Ayr v Arbroath

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Always the easy option isn't it ?

Sack the Manager and post childish cartoons.

Well done !!!

You’re entitled to back the manager all you want but there’s no need to get on your high horse about it.

Saying stuff like “today wasn’t terrible in isolation” (it was) and harping back to fans opinions of signings in the summer is just desperation. Many people in the summer were remarking about how many number 10s we’d signed while lacking quality in other areas of the park. Many people questioned the lack of leadership when Bell was allowed to leave.

Good win to continue the run. Weren’t as good as previous weeks but Ayr were poor. Saying that Gaston was well worked first half and had to make a good few saves in first half. Hilson worked his socks off again, defence solid it’s looking good going into the run in.

Results going in favour for us today as well, now looking at sneaking into promotion playoffs.

I should have mentioned more than form, but also actual tactics, gameplay, lack of fight and leadership on the pitch - as you say, there are NO signs that we could go on a run of wins

There were few if any signs of us going on our recent run. From memory we had 4 points after 9 games on Boxing Day and things looked absolutely dire.

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You’re entitled to back the manager all you want but there’s no need to get on your high horse about it.

Saying stuff like “today wasn’t terrible in isolation” (it was) and harping back to fans opinions of signings in the summer is just desperation. Many people in the summer were remarking about how many number 10s we’d signed while lacking quality in other areas of the park. Many people questioned the lack of leadership when Bell was allowed to leave.

I've got absolutely no skin in the game other than being a supporter and season ticket holder, I want us to succeed (obviously) but felt we played better today than either the result or the comments deserved. That said, we have been very poor since the Cappielow capitulation.

As for Bell, I'm pretty sure we couldn't stop him from leaving, although I'd agree we should have tried to replace that level of experience and leadership.

For what it's worth, I wanted Stewart as Manager (as mentioned at the time), however Kerr got the job and deserves the support.

I also fully appreciate that it's not worked out (for a variety of reasons), however sacking him now wouldn't achieve much as we're stuck with the same players, the same lack of leadership, the same injury issues, the same poor playing surface, the same lack of confidence and no ready made replacement that I'm aware of.

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

There were few if any signs of us going on our recent run. From memory we had 4 points after 9 games on Boxing Day and things looked absolutely dire.

Not sure that's entirely true. There were few, if any, signs in December certainly as we lurched from one dreadful performance (Inverness 0-3) to another (Hearts 1-6) and then another (Morton 0-2) and another (Dundee 1-3). I do think prior to that we'd shown signs of being a decent side without really getting the rewards, mainly because the defending wasn't good enough. Maybe we just needed to build up an understanding and wait for Wullie to really understand full back. We'd only won one league game but the Betfred Cup performances were encouraging, we should certainly have got at least a point at Ayr on the opening day, should have won at Arbroath and might even have nicked something at home to Raith if we hadn't sold about 4 goals that day! There were signs of ability in the side.

It did all click very suddenly on the back of a dreadful 4 game run though undeniably.

21 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Same with us, looked dead and buried on Boxing Day. A great run of 8 games unbeaten and things are looking good. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure that's entirely true. There were few, if any, signs in December certainly as we lurched from one dreadful performance (Inverness 0-3) to another (Hearts 1-6) and then another (Morton 0-2) and another (Dundee 1-3). I do think prior to that we'd shown signs of being a decent side without really getting the rewards, mainly because the defending wasn't good enough. Maybe we just needed to build up an understanding and wait for Wullie to really understand full back. We'd only won one league game but the Betfred Cup performances were encouraging, we should certainly have got at least a point at Ayr on the opening day, should have won at Arbroath and might even have nicked something at home to Raith if we hadn't sold about 4 goals that day! There were signs of ability in the side.

It did all click very suddenly on the back of a dreadful 4 game run though undeniably.

Some truth in what you say. Any early hints of promise were largely hidden by an inability to do even the basics defensively. Certainly as you say December was dire and any vague signs of competence seemed a distant memory thus making our current run all the more unexpected. That's really what I meant by few if any signs of us going on such a run. 

Kerr needs to get a grip on reality. Last season Ayr finished 4th and Arbroath finished 5th. We started today above Ayr in the table.

I don’t think he’s having a dig at Arbroath. He’s making the point about us losing at home to a part time team in the fashion that we did which is unacceptable.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he’s having a dig at Arbroath. He’s making the point about us losing at home to a part time team in the fashion that we did which is unacceptable.

Part time part time part time 

Top of the form league over the past 8 games

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mark Kerr - "Arbroath beating us at home is unacceptable and I take responsibility for that.“

😂 how is that Mark? 

GIRFUY

You're getting a bit precious about this. Frankly, I'm puzzled that you are surprised by that.