Most friendly City In The World.

ZingaliMan

13 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Go into a Glasgow pub, and within minutes some drunken fantasist will regale you with stories of how they are great pals with Paul Ferris, Ally McCoist and Billy Connolly. Lunatics. 

This has literally never happened to me, and probably never happened to you. The chip grows larger every day. 

I'd like to congratulate Glaswegians on being freindly. Some achievement. 

Well it’s something you and plenty other lads on this forum can’t manage!

The sneering way English Canadians talked about Quebec independence used to remind me a lot of the way English people talk about Scottish independence.

As far as I know French Canadians are pretty well established as the most racist people on the North American continent so they deserve to be sneered at for being A) French, B) Canadian, C) racist and D) shitebags that voted against independence on two separate occasions

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Spend some time in Finland and tell me that again.

After speaking to people from Finland I'm convinced that this is the best place to live in the world regarding how friendly people are. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

As far as I know French Canadians are pretty well established as the most racist people on the North American continent so they deserve to be sneered at for being A) French, B) Canadian, C) racist and D) shitebags that voted against independence on two separate occasions

4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.pngare they aye

On 22/02/2021 at 11:23, Stormzy said:

I think most people in the world prefer Edinburgh, I only ever hear the Glasgow superiority thing from funnily enough, people from Glasgow.

Up until covid stopped tourism, Scotland was a fashionable place for the Swiss to visit for a while. Almost universally, people have said to me that they loved Edinburgh as it was very beautiful, but found the hospitality in Glasgow much better and more welcoming.

15 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They only do that with tourists. My demeanour exudes that I live near enough that they cut straight to the chase and ask for money.

I'm surprised they think you have money...

38 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Spend some time in Finland and tell me that again.

I work with a few Finns and have drunk with a few more. Almost all of them were oddballs.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, the Finnish people are a mental race of people.  Seems to be a trend here though.

They also have more than a bit of a racism problem:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Finland?wprov=sfla1

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Quite a claim give the level of competition in that particular field.

On 22/02/2021 at 10:50, Stormzy said:

Don't forget the funniest. The "glesga" humour. My late dad was from Glasgow and used to always make a joke or tell me some joke he read on FF and he'd always claim some special form of Glaswegian humour. 

Can anyone outline what this is, it might actually exist I'm just unsure on how it could be defined? 

A lot of them*, and I include members of my own family here**, seem to think they're some sort of Billy Connolly type figure, but simply come across as deeply unfunny, over-opinionated and loudmouthed instead (and presume that anybody not finding them funny must be 'miserable').  That or they're very much like the 'guy in an empty pub' character in Limmy's Show (that's what you certainly call observational comedy).  

I also find a worryingly high proportion of them to be a largely insular bunch; clueless tourists in their own country at times who come across as being ignorant and rather arrogant (e.g. act stunned when you reveal that you've heard of places such as Bishopbriggs / Milngavie/ Renfrew etc). "How do you know where that is?! 😲", possibly because they think that their cluelessness should be the same the other way around.

The phrase "self praise is no praise at all" was almost certainly conjured up after somebody's visit to Glasgow.   

*not all, but a worryingly high proportion 

**it's only the Weegie branch that are like this, completely different to the rest largely from D&G, Fife & Perthshire.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This has literally never happened to me, and probably never happened to you. The chip grows larger every day. 

I genuinely don't know what possesses people when they decide to make this stuff up.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

How bad are the other places when the friendliest place requires bouncers in fast food restaurants? :o

Inverness has had bouncers in the city centre McDonald's on a Friday and Saturday night for years.

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I'd just like you and everyone to know that everything contained in this post is 100% accurate and I'd green dot it twice if I could.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

How bad are the other places when the friendliest place requires bouncers in fast food restaurants? :o

The only place I've ever seen security in a fast food place was Leeds on a Saturday night but I don't get out much.

Glasgow is great, so is Lanarkshire, but I always feel that Ayrshire is the friendliest place in Scotland. Lovely people - no nonsense, down to earth, funny. Also, fantastic pronunciation of the words one, four, seven and eleven.

Least friendly place in Scotland is a more interesting question  but I'm not going there. In either sense.