Rangers winning the league is...

15 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

the Rangers winning the league is a fairy tale story. Picking up where Gretna fell, this gutsy little team swept through the leagues  with guts, determination, nine managers  and a devil may care attitude to finances and now just 9 short years after their immaculate conception they stand on the brink of their first Scottish Premiership Title.  It just makes you stand back, take a good look at Scottish Football and think "whats the f*****g point". 

E8B32615-E992-4404-85BF-3135ABA8B1D0.jpeg

Rangers have  won the league because they've been amazingly consistent and they have a top class goalkeeper who has saved them between 10 and 15 points.

Celtic, the only club  who can challenge them, have played like complete spanners all season and had a series of total clownshoes in goals who as our Glaswegian friends would say "couldnae keep weans oot a close".  You can see this recently as at their worst Rangers bullshitted their way to a point at Hamilton thanks again to McGregor whilst Celtic crashed miserably in Dingwall.  I actually think Hugh Keevins was right, Celtic were eaten alive by the whole 10 in a Row thing.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

SPFL Articles of Association

The 11-1 voting system is only for Qualified Resolutions, which govern a small set of very specific issues. Most decisions are made by an Ordinary Resolution, which does only require a 9-3 vote.

The things covered by Qualified Resolutions are:

• Expelling a club from the league
  • Winding up the SPFL
  • Altering the share capital in the SPFL and issuing or alloting shares
  • Changing the size of the SPFL (either expansion or reduction from 42 teams)
  • Changing various rules relating to club ownership
  • Changing the season start date to before 31st July
  • Imposing U21/homegrown player rules
  • A bunch of stuff relating to the teamsheet on matchdays (a very weird one to be included)
  • Everything covering commercial income, broadcasting and contracts

My memory is that the 11-1 came around as part of the compromise when the 10 non-Old Firm clubs announced their notice to resign from the SPL in 2002. My recollection is that the Old Firm made various concessions on the revenue share and other commercial stuff, but with the trade-off that a rule was put in place to protect that new position from future changes.

There was the opportunity to change it in 2012, but Aberdeen voted it down. The clubs did however alter the financial distribution in Rangers' absence under the existing rules. It could have been revisited at any time before Rangers were promoted in 2016, but the clubs obviously opted not to. I think there is some justification for having this "supermajority" given that it prevents a number of changes that would be (in my view) detrimental to the game. The 12-12/8-8-8 proposal in 2013 would have gone through with a 9-3 vote, and it's possible the ill-judged league expansion plan last summer would have done too.

So what you're saying is Stewart Milne saved Scottish football. The man's a visionary. 

3 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

I was here back in the lower division days  and a regular in the bralt at the times of AGM’s in tents and Kenny’s clipboards were in full swing . Didn’t really comment for a few years on the back of life in general . But thought I would make a return with our coronation on the horizon. 

images.jpg

17 minutes ago, DUFC - South of the Border said:

You been sniffing crushed Polo's again? 

Nope. 

On 20/02/2021 at 16:22, johnnydun said:

Paid money to watch Dundee.

Obsession.

Minter.

On 20/02/2021 at 16:24, DUFC - South of the Border said:

No, I paid to watch Queen of the South. 

Minter.

22 hours ago, G51 said:

Celtic would have to drop more points (or Rangers would have to lose both of the preceding games) in order for us not to have a title-clinching scenario at Parkhead.

Lovely stuff.

Obviously nobody can do anything about Rangers winning the league, but given that the b*st*rds are really looking forward to winning it at Celtic Park, a win for us there this weekend would give me even extra pleasure, to stop that happening. 

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Obviously nobody can do anything about Rangers winning the league, but given that the b*st*rds are really looking forward to winning it at Celtic Park, a win for us there this weekend would give me even extra pleasure, to stop that happening. 

:lol:

I think most people would prefer to win it as early as possible, go there as champions and receive the guard of honour that Lennon promised he’d do back in 2019.

I had no idea you were so worried about where Rangers clinch it!

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I just want it won as soon as possible tbh.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

:lol:

I think most people would prefer to win it as early as possible, go there as champions and receive the guard of honour that Lennon promised he’d do back in 2019.

I had no idea you were so worried about where Rangers clinch it!

I don’t really care where you clinch it per se, but to take as much pleasure away from you lot as possible, it would be nice to stop you doing it at Celtic Park. Never mind your guard of honour, it must be the dream of 99% of your support to actually physically kill the ten in a row at Celtic Park.

I think the biggest concern shouldnt be for Celtic or their fans, but how the police in all of those Rangers strongolds (Stirling, Ayrshire, Fife, Highlands) will cope with the buckfast and party song get togethers that will take place the day they win it.

43 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think the biggest concern shouldnt be for Celtic or their fans, but how the police in all of those Rangers strongolds (Stirling, Ayrshire, Fife, Highlands) will cope with the buckfast and party song get togethers that will take place the day they win it.

Wait till you see the one taking place in Leith 

45 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Been up all night worrying that BBC Scotland might not be covering our title triumph 

Christ are you lot and the BBC Scotland Sports department still behaving like a couple of tear stained Veruca Salts  going full "Im not talking to her until she talks to me".

I had no idea that Jim Traynors last Blue Room tantrum fart was still a thing .