Most friendly City In The World.

ZingaliMan

Always thought Dundonians were a better laugh all round as there's too many Glaswegians that consciously internalise that "wha's like us" attitude but everyone I know that's from further afield said they've not met more friendly folks than Glaswegians. Personally think Dundee is the shining beacon of mad but sound Scots tho.

25 years in Glasgow, 20 years working in Edinburgh and living in Linlithgow.

Edinburgh is alright if you don't like people. Glasgow is the best and the worst of everything.

Biggest difference between the two cities is that Glasgow is a working class city, the middle class folk sound Glaswegian and know they're outnumbered. Edinburgh is a middle class city, the middle class sound English and the working class feel inferior to them.

Mon then.

There is no difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Absolutely none.

Glaswegians will say "Oh we're so much friendlier than them though" and Edinburgh people (seriously, please sort out a fucking name for yourselves already) will say "Oh but they're all violent bigots so we're much better than them" but it's all shite. It's exactly the same place.

And you know what? There's f**k all difference between these "two cities" and any other cities in the UK.

Edited by G51

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

There is no difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Absolutely none.

Glaswegians will say "Oh we're so much friendlier than them though" and Edinburgh people (seriously, please sort out a fucking name for yourselves already) will say "Oh but they're all violent bigots so we're much better than them" but it's all shite. It's exactly the same place.

And you know what? There's f**k all difference between these "two cities" and any other cities in the UK.

EDINBURGH you will have had your tea. GLASOW come in have your tea. True true true. 

Despite being a Weegie, the friendliest city I've ever been in was Derry. Might be something in the religious bampot thing in that they expend all their violence in each other so are welcoming to strangers.  

10 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

The uk is a violent island from north to south. Glasgow is let down by religious ban pots , they are in the minority though. Have been lucky enough to work in many countries.  Scotland has a magic , a special magic made by its people.  We have a dark side which deep down we all know. So does most countries when you look closely.  However Scotland is magical.  Bring on independence.  

😂

Glasgow is a horrible city imo, dirty, "friendly jakies", people make Glasgow type people. 

Edinburgh is a beautiful city, no friendly jakies and people that just go about their own business. 

Edited by Stormzy

41 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Glasgow is a horrible city imo, dirty, "friendly jakies", people make Glasgow type people. 

Edinburgh is a beautiful city, no friendly jakies and people that just go about their own business. 

Astounded that the forums most uberyoon/tory sneers at ‘jakies’ and prefers Scotlands most stuck up city. 

Glasgow and Dundee are quite similar cities. Strangers will speak to you at the bus stop, so if that's no yr thing, then they may not be the places for you. Both reasonably friendly places as long as you keep your wits about you. Maybe because of the large Irish and Italian backgrounds to both cities. I lived in Edinburgh for 20 years. Much more of a city for minding yr own business. Friendly enough, in the main. 

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Despite being a Weegie, the friendliest city I've ever been in was Derry. Might be something in the religious bampot thing in that they expend all their violence in each other so are welcoming to strangers.  

There's definitely something in this. I know a good few lads from the border counties in NI and they're genuinely good folk with a decent bit of patter.

Scottish people always get a good reception in the North. English and Irish people do as well in fairness - like you say, the hostilities are reserved for each other.

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Astounded that the forums most uberyoon/tory sneers at ‘jakies’ and prefers Scotlands most stuck up city. 

I'm not a Tory and i'm not sneering at anyone but good effort. 

I think most people in the world prefer Edinburgh, I only ever hear the Glasgow superiority thing from funnily enough, people from Glasgow. 

I must say this coastal beef does seem propagated more so by the aggressive west coasters, those that shout the loudest.

I'm not going to link that to which city favoured Indy and the silent majority etc.. I'll leave that to the imagination.