Queens v Dunfermline

1 minute ago, All-Star-Par said:

This is the most credible comment I’ve read regarding Crawford. He was brought in to improve us and honestly I don’t think he has. Recently we’ve been as bad as the shocking run that got AJ chucked. He needs to go before his legacy with the club as a player gets forgotten about and the fans begin to turn in a more vocal way.

Interesting point about the fans. Dundee fans last week were saying McPake's being given time because there's no-one in the stadium to boo and shout at him. Our supporters can be as critical as any at times and I wonder if we'd have turned our form around had they been in the ground getting on the players' backs.

3 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

This is the most credible comment I’ve read regarding Crawford. He was brought in to improve us and honestly I don’t think he has. Recently we’ve been as bad as the shocking run that got AJ chucked. He needs to go before his legacy with the club as a player gets forgotten about and the fans begin to turn in a more vocal way.

Sadly have to agree now. He's an absolute legend but these continued runs where we are utterly brutal are becoming less forgiving. The lack of chances we had today was fucking shite with the players we had on the park. 

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

If anyone suggested a 36 year old Willie Gibson would re-sign for his boyhood club and reinvent himself as the best right back in world football, they'd have been sectioned under the mental health act. 

But here we are...

He was good today and looked good in our game at East End and your recent game against Hearts on BBC.

We never took advantage of the good spell we had in the first half and were punished. It would be ideal having a goalkeeper that didn’t have hands made from popadoms right enough.

Crawford is a club legend, but his time is up for me. Any decent manager would be getting this team miles ahead of the rest in second, perhaps taking advantage of Hearts’ poor results.

He’s just not got it and we aren’t going up anyway now, so be as well getting prepared for next season with a new man. The investors won’t be happy anyway.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He was good today and looked good in our game at East End and your recent game against Hearts on BBC.

"Good". Pfftt. 🙄

To be fair, Dunfermline's best spell was while nobody could see it online unfortunately. It was all Dunfermline for the first half hour and, whilst the penalty award itself was laughable, a lead at the time would have been fully merited.  Not a great kick though (he's no Ayo) and Rohan saved us down to his left. Last 10 mins or so we started getting into the game after being very slow out of the blocks. To be fair to him OFW made a great save from Obileye's volley set up by Jones.

Second half we were much better and probably deserved the win. Good finish from WG but keeper should have saved it really. Again though we saw our set up works better when the other side come at us. Ayo moves deeper and mops up anything in front of the back four. We've plenty of height for set pieces now and the pace we break at is frightening, especially once Dapo came on. Joseph isn't slow but Dapo's on another level. He had the two centre halves on toast as soon as he got on. Got himself stupidly booked within a few seconds but then got Watson booked and Mayo sent off. He's a brilliant outlet, gives defenders no peace. And Jones is like lightning. Wasn't his most influential game today but he got Whittaker booked, set up the Ayo volley and that tackle near the end was of the goalsaving variety. I don't know if I've ever seen a winger so prepared to sacrifice himself running the wrong way to make defensive challenges.

We weren't even that great today and still won with another clean sheet. Irrisistable force and immovable object next week when we lock horns with Arbroath. I imagine Dick will get Manager of the Month for being unbeaten through the month. And he'll deserve it. What a run they are on too.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

"Good". Pfftt. [emoji849]

To be fair, Dunfermline's best spell was while nobody could see it online unfortunately. It was all Dunfemrline for the first half hour and, whilst the penalty award itself was laughable, a lead at the time would have been fully merited.  Not a great kick though (he's no Ayo) and Rohan saved us down to his left. Last 10 mins or so we started getting into the game after being very slow out of the blocks. To be fair to him OFW made a great save from Obileye's volley set up by Jones.
Second half we were much better and probably deserved the win. Good finish from WG but keeper should have saved it really. Again though we saw our set up works better when the other side come at us. Ayo moves deeper and mops up anything in front of the back four. We've plenty of height for set pieces now and the pace we break at is frightening, especially once Dapo came on. Joseph isn't slow but Dapo's on another level. He had the two centre halves on toast as soon as he got on. Got himself stupidly booked with a few seconds but then got Watson booked and Mayo sent off. He's a brilliant outlet, gives defenders no peace. And Jones is like lightning. Wasn't his most influential game today but he got Whittaker booked, set up the Ayo volley and that tackle near the end was of the goalsaving variety. I don't know if I've ever seen a winger so prepared to sacrifice himself running the wrong way to make defensive challenges.
We weren't even that great today and still won with another clean sheet. Irrisistable force and immovable object next week when we lock horns with Arbroath. I imagine Dick will get Manager of the Month for being unbeaten through the month. And he'll deserve it. What a run they are on too.

Hopefully receives the curse as well.

2 hours ago, Ayrpar said:

Thought the commentators  on the stream were really good.  One of them sounded strangely like Graham Spiers the journalist.

Never thought I would ever see the day that "really good" and "Graham Spiers" were used in the same context.

Edited by Slipmat

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Just got my refund for the stream. 

Yes, I think you're probably entitled to your refund and I'm not criticising you for doing so.

I won't ask for one though - being a Queens fan and knowing that every penny is a prisoner for the club.  I'm also willing to cut the streaming team some slack given that (I assume) they are just enthusiastic unpaid amateurs and its not like they turn up like the BBC/Sky/BT Sport with trucks full of high tech equipment, expert technicians and plenty of spare parts.

Also, unlike the Pars fans, all the Palmerston streams that I've watched have been really quite good and mostly without technical problems - so maybe was just one of those days.

Each to his own though.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yes, I think you're probably entitled to your refund and I'm not criticising you for doing so.

I won't ask for one though - being a Queens fan and knowing that every penny is a prisoner for the club.  I'm also willing to cut the streaming team some slack given that (I assume) they are just enthusiastic unpaid amateurs and its not like they turn up like the BBC/Sky/BT Sport with trucks full of high tech equipment, expert technicians and plenty of spare parts.

Also, unlike the Pars fans, all the Palmerston streams that I've watched have been really quite good and mostly without technical problems - so maybe was just one of those days.

Each to his own though.

I don’t think anyone  can blame (I know you’re not) anyone asking for their money back after the stream today. Particularly, Pars fans or Queens fans paying on a game by game basis. That should be a given anyway. 

In my experience the stream has been excellent all season. Sometimes these things happen, so I am not going to lose sleep about one poor game.

14 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Each to his own though.

Why would Pars fans have watched any other Palmerston stream than the one today?

Meh, all clubs have had technical issues this season at some point, including us. Although I can absolutely see why people would want a refund.

Regarding the game there's not much to say, I didn't see any of our best spell but the 70 minutes I did see we were absolutely horrendous and created next to nothing. What does McManus need to do to get dropped? Was only a couple of weeks ago I was defending Crawford but don't take much pleasure in saying he's just not up to it, our away form is brutal.

Queen's were solid defensively and created a couple of good chances and over the piece probably deserved the win. This league is absolutely mental, few weeks ago Queens looked certain for the drop now there's every chance they'll replace us in the play off spots, wild.

Big fan of the Wullie Gibson love in, what a guy.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would Pars fans have watched any other Palmerston stream than the one today?

Aye, OK, my lazy prose there.  Of course what I was meaning to say (but failed to make it clear) was that Queens fans would have known that generally our streams have been good - but Pars fans (who obviously don't watch the Queens streams generally) wouldn't have know that.  Apologies for my laziness.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, OK, my lazy prose there.  Of course what I was meaning to say (but failed to make it clear) was that Queens fans would have known that generally our streams have been good - but Pars fans (who obviously don't watch the Queens streams generally) wouldn't have know that.  Apologies for my laziness.

When it worked it was decent. I usually wouldn't request a refund for some technical issues, but there were just too many and, crucially, too often today.

Like you say, every team will have such a day with technical issues.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When it worked it was decent. I usually wouldn't request a refund for some technical issues, but there were just too many and, crucially, too often today.

Like you say, every team will have such a day with technical issues.

Indeed, it was poor today and as I said, I'm not being critical of you at all.