Super Saints v Motherwell crocked 11 rd 2

27 minutes ago, welldaft said:

No harm done. 

I mean this is the best St Mirren side for a century or so. And you are scraping to get into the top 6. 

As a Motherwell fan whose side consistently finish top 6 and even 2nd or 3rd on many occasions I am genuinely warmed by this biblical quest. I hope you guys make it for the simple reason that if you do you will have taken points of Ross County and Hamilton. 

Apart form that get back to seaside leagues where u belong 😛

Remind me when did you last win a major honour? Were you even born?

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

What was the answer to the first question? Or can you not remember when?

What matters is that commendably St Mirren are within 1000 points of Motherwell in the all time top flight table in Scotland. 

That took me by surprise. I thought the likes of Falkirk and Partick Thistle would be closer. 

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

What matters is that commendably St Mirren are within 1000 points of Motherwell in the all time top flight table in Scotland. 

That took me by surprise. I thought the likes of Falkirk and Partick Thistle would be closer. 

49c6d8004be45c83ce4b4f94278aa28f.gif

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Sorry I still don’t know when you last won a major honour. 

I do know your club went into administration. Financial cheating should carry stiffer sentences. 

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Sorry guys technically I am wrong it is actually 1050 points so not within 1000 points. My bad....

Just now, Yflab said:

Sorry I still don’t know when you last won a major honour. 

I do know your club went into administration. Financial cheating should carry stiffer sentences. 

Yawn. Must do better.

I am off to bed. The competition on here has been quite frankly embarrassing. Amateur hour. 

Good luck with top 6. Maybe they will have an annual days holiday in Paisley if you achieve it 😂

6 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Yawn. Must do better.

I am off to bed. The competition on here has been quite frankly embarrassing. Amateur hour. 

Good luck with top 6. Maybe they will have an annual days holiday in Paisley if you achieve it 😂

Would be karma if St Mirren fail to make the top 6 but relegate you on the last day of the season with a last minute winner by Richard Tait.

Edited by Guest

Yawn. Must do better.
Good luck with top 6. Maybe they will have an annual days holiday in Paisley if you achieve it [emoji23]

Sweet dreams welldaft. Hope it’s just a one day hangover you suffer.

I get heavy Thistle 16/17 vibes from this insane Top Six obsession that's gripped the St Mirren fans on here recently. 

If they make it they'll lose the post split games by an aggregate of about 24-3 and go down next year.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I get heavy Thistle 16/17 vibes from this insane Top Six obsession that's gripped the St Mirren fans on here recently. 

If they make it they'll lose the post split games by an aggregate of about 24-3 and go down next year.

Obsessed  ?  Will be nice if it happens still be nice if we dont the bottom line is it's been a relatively good season. What's up with you sour plums for not beating St Mirren this season.  

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

To be honest, I get the same feeling a wee bit. I mean in the grand scheme of things top six doesn't really matter that much. If it's us, the Saintees or Dundee United, there isn't much between any of the sides, and although I would like to finish top six, just as a mark of progression if nothing else, it would be fun to hang around, lie down to Accies and try and relegate Killie.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Honestly, it would be hilarious if after all this they finish 8th, and only 8pts above the play offs. If Hamilton win the gap is only 9, and St Mirrens form has been ruined by the scheduling, to the point it'll be hard to gain momentum until after the split.

I think they'll finish 6th though, we've left it too late to start turning draws into wins, and United don't have the fixtures to make it.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Honestly, it would be hilarious if after all this they finish 8th, and only 8pts above the play offs. If Hamilton win the gap is only 9, and St Mirrens form has been ruined by the scheduling, to the point it'll be hard to gain momentum until after the split.

I think they'll finish 6th though, we've left it too late to start turning draws into wins, and United don't have the fixtures to make it.

I guess our collective excitement at the possibility probably does leave us open to pisstaking, which would be fair.

What I would say is we've only been occasionally impressive this season, IMO. Some big performances that really stand out, but an awful lot of fairly average ones too, and I don't just mean during our packed February. We had a long unbeaten run (which included the LC games), but we've also had three winless spells of 7, 5 and 5 games (including the current run.)

We've just had three eye-gouging home draws against teams below us in the league, and wins in any two of those would have pretty much had us safe (in top six). Obviously the fixture list has played a part, but it's been in our hands and if we fail then we really do only have ourselves to blame.

On the plus side, I guess at least we've been in the mix and this season certainly gives us something to build on.