Super Saints v Motherwell crocked 11 rd 2

Clancy thankfully calling time on what has been an open but untidy as f**k half. If someone could slip him a valium and explain it's not all about him then that might help.

Yeah, untidy is probably the most cogent description for that 45 minutes. Motherwell having the best chances, but neither keeper tested (at all?).

Not one for the purists. Motherwell have definitely been the better side but neither have created anything of note. 

St Mirren looking like a team who've been playing two games a week for a while. Kevin Clancy looking like a ref who's been playing more than 2 games a week too. Some really poor decisions. Could see this being settled by a dodgy penalty at one end or the other. 

HT 0-0
Fairly similar game to the one between the sides a few weeks ago. Motherwell pressing very high and closing us down quickly, surprised at their recent results given how they are playing. It has caused a few nervy moments at the back but they haven’t created any chances.
Our main outlet on the break has been Durmus on the left, he’s had a few crosses in but none on point. Best chance probably a header for Shaughnessy from a McGrath free kick, but he couldn’t get it on targe, neither keeper has been tested.
Neither JDH or McGrath look fully fit, which isn’t surprising considering. Would be surprised if either lasts the 90 and we will likely see Flynn, McAllister and Connolly before long.

Just now, Ric said:

Clancy thankfully calling time on what has been an open but untidy as f**k half. If someone could slip him a valium and explain it's not all about him then that might help.

Yeah, untidy is probably the most cogent description for that 45 minutes. Motherwell having the best chances, but neither keeper tested (at all?).

Alnwick with our best effort, tbh.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Some really poor decisions. Could see this being settled by a dodgy penalty at one end or the other. 

Where have we seen that movie before 🤔

We have been better than Saturday but then all we had to do was actually try tonight. Very little skill on show. 

A point would be OK but 3 would help us immensely obvs. 

Just seen several replays from different angles of the Durmus/Watt challenge. There is contact, no doubting, Durmus catches his ankle but Watt tumbles to the ground holding his head as much as his ankle. I'm sure it hurt but it was nowhere near a yellow, and in fact it wasn't until Clancy wandered over 10 seconds later and asks if he should book him. Naturally Watt tells him to, so he does. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Eye-bleeding stuff from both sides which has been magnified by a horrible pernickety refereeing performance.

This is spot on, albeit this is an improvement on recent Motherwell performances. 

Result that pushes St Mirren to the very brink of sealing the top 6, but also pushes Motherwell to the brink of safety.

If it ends like this I demand an enquiry.

It's been rotten. Worst game I've seen St Mirren involved in for ages. Think Motherwell have done well, stuck to it and pressed hard. We look tired, everything looks hard, and our distribution from the back has been honking. If we can escape here with a point I think we will have gone well, but it's not great for our top 6 hopes.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Worst game I've seen St Mirren involved in for ages.

Heh.. what sort of time frame are you putting on "ages", during what I'll euphemistically call the 'covid sessions' we had some truly awful performances.

As I write this, best chance of the game, decent stop by Kelly but I don't think he knew much about it, more a reaction save.