Super Saints v Motherwell crocked 11 rd 2

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 0-0
Frustrating but not a disaster, probably a fair result and certainly better than 0-3. Well probably had the more territory but didn’t really create anything and they were time wasting at the end. Best chance of the match was probably Obika’s half volley that was well saved by Kelly.
We just look knackered, we look like a team that is playing it’s 10th game in 31 days, and we are.
That lack of sharpness and pace has certainly made us less of an attacking threat. We are still a well drilled unit that’s hard to beat though, just two goals conceded in the last four and both were freak deflections.
Still think 40 points the target for top six, now four to go. A win and a draw against Accies and County should do it.
Best player for us probably Fraser again, another clean sheet for the defence and he’s the stand out for me.
Six games unbeaten against Well now, quite the turnaround.

Alnwick was motm for me. Didn't really have to do much, but was looked competent, took his high balls, made a couple of routine saves and tried to get us up the park a bit. Nobody else really managed much.

To be honest, and no disrespect meant, only getting a point at St Mirren is shocking.  The context of the last two games demonstrates the level we have fallen to.

Things need to improve and a bit of ambition needs to be shown on the pitch.

Playing against Hibs may be less of a battle but performances need to be raised all around the team.

I’m raging we’ve not won that to be honest. A much improved performance at least.

Who’d have thought Roberts might actually be decent? I’d pretty much written him off. Who’d have thought No nonsense Ricky and Magoalie would keep a clean sheet as our centre back pairing?

St Mirren seemed to struggle with our more direct tactics. Maybe they weren’t expecting it.
Why yous never created any more than us.

Just now, elvis said:
28 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:
I’m raging we’ve not won that to be honest. A much improved performance at least.

Who’d have thought Roberts might actually be decent? I’d pretty much written him off. Who’d have thought No nonsense Ricky and Magoalie would keep a clean sheet as our centre back pairing?

St Mirren seemed to struggle with our more direct tactics. Maybe they weren’t expecting it.

Why yous never created any more than us.

St Mirren had the best effort but we should have had more. We didn’t.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We are basically those guys at the end of Gladiators when they're trying to run up the travelator but their legs have gone.

Indeed.

We look absolutely done in.

I've noticed that McCarthy and Shaugnessy are losing headers that they would have won easily a month ago. Also, the midfield lack the sharpness that they had. We just look flat.

Although, I think the back three set up didn't help.

Glad to get the last of 5 midweeks games out of the way and be in sixth position. Overall I reckon JG has "done good" considering towards the end we were down to twelve outfield players two of whom Flynn & McAllister aren't up to two full games a week at this level.

Edited by btb

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I went full Roy Keane and took the dug a walk instead of watching this such was my optimism. Sounds like we weren't total shite.

Our standards have dropped considerably but it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Top six is gone, a combination of players who are done in and a drastic loss of form will see us fall short. The fakes will grab sixth place. 

Nah, can't agree with that. 

2 points clear in top 6 with 3 to play. 2 games against bottom and 3rd last placed team to come. 

JDH and McGrath back sooner than we thought- Quaner to possibly be back on Saturday. 

Keep the faith FFS.

Just now, Munoz said:

2 points clear in top 6 with 3 to play. 2 games against bottom and 3rd last placed team to come. 

JDH and McGrath back sooner than we thought- Quaner to possibly be back on Saturday. 

Keep the faith FFS.

Ross County will win on Saturday. We are bang average and have totally ran out of steam. We could play all day and night and not score.  

To be honest, and no disrespect meant, only getting a point at St Mirren is shocking.  The context of the last two games demonstrates the level we have fallen to.
Things need to improve and a bit of ambition needs to be shown on the pitch.
Playing against Hibs may be less of a battle but performances need to be raised all around the team.
So what happened in the last five games between us.

Saints poor.

Part of that down to fatigue I’m sure, but got to give Well a lot of credit.

Neither team did a lot going forward during large parts of the game, but Well closed us down brilliantly all over the pitch.

If we’re to make top 6, it’ll need a win at whatever Accies’ stadium is called these days.

Just now, Munoz said:

Keep the faith FFS.

We're 3 points ahead of St Johnstone, who play Hamilton (a), Hibs (h) and Ross County (h). 

If we can get 4 points then St Johnstone would need to take 9, or maybe 7 and it would go to goal difference. 

Dundee Utd play, Kilmarnock (a), Celtic and Aberdeen (h). 

I think 4 points will be enough and I think that's achievable. Do you know what, even if St Johnstone or Dundee Utd pip us to the last place we've had a very good season and improved massively from last year.