Most friendly City In The World.

ZingaliMan

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're full of contradictions, aren't you? When you were choosing your team you really did have better options given your preference for the East and present location. What factors did you consider?

I'm only human after all, I can't see any contradiction in following the team my dad born and raised in Glasgow did, didnt really have a choice nor did he when his dad took him to games. Isn't that how most people "choose" a team?

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You don't think calling someone a name is derogatory? I'm not sure that's for you to decide.

I'm not hung up on it, I'm just a bit fed up of the attitudes towards drug users in this country. 

Depends what the name is doesn't it and what context it's used. In this setting I don't mean to have a go at anyone with drug issues and that was never my light hearted intention. 

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You almost got a greenie for that, and then I pressed the Reveal button.

To be fair, Inverness is more of a big town than a city isn't it. Which is a good thing because cities are awful.

31 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm only human after all, I can't see any contradiction in following the team my dad born and raised in Glasgow did, didnt really have a choice nor did he when his dad took him to games. Isn't that how most people "choose" a team?

I'm sure you said it was because the league teams prevented the Highland League teams accessing the old SFL.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Glasgow where you can be stabbed for wearing the wrong colour t-shirt or for daring to glance at someone, the friendliest place, sounds about right.

The late  Simon Hoggart used to say that the people of Northern Ireland were the nicest people in the world, unless they were trying to kill you. Glasgow is presumably the watered down version of that, in some respects...

Scotland will only be free when we combine Edinburgh and Glasgow into one futuristic mega City.  I've drawn up some initial blueprints for how the centre of New Scotia will look.
b574d2ca78e5ef31a2b81e31692de8fe.jpg&key=f7228b28a8551f12d27e47ae4cede7f84d7116dd7399b7233e172af54d7c3fae
95bd0b7fa8af67e7adcd368f431ba12f.jpg&key=e303a72f1f00381029786f1c4e616fec8edc079ae75002737d31f59b4293b8b0
All division in Scotland between Edinburgh and Glasgow will be ended and we will storm forward to a new glorious fruture of prosperity and freedom.

A good idea I can support but there would have to be some blue sky thinking where we can make sure the denizens of Stirling, Falkirk and all the other hick towns are excluded. Our own version of the Flyover States.

I'm sure you said it was because the league teams prevented the Highland League teams accessing the old SFL.

That was G51.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

100% someone else. 

49 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

A good idea I can support but there would have to be some blue sky thinking where we can make sure the denizens of Stirling, Falkirk and all the other hick towns are excluded. Our own version of the Flyover States.

That was G51.

I stand corrected , apologies.

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

You forgot wannabe gangsters from the likes of Carnoustie and Monifieth. They're too fairt to cross the threshold into DD4 and beyond. 

Edit : apologies. Love Glasgow. They're mostly fucking bonkers but even the ones who look like they're about to stab you have a laugh with you before attempting it. If ever I could get a job that let me stay as near to Glasgow City Centre as possible, I'd die happy. 

Grew up there, and all the wannabe "cool" ones who thought they were gangsters spoke with Dundee accents and pretended they were in the Fleet or the Young ****.

Off topic, but I went to a party a few years ago and was sitting with 3-4 people from Snootie then spoke to a group from Arbroath - it was quite amazing hearing the difference in accent, probably what 5-6 miles. Carnoustie is still probably Angus-ish to Dundonains, but it sounded more oray than Arbroath - sounded way more teuchtery. Although Weegie with me said you all sound like teuchters!

Since the list is based on tourists I can understand why Glasgow is top, I'm sure all the Yanks absolutely eat up all the "patter" when they visit Glass-cow but like other cities on the list, if your not a tourist then the top 3 cities can be as far from friendly as you get. 

Glasgow - Where people will stab each other because they happen to live in a different housing scheme from you or you went to school named after a saint or not

Dublin - Junkies, Scumbags, dirty 

Montreal - Friendly until they discover you are an anglo Canadian who doesn't speak any French 

14 hours ago, G51 said:

There is no difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Absolutely none.

Glaswegians will say "Oh we're so much friendlier than them though" and Edinburgh people (seriously, please sort out a fucking name for yourselves already) will say "Oh but they're all violent bigots so we're much better than them" but it's all shite. It's exactly the same place.

And you know what? There's f**k all difference between these "two cities" and any other cities in the UK.

I kinda feel sorry for you that you can't tell the difference between one culture and another.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

A Glaswegian once commented to me that if you are in a pub in Edinburgh people will just ignore you and in Glasgow people will have a chat with you and want to get to know you.

Bizarrely he thought this was a thing in Glasgow's favour.

This is also (rather was in current times) way too common on Glasgow buses.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I kinda feel sorry for you that you can't tell the difference between one culture and another.

that's a good joke mate. as often discussed on here, we all know the central belt has no culture