Your office/workplace split

No idea about my work, too many folk who don’t take an interest or pipe up.

My group chat for the Scotland games is;

6 x Morton

2 x Rangers

1 x Motherwell

1 x Aberdeen/Arbroath

1 x Arbroath/Barcelona/Celtic.

I won’t get started on the final two on that list.

Few Rangers (none of which go to the games although 1 claims to have had a season ticket years ago), 1 die hard Aberdeen, few pars fans although I'm the only one who was a regular at games pre covid, 1 raith fan, 1 guy who doesnt have a team but plays East of Scotland level. The rest are non football following weirdos.

In my office you've got 

1 x Brentford 

1 x Preston 

1 x Newcastle 

1 x Liverpool 

Plus three who don't like football and IMO, can't be trusted. 

In the whole workshop you've then got a ton of more people who just aren't interested in football, plus a WBA fan, a couple of Man United fans, another Geordie and bizarrely, a Ross County fan. 

i work in a school, but only know of 5 teachers who support a team

1x dunfermline, 1x raith, 1x hibs, 1xhearts and 1 aberdeen (i think)

as for the janitors,cleaners and evening leisure staff.

3x dunfermline, 2x rangers, 1x hearts, 1x arsenal, 1x man utd and 1 liverpool (he does come from there tbf) the rest i dont think care.

there used to be a dundee, dundee utd, and another 2 rangers but they left a while ago now

On 21/02/2021 at 13:51, Monkey Tennis said:

This trend of Scottish people "supporting" EPL sides is appalling.

Is it a younger person's thing these days though?  I don't know, but my youngest son is a Jambo (goes to games whenever he can) and also is a fan of Chelsea.  Might be my fault for taking him on a stadium tour at Stamford Bridge a few years back when he was wee and impressionable.  I tried taking him to watch Queens but eventually he said "Dad this is shite" to which I retorted "I know its shite but that's not the point, its our shite and winning isn't everything" but he wasn't convinced.  I've tried explaining that the EPL is an overblown house of cards waiting to tumble down and to a degree he gets that but he has loads of mates who also "have an EPL team" so maybe its a peer group thing.  Only so much you can do.

I tend to work in project teams and they change over time, but currently have one Hoopy, one Motherwell (but goes to Cappielow often because he lives on the Clyde Riviera these days and just loves watching the fitba), one Thistle and a couple of Bairns and they're all decent knowledgeable lads who are happy to chew the fat at the start of each week and have a sense of humour which I always think is essential.  Working in the Glasgow area though the wider company has plenty OF types who take it far too seriously and don't really show any interest in the "pond life" outside of their own strange wee world.

I'm now self employed but at my last workplace the split was about 12 x Aberdeen, 2 x Man Utd 1st and Aberdeen a very distant 2nd, 1 x Man Utd only, 2 x Spurs, 2 x Rangers, 1 x Arbroath (me), 1 x Dunfermline, 1 x Bristol City (home town but not really a big fan). Probably about another 12 or so with only a passing or zero interest in fitba.

All but one of the Manchester Utd and Spurs "fans" were Aberdonian and non of them had any geographical or apparent connection to these teams, they also happened to be, with one exception, the biggest p***ks in the company.

Edited by Tattie36

On 21/02/2021 at 14:15, Salvo Montalbano said:

In my department, I'm the only football fan although one of the other three Physics teachers is one of those Rangers fans who doesn't watch football or goes to games or anything but supports them because her Dad did.

If I widen it to the Science faculty, there are also three Celtic fans, one Falkirk fan (although again she doesn't really go to games) and one who is more into rugby but has a soft spot for Dundee Utd. If I include the Technicians there is a die hard Raith fan and a Jambo.

Then the guys in other departments who I'm good friends with include another Falkirk fan, a couple of Dundee Utd fans, two Hibs fans, another couple of Raith fans, three more Celtic fans (including one who actually goes to games!), a Rangers fan, an Aberdeen fan and two more Pars fans. And one who follows Lithgae Rose and Leeds bizarrely.

Initials ED by any chance? 

2 Rangers "supporters" neither go to any games.

1x Arbroath 1x Hibs  1x Dundee   2 x Dundee United (both Dundonians) whom all go to the games and one who just hates all Scottish football and supports some foreign team.

Plenty football banter in the workplace.