The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've seen that point raised before and while I think clubs may go down that route, I don't think it would minimise any risk.
In the example you provide, lets say someone drives to watch their team from 10 miles away. Why would they be considered a higher risk than someone living any closer but they use public transport to attend?

I suppose it isn’t any more risky. In the car you are more likely to be from someone in the same household or bubble. If travel restrictions may still be in place by then, it may be something the club initially would see as being a good idea for local fans 1st. Depends how the out of town people are getting there i suppose.

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Football not more important than getting the country back in order, no?

For me it may actually be but it is not about me.  I don’t run a business but I can imagine the stresses of those that do, I think they should be given every opportunity to get back on their feet before I wander into Fir Park.

42 minutes ago, ropy said:

For me it may actually be but it is not about me.  I don’t run a business but I can imagine the stresses of those that do, I think they should be given every opportunity to get back on their feet before I wander into Fir Park.

I was being facetious.

I don't see why we should all be allowed to get back in to see football matches when people can't get to gigs etc.

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I was being facetious.

I don't see why we should all be allowed to get back in to see football matches when people can't get to gigs etc.

I know you were but I was taking a moment out to be serious, a bit of self reflection, rather than my more regular light hearted approach to the content on here.

Normal service to be resumed.

On 22/02/2021 at 16:29, Ric said:

Might want to provide a "I don't buy season tickets" answer for the first question. The only "no" answer is because you aren't buying one because it's behind closed doors. I'm not buying one because I never buy one.

I know a few fans who happily pay for each game on the day done it myself in the past totally agree 

Edited by GFARAB82

I for one canny wait till we’re back, and back properly being able to go to bars beforehand and do as we like, it’s such a happy thought being able to trudge down to leith walk for a few bevy’s before heading up to the back of the east stand for a dismal 1-1 draw and I genuinely mean that.

1 minute ago, Les Cabbage said:

I for one canny wait till we’re back, and back properly being able to go to bars beforehand and do as we like, it’s such a happy thought being able to trudge down to leith walk for a few bevy’s before heading up to the back of the east stand for a dismal 1-1 draw and I genuinely mean that.

If you were allowed back but the condition was that the Jam Tarts would win that first game 3-0, would you take it?

3 hours ago, ropy said:

I wouldn't say that mate, I do run a business and I suspect it's next year before I am back in the black.

I hope and think we will be back for the KO of the new season. I suspect the Euros are too soon, sadly.

I was being facetious.

Football matches are outdoor and it's much easier to enforce distancing, that's one main difference between them and most gigs.

Is this not covered by the fact that we’re going back into tiers? If you’re in a low enough tier then fans are back in prescribed numbers. According to a poster on another United forum Dundee for example would be in about tier 1 on the numbers as they presently stand, which would mean fans back. Did she give a date for the return of the tier system or am I imagining it? End of April?   

The prescribed numbers in the tiers were laughably low last time around, I think a maximum of 500 even in Tier 0.

I think there is every probability that when the time comes, certainly initially, it'll be local fans only. I'm pretty sure thats what the Highland League teams were doing when they had fans for a wee while. 
I bought a ticket for a Highland League match back in December (postponed, I've gone over a year without seeing a game now) and there were no checks about whether I was local or not.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

And what's to stop them using partially attended football stadiums for gigs?

Those would be allowed at exactly the same time as football - there hasn't been specific legislation for football, but rather for "outdoor events".