Super Saints v Motherwell crocked 11 rd 2

We need to play with two upfront.

Either 352 thunderdome or 442 Bassetball please.

I can’t remember a game against St Mirren in my lifetime where I’d have them as such overwhelming favourites as they are on Wednesday.

Will wait until I see the line up before I decide to part with my cash or just listen to the radio.

It is worth pointing out that our last 4 Wed night games have yielded 3 wins and a draw. We have not won on a Saturday since October 😩😟

So if there is any modicum of hope then it simply is the fact that this is not a Weekend game. 

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

We need to play with two upfront.

Either 352 thunderdome or 442 Bassetball please.

I can’t remember a game against St Mirren in my lifetime where I’d have them as such overwhelming favourites as they are on Wednesday.

Will wait until I see the line up before I decide to part with my cash or just listen to the radio.

I'm guessing you guys are too wrapped in your own injury crises to realise we have a pretty major one too - and this will be our 8th game in 22 days too.

I don't see us as overwhelming favourites at all.

I'm guessing you guys are too wrapped in your own injury crises to realise we have a pretty major one too - and this will be our 8th game in 22 days too.

I don't see us as overwhelming favourites at all.

It’s not even our injury crisis. We’ve been giving away cheap goals and a ridiculous amount of penalties all season and we struggle to score. We’ve only scored one equaliser all season and you guys have been much more solid than you usually are. We are not hard to beat.

I’ll admit to knowing nothing at all about your injury crisis.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

With us unbeaten against Motherwell in our last 5 meetings, I'm optimistic that we won't lose this one. 

Hopefully not another draw, and we can somehow find the way to win again.

Saints win 2-1.

You will have to score 5 before you can be sure.

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Don't worry I'm sure that Erwin will step up to the plate.:rolleyes:

Surprised he recovered from the horrendous tackle for the penalty in the last game. Thought he could be out for the remainder of the season. Especially since your management team could hear the hit from the sidelines 🤮

14 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Surprised he recovered from the horrendous tackle for the penalty in the last game. Thought he could be out for the remainder of the season. Especially since your management team could hear the hit from the sidelines 🤮

A penalty is generally the outcome when shite defenders decide to kick opposing forwards in the box.:)

Edited by FTOF

Kelly

O'Donnell Gallagher McGinley Carroll. 

Campbell Maguire Polworth. 

Long Cole Watt. 

I'd like to see this team on Wednesday night. A win would be massive as it would give us a bit of a gap over the bottom three. 

Optimistically, I'll go for 2-1 Motherwell. Watt & Long for the good guys. 

Edited by Desp

9 minutes ago, Desp said:

Kelly

O'Donnell Gallagher McGinley Carroll. 

Campbell Maguire Polworth. 

Long Cole Watt. 

I'd like to see this team on Wednesday night. A win would be massive as it would give us a bit of a gap over the bottom three. 

Optimistically, I'll go for 2-1 Motherwell. Watt & Long for the good guys. 

Be a big surprise if Gallacher makes it. If he was injured up to the weekend would he be ready to start back after a couple of days training assuming he is even fit. 

If OHara is fit and available I would have him in CB or back in midfield. I know I am supposed to like Maguire but I don’t see anything in him other than a bog standard midfielder. OHara is far from perfect but he adds a goal threat from midfield. 

I guess we will go 4-3-3 as GA seems unable to select any other formation. But I would go 3-5-2 or 4-4-2. Which means dropping one of Cole or Long. 

Fingers crossed we have Campbell and O’Hara back at least. If Gallagher is fit it’d be a huge bonus - not cos he’s been great or anything - but he’s not Lamie or Magloire.

We’ve really struggled to get a grip in midfield the last few weeks so I wouldn’t be against a change in formation depending on the personnel available.

Kelly
              O’Hara Gallagher Mcginley
O’Donnell                                              Carroll
                        Campbell Maguire
                              Polworth
                         Cole       Watt

If we’ve got to run with the same squad as Saturday then formations don’t really matter, we’ll lose.

I’ll go for another 1-1. Cole for us, and whoever takes penalties for St Mirren.

Edit: Need to remember not to try and do formations when posting on my phone!

Edited by dezz

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Fingers crossed we have Campbell and O’Hara back at least. If Gallagher is fit it’d be a huge bonus - not cos he’s been great or anything - but he’s not Lamie or Magloire.

We’ve really struggled to get a grip in midfield the last few weeks so I wouldn’t be against a change in formation depending on the personnel available.

Kelly
O’Hara Gallagher Mcginley
O’Donnell Carroll
Campbell Maguire
Polworth
Cole Watt

If we’ve got to run with the same squad as Saturday then formations don’t really matter, we’ll lose.

I’ll go for another 1-1. Cole for us, and whoever takes penalties for St Mirren.

He’s injured.

On 21/02/2021 at 23:50, Bobby_F said:

Didn’t realise that Well had a load of players out recently, so Wednesday might be down to who gets players back. 

From what I can gather Saints aren’t likely to get anyone back by Wednesday, so our 7th game in 22 days with a squad which is effectively 13. 

Well have 11 first team players out though according to their fans on the St Johnstone match thread, so this could come down to who wants it most. 

Just hope that is Saints. 

Tony was talking enthusiastically about some of the youth we had on the bench on Saturday. Let's blood a couple of these. 

7 hours ago, Hendo said:

Given both teams are down to the bare bones  why dont they move it to Saturday 13th March, which is a free weekend? Or is that too sensible for the SPFL?

That dates being held for the Scottish Cup.

If you rescheduled for then, and the Scottish Cup got the go ahead, you'd have to wedge it in somewhere else.

16 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

It’s not even our injury crisis. We’ve been giving away cheap goals and a ridiculous amount of penalties all season and we struggle to score. We’ve only scored one equaliser all season and you guys have been much more solid than you usually are. We are not hard to beat.

I’ll admit to knowing nothing at all about your injury crisis.

We have a small squad. Many games this season we have been unable to fill the bench and is the reason for the postponed games as we only had 12 players available (inc 4 keepers) when Covid hit.

In January we let 3 players go and brought in two - both now injured having hardly kicked a ball for us. For the last few weeks our bench has consisted of 2 keepers, 3 boys who have never started a first team game, and 2 experienced players.