Ayr v Arbroath

Bit harsh on doolan but i’d bring hamilton back in for him, otherwise same team

Doolan said in his interview that he knows what his role is at the club due to his age. Came across really well, seems great in the changing room, like Prunty was

If Hamilton not 100 percent go Doolan. Be buzzing after last week, to be fair he comes close to scoring quite a lot, unlucky not to have 2-3 more goals for us and he hasn’t played too often. Williamson and Linn coming into the team and Hilson finding some good form in his new role off the striker has meant we’ve started creating some good chances and getting the ball in and around the box a lot more. 

Be happy with either but would probably edge towards Hamilton because you know no matter how we play or how he is playing he is a handful that defenders seem to have trouble with.

10 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

If Jack Hamilton is fit he has to start. We still only got 1 goal in a match we dominated. Doolan is a nice guy and he scored but his impact and threat is nowhere near Hamilton’s.

100% agree - this shouldn't even be up for discussion. I was delighted for Doolan on Saturday but he has had plenty of opportunities to make himself our number one goal threat and hasn't delivered. Hamilton is young, energetic, physical and has an eye for goal, and is just what we've been missing since Wighton left. Hamilton to start, Doolan to come on later if need be.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

100% agree - this shouldn't even be up for discussion. I was delighted for Doolan on Saturday but he has had plenty of opportunities to make himself our number one goal threat and hasn't delivered. Hamilton is young, energetic, physical and has an eye for goal, and is just what we've been missing since Wighton left. Hamilton to start, Doolan to come on later if need be.

When a striker scores in a winning team I think it should always merit a discussion for him to start the next game.

5 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Not disagreeing if Hamilton is fit then he starts in front of Doolan but disagree with your statement - "but he has had plenty of opportunities to make himself our number one goal threat and hasn't delivered" - as this was in the period when we were playing one up front with little support and not scoring goals, when the Gaffer changed to 2 up front through the middle and also brought Bobby (eventually) into the team that was when we started creating chances and Hamilton was finishing them off but even Hamilton would have struggled to score in our team pre-Christmas and without Bobby in the team so i think your statement about Doolan is pretty harsh.

As you say start with Hamilton (if fit) and bring on Doolan if required.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

I would start with the same team as on Saturday apart from Hamilton in for Doolan but only if he is 100% fit (harsh on Dools but he even admitted he knows his role at the club and refreshing to hear he is the type of player not to go in the huff about it) and as much as i am a massive Craigen fan i would keep Stewart in the starting line up as he deserves it and it was Cragen's fault he was out the team.

In regards young Moore again start with Bobby and Hilson and look to bring Moore on after 60 minutes to run amok for the last 30 minutes for one of them like he done in the last 15 minutes against Raith.

25 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Not disagreeing if Hamilton is fit then he starts in front of Doolan but disagree with your statement - "but he has had plenty of opportunities to make himself our number one goal threat and hasn't delivered" - as this was in the period when we were playing one up front with little support and not scoring goals, when the Gaffer changed to 2 up front through the middle and also brought Bobby (eventually) into the team that was when we started creating chances and Hamilton was finishing them off but even Hamilton would have struggled to score in our team pre-Christmas and without Bobby in the team so i think your statement about Doolan is pretty harsh.

As you say start with Hamilton (if fit) and bring on Doolan if required.

Perhaps my comment was a little harsh and I do agree that changing the formation has played a big part in our upturn but how many very good goalscoring chances has Doolan missed this season? He and Hilson seem to really struggle with taking their chances. Again, in his/their defence, confidence is a huge part of the game and perhaps his goal on Saturday will allow him to relax a little and the goals will follow. Still think it has to be Hamilton to start though.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Perhaps my comment was a little harsh and I do agree that changing the formation has played a big part in our upturn but how many very good goalscoring chances has Doolan missed this season? He and Hilson seem to really struggle with taking their chances. Again, in his/their defence, confidence is a huge part of the game and perhaps his goal on Saturday will allow him to relax a little and the goals will follow. Still think it has to be Hamilton to start though.

Very good chances he’s missed? Could’ve maybe done better at Qots away I think? Awkward ball over shoulder, other than that can’t think. Think he’s had some great efforts that have just not went in for him. Hearts at home Gordon unreal save, Caley at home when he hit post from hard angle and the weekend there where the defender clears it off line after he done really well. 

Had it tough but whole team was, Bobby and Williamson plus Hilson up next to striker has totally transformed us and we’ve got a wee bit about us now.

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

Hope that Dick (Campbell) gets on the pitch again - what a sight - the man is a loon.

I missed that game as well, so didn't see it in the flesh. It must have been something.

Thankfully I saw it on Wuffsters highlights and I'm reminded of it every Friday during the intro for AVFTT.