Rangers winning the league is...

4 hours ago, DUFC - South of the Border said:

Equivalent to the SAS winning a bar fight whilst carrying high impact assault weapons. Why do they get so wet between the legs when they win a game against us, or anybody that isn't Celtic?  

The embarrassing thing is, if they played down South, they would be mid table in the National League. Calm down you Buckie addled Sharon's. You are three times the size of the rest of us. 

So the question is, why do Rangers fans get excited when we beat a team other than Celtic? Well, there are a couple of reasons for it:

1) In case you never realised, a league campaign lasts 38 games. Of those 38 games, we can only play Celtic 4 times maximum. Therefore the results in the remaining 34 games are worth more than the results against Celtic.

2) The potential for absolutely roasting threads like this to appear is highly amusing.

5 hours ago, imposs1904 said:

Wow, there's a lot more Rangers fans on the Pie and Bovril forum than there was the last time I looked.

Got to give credit to Bennett, Kincardine and MJC who stuck around P & B through thick and thin.

But the others? 

Yeah, this.

Plenty who "just discovered the site" last year when they started to look like they might challenge.

By far the worst are the ones who been on this site for years and never posted in this section once, yet now post in every Rangers thread declaring victory. They know who they are.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, this.

Plenty who "just discovered the site" last year when they started to look like they might challenge.

By far the worst are the ones who been on this site for years and never posted in this section once, yet now post in every Rangers thread declaring victory. They know who they are.

B6BE9552-7599-44AC-957C-038271BFB838.gif

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Rangers winning the league is...

... A first. 

Well done guys! 

Its to be commended, a club winning its first major trophy within 10 or so years of being formed.

Of course the most amusing part of this is that there will be no interviews with the winners on the BBC tv or radio.

Equivalent to the SAS winning a bar fight whilst carrying high impact assault weapons. Why do they get so wet between the legs when they win a game against us, or anybody that isn't Celtic?  
The embarrassing thing is, if they played down South, they would be mid table in the National League. Calm down you Buckie addled Sharon's. You are three times the size of the rest of us. 
Good to see the drug industry in Dundee is thriving despite the pandemic.

What's the implication and dislike for people that recently discovered the site, is it the thought they just couldn't handle such incisive witty criticisms the rest of us had to endure that they were too timid to join the fray or are they getting criticism for actually discovering the website..? 

Just now, Stormzy said:

What's the implication and dislike for people that recently discovered the site, is it the thought they just couldn't handle such incisive witty criticisms the rest of us had to endure that they were too timid to join the fray or are they getting criticism for actually discovering the website..? 

I was here back in the lower division days  and a regular in the bralt at the times of AGM’s in tents and Kenny’s clipboards were in full swing . Didn’t really comment for a few years on the back of life in general . But thought I would make a return with our coronation on the horizon. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I will be extremely distraught that Richard Gordon, Packie Bonner and Chick Young won't be giving us coverage of the title party.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not sure that's quite the flex that you think it is.

The irony is that match of the day and BBC from England will be all over it due to Gerrard .

9 hours ago, Ric said:

I get that between the OF there are some bragging rights, but the simple fact is that both of them can massively outspend the rest to the point of it being an irrelevance (to me at least) who wins the league. Whether it's Rangers or Celtic who win it is a important to me as who wins some pre-season glamour tournament. It clearly makes money but us provincial clubs don't see any of it.

I think as part of a wider push from UEFA, and potentially as a method of curtailing some of the power the ‘big’ clubs have and are trying to leverage, it would do well for the prize money for Europe to be paid out on a 1:1:1 basis, with 1/3 going to the club themselves, 1/3 split between the rest of their league, and 1/3 split with the wider pyramid below. Avoid situations like FC Copenhagen/Cypriot league etc. 

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The irony is that match of the day and BBC from England will be all over it due to Gerrard .

Dont you think that Sportscene and the BBC in Scotland will be all over it?

What they wont have is interviews - because they wont be dictated to on which reporters can cover your matches.

Is that a reasonable assessment?

9 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I think as part of a wider push from UEFA, and potentially as a method of curtailing some of the power the ‘big’ clubs have and are trying to leverage, it would do well for the prize money for Europe to be paid out on a 1:1:1 basis, with 1/3 going to the club themselves, 1/3 split between the rest of their league, and 1/3 split with the wider pyramid below. Avoid situations like FC Copenhagen/Cypriot league etc. 

There's no doubt that something needs to be done to address inequality within the game. Centralising contracts (including merchandising) and revenue-sharing from European prize money are absolute no-brainers for anyone interested in the long-term health of the SPFL.

We need people running things who put the league first and their clubs second, OR they invest in a good CEO and give a significant amount of power to them.

Edited by G51

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

There's no doubt that something needs to be done to address inequality within the game. Centralising contracts (including merchandising) and revenue-sharing from European prize money are absolute no-brainers for anyone interested in the long-term health of the SPFL.

We need people running things who put the league first and their clubs second, OR they invest in a good CEO and give a significant amount of power to them.

This would be more likely to send things in the opposite direction. In the current set-up, Rangers and Celtic have 2 votes out of 42, but in a CEO with absolute power situation they'd probably have roughly 2 votes out of 2. Colt teams and larger chunks of TV money going to the teams who are televised would be the first two things through the door.