The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

If folk are allowed into Hampden are we looking at a reduced attendance, 10,000?  Or just go for it.

This on the bbc - 

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live's Euro Leagues podcast, German football expert Raphael Honigstein said he expected more venues to be unable to host games.

"I think there will be a whittling down and cities will withdraw," he said. "Next month is the deadline for Uefa to get guarantees that [the grounds] can provide enough access for Uefa to turn a profit.

"They need 30-35% of stadium capacity to turn a profit and it will come down to that. I'm not sure even a place like Munich, where all the Germany games are, are in a position to say 'we will be fine in June'.

"In that 30% of capacity, Uefa do not envisage travelling fans and I think that will be the case, even at Wembley.

When you read that, the "unlimited" capacity that the English govt is promising from June has my bullshit-o-meter off the scale.................

• 1 month later...

Murrayfield has the largest capacity, so if the Euros really are coming to Scotland now (and the government seem yesterday to have sent Uefa the guarantee of fans at games) then shift the games to Murrayfield as the same Covid-safe percentage of capacity will lead to a greater number of fans experiencing the fun than at Hampden. And with so few fans, relative to the original planned full stadium, able to go now every thousand able to experience the Euros counts.

22 minutes ago, SecretCEO said:

Murrayfield has the largest capacity, so if the Euros really are coming to Scotland now (and the government seem yesterday to have sent Uefa the guarantee of fans at games) then shift the games to Murrayfield as the same Covid-safe percentage of capacity will lead to a greater number of fans experiencing the fun than at Hampden. And with so few fans, relative to the original planned full stadium, able to go now every thousand able to experience the Euros counts.

The Euros are not coming to "Scotland", they are coming to Glasgow. Glasgow was named as the host city, and Hampden was named as the host stadium. All the infrastructure has been prepared around Hampden and Glasgow, and the teams competing in the games have been preparing to play in Glasgow. If the SFA wanted to move games away from Hampden then UEFA would move them to Wembley or one of the other host stadiums, not to Murrayfield.

So they should throw out all the work done so far on security, transport, volunteering, staffing and marketing plans, improving floodlights, dugouts, big screens, hospitality suites at Hampden to move games to another city, pay a large rental fee for a different stadium (which is hosting a major rugby test match bang in the middle of the euro games) in order to let all of 4000 extra fans in?

Great news on this for Hampden and Scotland supporters. I read up to 33pc capacity, so maybe 16-17k each game.

Anyhow, still keen on Murrayfield taking up the slack where the other cities/countries are struggling due to the pandemic. Would be great for more Scots to have the opportunity to see the action first hand. Because it may be a very long time coming around again.

Prior to this I was starting to wonder what was going on re fans back. 

You'd think the response group would be working alongside the gov ministers to iron out footballs plans to have fans back based on the already outlined national timelines. It would really help clubs with season ticket sales coming up shortly as well with having something positive in the news. 

Might well be happening but during the week seeing another article saying they're going to demand urgent talks suggested there's wasn't any dialogue... 😬 Important few weeks for clubs at all levels. 

Excited by the idea of getting back to games but won't hold my breath just yet...

There has definitely been ongoing dialogue - there has been Scottish government represenation at a lot of the Joint Response Group meetings. It's easier for tabloid journalists to say "seeking talks" or something like that because it makes it seem like they have more of a story.

Tier 0 won't be as completely back to normal as folk think. I imagine it'll still have masks and the social distancing stuff in there too. 

In an unrelated article it was suggested once tier 0 is reached it'll then be gradually removing all the remaining restrictions. Although not sure we need to worry about it for long. More likely to head back up the tiers like the end of last summer! 😬😂

So unless Tier 0 lasts less than a month Pittodrie will get less than 10% capacity for European qualifying games despite Hampden having had 25% well over a month earlier? Most grounds could safely do 30% capacity now let alone in July.

Edited by DMCs

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

So unless Tier 0 lasts less than a month Pittodrie will get less than 10% capacity for European qualifying games despite Hampden having had 25% well over a month earlier? Most grounds could safely do 30% capacity let alone in July.

Fag packet maths, but this rule would have, on average, 26 people in each section in Ibrox despite them seating an average of over 640 for full capacity.

They must think football fans are total morons.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

2,000 in level 0 is fucking ridiculous. 

30 minutes ago, DMCs said:

So unless Tier 0 lasts less than a month Pittodrie will get less than 10% capacity for European qualifying games despite Hampden having had 25% well over a month earlier? Most grounds could safely do 30% capacity now let alone in July.

25 minutes ago, G51 said:

Fag packet maths, but this rule would have, on average, 26 people in each section in Ibrox despite them seating an average of over 640 for full capacity.

They must think football fans are total morons.

One thing I forgot to add when I posted the picture which now seems quite important in the context after the views you folks replied with.

Those are the bog standard set of rules but there is the ability to apply for additional via local authorities. I presume from local health board or council (not sure) but thats basically whats happened to allow the fans at the Euros. 

All the other tiers are only lasting 3-4 weeks, so maybe Tier 0 will be the same.