Super Saints v Motherwell crocked 11 rd 2

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Would have bit yer hand off for a point pre match but think we probably just about shaded it if there was to be a winner.

If we keep up that kind of football we'll be fine.

Yeah, you edged it, but it was rancid all round really.

We finally showed a bit of real intent in the final 10 or so, but can't complain about the result at all.

1 minute ago, Biscuits said:
7 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:
Not sure if it’s been said before, but Lee Erwin is absolutely pish.
He can barely move.

It has. Many times

I stand by the 'why did we flog Morias when Erwin is worse line' 

Terrible performance from us, but probably should have scored at the Obika chance but we look like a side that's played too many games. 

Motherwell didn't look like the shambles we've seen in recent games. They pressed really hard, defended in numbers and denied us any space. They went forward well although lack a real cutting edge.

Just now, Torfason said:
9 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:
Not sure if it’s been said before, but Lee Erwin is absolutely pish.
He can barely move.

Lee and Kyle did nothing to suggest they should be starting games..........or even coming on as subs.

Kyle literally did pretty much our only good thing in the game, tbf.

All things considered that's a decent point. We were rank rotten, the conditions weren't great and we're a point closer to the top 6.

MacPherson often seems to be the player to make way but he's about the only player who'll take a chance and hit a shot from distance. 89 mins and we're passing the ball across the 18 yard line. Just shoot. 

I’m raging we’ve not won that to be honest. A much improved performance at least.

Who’d have thought Roberts might actually be decent? I’d pretty much written him off. Who’d have thought No nonsense Ricky and Magoalie would keep a clean sheet as our centre back pairing?

St Mirren seemed to struggle with our more direct tactics. Maybe they weren’t expecting it.

Jesus - that was awful. Don’t want to make excuses for us but can’t ignore the run of games we have had, some of the players dead on their feet for the last 20.

The youngsters on the bench must be no where near ready / good enough if not been given any minutes over last few weeks

FT 0-0
Frustrating but not a disaster, probably a fair result and certainly better than 0-3. Well probably had the more territory but didn’t really create anything and they were time wasting at the end. Best chance of the match was probably Obika’s half volley that was well saved by Kelly.
We just look knackered, we look like a team that is playing it’s 10th game in 31 days, and we are.
That lack of sharpness and pace has certainly made us less of an attacking threat. We are still a well drilled unit that’s hard to beat though, just two goals conceded in the last four and both were freak deflections.
Still think 40 points the target for top six, now four to go. A win and a draw against Accies and County should do it.
Best player for us probably Fraser again, another clean sheet for the defence and he’s the stand out for me.
Six games unbeaten against Well now, quite the turnaround.

Just now, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Motherwell were definitely the better team..

You were as well truncating that, as imo they were the better team overall. Understandable in many ways as they are desperate to get away from the relegation dog fight, but with their injury list and the fact they had their arses handed to them by shit like Hamilton and the farmers, it's definitely a missed opportunity, although I'm not _that_ disappointed with coming away from that with a draw.

I think we probably just shaded that over the piece but I would 100% have taken a point (and clean sheet) before kick off given the nonsense we’ve served up in the last 2 games, so no huge complaints we couldn’t sneak a winner. Stopping the rot and getting some players back was the main aim for tonight.

We were noticeably more direct and risk averse than we’ve been so far under Alexander which is no bad thing given the makeshift CB pairing we’re working with. No short goal kicks or passing it along the back line tonight.

Thought Robbie Crawford had his best game for us so far just sitting in front of the back 4 breaking things up and landing on second balls. Campbell being back in midfield helped no end with the pressing and I thought Roberts did enough to suggest he’ll be more useful than Seedorf etc between now and the end of the season.

St Mirren almost stole it at the end when Carroll made a great block, but overall they looked like a team that’s been playing 2 games a week for the last month - pretty leggy and struggled to create too much. I like McGrath, looks a great pick up from LOI.

I'm not sure St Mirren fans will realise how diabolical we've truly been in the past two games. It may have been a turgid watch for you guys but that performance was thoroughly pleasing to my eyes. Gutted we didn;t take all three points but delighted we didn't get beat and put in a great shift, especially in the 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I actually thought Motherwell were pretty shite to be honest, and definitely settled for a point against a team that couldn't get above walking pace.

We are basically those guys at the end of Gladiators when they're trying to run up the travelator but their legs have gone.