that, well I suppose you can have a credit but you'll have to wait until after the early bird period has ended and the price has gone up, you'll have to phone up to get a code to activate the discount and you'll lose the right to keep your seat. I wasn't going to claim the credit anyway but feel like it was a bit off putting all these barriers up for those who would want that choice. And a 'thank you' would have been nice.