Your office/workplace split

17 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

All but one of the Manchester Utd and Spurs "fans" were Aberdonian and non of them had any geographical or apparent connection to these teams, they also happened to be, with one exception, the biggest p***ks in the company.

I'd say that there's a clear correlation between being a p***k and supporting some big English team that you have no real connection to.

There was one guy that I used to work with who, despite being Scottish, "supported" Liverpool and England. His excuse was that Scottish football is shite and the English game is much better.

When England beat Scotland in a friendly a few years ago he cut a picture of Wayne Rooney out of The Sun and pinned it up next to his desk as "banter". Nobody was wound up, everyone  just thought that he was a confused little twerp who follows Liverpool but reads The Sun and worships Man U players.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yeah, he's a legend in his own lunch hour (and his head). emoji1787.png

Same high school I went to. My Art & Design teacher and Modern Studies teacher were Pars fans, had some great banter with them. They'll be long gone from teaching now I'd suspect. Had a few Rovers supporting teachers as well, one of which let me off with a punishment exercise because I was wearing a Rovers jacket 😅

If I include the larger department and go back about 6 months ago before some left.

2 x dundee including me.

1 x Aberdeen

1 x arbroath

1 x wolves

1 x dundee utd

1 x pars

1 x motherwell / dundee - brought up in and followed motherwell but now keeps an eye on dundee after taking after his kids to see them during the bonetti years

At least 3 rugby types. I suspect 1 closet celtic fan. 7 or 8 not interested or no idea.

My department-

Morton - 1 :) 

Liverpool - 1 (he is from the North of England)

Celtic - 1 (goes to the games) 

Elsewhere - 

Kilmarnock - 1 

Sevco - 3 (one hates the use of the name Sevco)

Leicester - 1 (though I think he’s a closet Sevco)

Celtic - 1 (leaving soon)

Recently retired were an Ayr fan, an Aberdeen fan who watched Ayr and an Auchinleck Talbot fan.

Rest don’t follow the game apart from a few wives of Celtic/Sevco fans.

Among the  pupils in my form class,  I have a Killie fan, a Hibs fan and a Ross County fan.

My work has been all over the place the past few years never mind COVID playing a part, but when I was settled in my old office it was...

3x Rangers
3x Motherwell
2x Celtic
1x Dundee United
1x Pars

Right good mix in our office as we have alot of English and foreign colleagues, would be difficult to pin down exact numbers for each. 
Being in East Kilbride there are a number of "Motherwell" fans who spend more time talking about the old firm however. 

Off the top of my head we have: Ayr, Raith, Motherwell, Hamilton, Airdrie, Rangers, Celtic, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Partick, Morton, Hearts, Brentford, Southampton, Man United, Arsenal. There are quite a few others but can't remember them all. 

Oddly alot of people in the office just don't like East Kilbride, nobody has ever told me exactly why. 

The females in my team aren't really football minded and a couple of the guys are more into rugby or *sharp intake of breath* cricket.  Of the rest of us we have

3 x QOS

2 x Celtic

3 x Rangers

1 x Oldham

1 x Man U

A couple of the OF fans claim to support QOS as their wee team but struggle to name any player other than Dobbie.

Edited by Slipmat