Stereotypes

Guest TheJTS98
4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Burberry after 1994 ?

You sure boys? Surely the Hibees had moved onto Aquascrotum and stone island(fake in their case) after that?

Not at all. The peak of this would be mid-2000s. Entire East Stand dressed up in tribute to well-to-do pensioners.

On 21/02/2021 at 00:50, TheJTS98 said:

Hearts fans are all middle-class and prefer the Six Nations.

On 21/02/2021 at 15:47, tree house tam said:

This is not a stereotype I'm familiar with.

Hearts fans being raging bigoted unionist racists is far closer to the mark, mainly  because it's very close to being the truth.

That's what he said.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Burberry after 1994 ?

You sure boys? Surely the Hibees had moved onto Aquascrotum and stone island(fake in their case) after that?

Burberry is back my man. Back with a vengance. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Anyone coming out with that isn't old enough to have ever heard the chant "Come and have a go with the Gorgie Agg-a-ro". All from Wester Hailes or some wee mining village in West Lothian with a skinhead haircut, Doc Martens laced up to the knees and a Red Hand of Ulster draped around their shoulders would have been the stereotype 40 years ago.
Wrong forum for this though?

I think you may have picked up a more universal change in the stereotype of football fans in general over four decades

I don't think I've ever met a Partick fan called Tarquin who is studying modern dance at the RSAMD.
I have met Partick fans who are bams though! 

It’s called the RCS mate, keep up.

Thistle fans spend half their time reminding people that they’re not bigoted, they spend the other half being bigoted. More people say they’re Thistle fans in job interviews than there are season ticket holders for Firhill.

On 21/02/2021 at 00:25, Loonytoons said:

Every team in the lower leagues have at least one plumber and one sparky on the team sheet.

The two professions that I always seem to refer to when colloquially describing a team from the lower divisions?

Accountants and Pipefitters.  Don't know why.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Bald as well.

And none of them hold positions of authority in a work environment.  The management, in any line of work,  always support a non-OF team.  The cream rises as they say.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

St. Johnstone fans are clad head to Hunter wellies in Barbour. 

Don't own wellies, I much prefer snow boots, but aye, I do own a couple of barbour jackets*. Very comfortable they are too.

* they're decent ones, none of this quilted international, or wax ashby shite.

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When someone is signed by either Celtic or Rangers and they then move on without getting near the first team, they’re always referred to as ex-Rangers/Celtic ace. Gordon Ramsay, chef and ex-Rangers ace.

To be fair, that's really only GR who seriously refers to himself in such a manner. When anyone else uses it about him it's usually in a tongue in cheek 'aye, right' manner.