Queens v Dunfermline

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't have a point,  I was just sticking my tuppence worth in cos I was bored. 

Elections coming up soon. Maybe do some online canvassing for The Tories to combat boredom.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The discussion about driving into the box came about when parsforlife said the initial foul wasn't preventing a promising attack anyway. It absolutely was. If he wasn't held back he could have got a run into a dangerous position. That he fell down is neither here nor there. A referee would have to deem whether a dangerous attack was being prevented or not, he can't very well then think "aye but the attacker might dive anyway".

When he was held back he wasn’t in a promising position.     Just as you say the ref can’t judge if the attacker would dive or otherwise make an arse of things,  you can’t also say that an attacker might get into a promising position sometime after the foul is made, otherwise every single free kick would be a booking.

Guest Flash
14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Seriously, this must be the most intensely debated irrelevant decision in football history.

Imagine if this had happened at some point other than during the game's dying moments.

I think it is only being debated because the guy got sent off and misses the next game. That is the relevance rather than its impact on the game itself. Had it been his first booking, probably nobody would have mentioned it.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think it is only being debated because the guy got sent off and misses the next game. That is the relevance rather than its impact on the game itself. Had it been his first booking, probably nobody would have mentioned it.

Yes, I get that, but Bloody Hell, the subject is getting quite an airing.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I get that, but Bloody Hell, the subject is getting quite an airing.

We’ve been in lockdown for approximately a billion years.  I’ll take anything,  and I’m not sure this is anywhere close to how low I’ll sink.

That is the first time I saw the penalty incident - that must be about the most blatant penalty you could ever see. Some people in the early after match comments suggested it wasn’t a penalty - am I missing something?

4 hours ago, parslad said:

Elections coming up soon. Maybe do some online canvassing for The Tories to combat boredom.

Canvassing?  A waste of time doing that.   Just sit back and see the votes roll in. 

Unfortunately

3 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

That is the first time I saw the penalty incident - that must be about the most blatant penalty you could ever see. Some people in the early after match comments suggested it wasn’t a penalty - am I missing something?

Most people didn’t see it as we only had audio on the stream for the first 20 odd minutes - we went on the word of the commentary team who called it harsh.

6 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Most people didn’t see it as we only had audio on the stream for the first 20 odd minutes - we went on the word of the commentary team who called it harsh.

SD said this and I'm pretty sure he was there:

"It was all Dunfermline for the first half hour and, whilst the penalty award itself was laughable, a lead at the time would have been fully merited."

Like rjc, I think it was among the most blatantly obvious penalty awards I've ever seen.  

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"It was all Dunfermline for the first half hour and, whilst the penalty award itself was laughable, a lead at the time would have been fully merited."

Like rjc, I think it was among the most blatantly obvious penalty awards I've ever seen.  

It was indeed a stonewaller.

I am waiting with eager anticipation to understand why it wasn’t a penalty.

Guest Flash

I have watched the penalty incident several times, frame by frame and, on balance, I think he was probably entitled to go down when he felt the contact.

I have watched the penalty incident several times, frame by frame and, on balance, I think he was probably entitled to go down when he felt the contact.

I don’t genuinely think it was a case of being “entitled to go down”- he didn’t have any option - Maxwell completely wiped him out and didn’t come close to playing the ball. It is hard to imagine a clearer penalty.

27 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I don’t genuinely think it was a case of being “entitled to go down”- he didn’t have any option - Maxwell completely wiped him out and didn’t come close to playing the ball. It is hard to imagine a clearer penalty.

Think the jokes went slightly over your head matey! 

Mayo's red card - I like wee Dapo but hate watching players hitting the deck for no reason. That said, the linesman was only 3 or 4 yards away and flagged for a foul almost immediately, so you would have to think he must have seen something. Can't see it on the video though.