Inverness Caledonian Thistle/Heart of Midlothian love-in Friday Feb 26th

10 hours ago, sophia said:

This is precisely what you are after and as far as I'm concerned you can beat it.

There's enough in the public domain for any reasonable person to enquire no more and to wish for better times for John.

Incorrect mi amigo(a).  Wasn't looking for salacious guff.  Neither was i being disrespectful to anyone.  

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I cant be arsed looking it up, so how many Hearts league games have been on the BBC and how many points have they dropped in them?

I can only recall them winning at home against Dundee and away to Arbroath in Friday night games.

They've lost or drawn against us, Dundee, Alloa, Queen of the South and now Inverness (all away) in Friday night games.

Edited by DA Baracus

10 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Danny Devine was good tonight ffs, can't blame him at all! 

I really don't get the slack he gets from our support, Billy Dodds gave him MOTM tonight and tbh, he knows more than some of our fans! 

On 21/12/2020 at 01:47, Caley Shaun said:

He's a shit manager, end of story, he should get sacked before we fall any lower!!! 

As I've said before, he's the one that signed our worst player ever, Danny Devine!! 

I saw a post on Twitter which I totally agree with, it read "If that was Foran in the dugout, he'd get slated by media and fans" so why does the clown John Robertson get let off!? Alloa, Partick TWICE and Arbroath THREE times plus unacceptable results in league cup should have been enough for the sack. 

We need Paul Sheerin or Graham Alexander to turn our season around! 

:lol: 

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He’s utter shite. He cost us a goal on Tuesday. I’m fairly sure he also lost Boyce for the goal tonight. May have been Deas, however Devine was mentioned in the replay.

If you can’t see how bad he is then I’m afraid to inform you that you need an eye transplant.

Thought it was strange that Dodds blamed him for the Hearts goal yet later gave him MOTM.  He did have a good clearance later on in the game but I can still think of at least two defenders who were more deserving of the award.

Some people don't seem to realise that a bad defender doesn't necessarily have to be one who makes blatant blunders but someone who gets the basics wrong and is frequently caught out by naivety can worsen the defence without making out and out blunders.  We have the basis of a good defence - Deas, Duffy and Harper are young but definitely have potential.  What we really need is a solid experienced unit in the middle.  That isn't Daniel Devine and it certainly isn't Brad Mckay.  Toshney and McHattie are always injured.  A good centre-back in the right centre-back slot wouldn't just be an improvement in that slot but would also lift the other three up.

Edited by Highland Capital

32 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Thought it was strange that Dodds blamed him for the Hearts goal yet later gave him MOTM.  He did have a good clearance later on in the game but I can still think of at least two defenders who were more deserving of the award.

Some people don't seem to realise that a bad defender doesn't necessarily have to be one who makes blatant blunders but someone who gets the basics wrong and is frequently caught out by nativity can worsen the defence without making out and out blunders.  We have the basis of a good defence - Deas, Duffy and Harper are young but definitely have potential.  What we really need is a solid experienced unit in the middle.  That isn't Daniel Devine and it certainly isn't Brad Mckay.  Toshney and McHattie are always injured.  A good centre-back in the right centre-back slot wouldn't just be an improvement in that slot but would also lift the other three up.

I’m willing to give Deas the benefit of the doubt just now, because as you say he is young, but I’ve not been impressed with him this season. Making lots of silly mistakes and seems to be getting caught out of position a lot recently.

Some people don't seem to realise that a bad defender doesn't necessarily have to be one who makes blatant blunders but someone who gets the basics wrong and is frequently caught out by nativity can worsen the defence without making out and out blunders.

It's understandable though. I think most of us are surprised by Christmas songs in November.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I’m willing to give Deas the benefit of the doubt just now, because as you say he is young, but I’ve not been impressed with him this season. Making lots of silly mistakes and seems to be getting caught out of position a lot recently.

When he was at Alloa he (Deas) had a pretty solid and reliable CB partner alongside him in Andy Graham. Now he's got Brad Mckay and Danny Devine as a team mate at the back. Given his age he really needs a reliable CB partner and he hasn't got that right now and I think that is hampering him.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

When he was at Alloa he (Deas) had a pretty solid and reliable CB partner alongside him in Andy Graham. Now he's got Brad Mckay and Danny Devine as a team mate at the back. Given his age he really needs a reliable CB partner and he hasn't got that right now and I think that is hampering him.

Yeah, that is a fair point.

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Three of our four regular starting defenders are having their first season as a full time first team player and one of the others is either Brad Mckay or Daniel Devine.  It's no surprise that we're losing goals through silly mistakes.

Robbie Deas is in his third season as a first team full team player tbf. He may have been at part time clubs but he would still have been back at Celtic training for the rest of the week. Duffy as well player a fair bit for St Johnstone and knows what full time football is about.

Yes, they are young and will mistakes but they know what it is like to be a full time footballer.

12 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Robbie Deas is in his third season as a first team full team player tbf. He may have been at part time clubs but he would still have been back at Celtic training for the rest of the week. Duffy as well player a fair bit for St Johnstone and knows what full time football is about.

Duffy I'll grant you but he was very in and out the St Johnstone team.  Deas was a first team regular for Alloa but was he training with the first team at Celtic the rest of the time?  I imagine he was back training with the U20s.  It's certainly, for both of them, their first seasons at a full time team where they're expecting to be starting every week.

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Duffy I'll grant you but he was very in and out the St Johnstone team.  Deas was a first team regular for Alloa but was he training with the first team at Celtic the rest of the time?  I imagine he was back training with the U20s.  It's certainly, for both of them, their first seasons at a full time team where they're expecting to be starting every week.

Aye, you’re probably right about Deas being in the under 20s so it would be different being in a first team set up. 

I’m not sure what our coaching is like as every set piece going into our box looks like we are not to concede from.

Edited by PB1994

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Boyce to score against Caley was an absolute certainty surely. 

He’s utter shite but seems to turn into Ronaldo when he plays us. Very annoying. 

He’s also a combination of ginger and bald.

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m not sure what our coaching is like as every set piece going into our box looks like we are not to concede from.

I'd heard that Robertson didn't do a lot of the training and left it to the rest of the coaches but Kellacher has been off the scene for a while.  Wilson is only part time and I've heard some negative reviews about him.  Not sure what input (if any) Charlie Christie has.

Robbie Deas is a good example of a young centre-back who'd really thrive with a more experienced reliable type alongside him.  If he had someone like Gary Warren or even Jamie McCart partnering him, he'd be all the better for it.

Edited by Highland Capital