Stereotypes

10 hours ago, ropy said:

I actually have an issue here - I wear a Motherwell top at the fives, very often it’s a training top as we split teams into whites and dark, although claret or amber would count as dark.  I may also wear a top to games in August or May if it is t-shirt weather, at all other times a scarf suffices.

My dilemma is that my wife bought me a Motherwell beach towel for Christmas.  It has the appearance of a flag with the crest on it.  Is it acceptable to lay this out on a sun bed during my holidays? If ever allowed again my destination is likely to be e.g. Barbados, Tenerife or Greece.

Is this the equivalent to being a strip wearing w****r?

As you've already admitted to parading around in the buff, that should read "strip w****r".

58 minutes ago, GAD said:

Oh man, I worked in Delhi for years, and the food is by far the best thing about it. Paneer tikka, followed by lamb Rogan Josh or butter chicken with a great big bottle of kingfisher. I'd fly there and back for a weekend just to go for dinner one night.

Everything they serve has spice,  nothing is bland.  At a meeting they thought serving a lunch of cucumber sandwich like nibbles would be fitting for us britishers, they still blew my head off.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Everything they serve has spice,  nothing is bland.  At a meeting they thought serving a lunch of cucumber sandwich like nibbles would be fitting for us britishers, they still blew my head off.

I always tried to avoid having to eat anything that was European. I remember the one of the hotels I stayed in had an "English pub" that I used to go to some nights, and they badgered me to try the Oktoberfest menu. I got 2 different types of those shitey chicken sausages and a bit if toast which they said was a pretzel.

Not just saying this as a Rangers fan but it is definitely something much more rife with Celtic fans .
For about 4 years you hardly saw a Sevco top in glorious Perthshire, now they're all over the fucking place. And all these fans of both arse cheeks who feel the need to wear their teams' face masks. Get a fucking life.

7 hours ago, GAD said:

Oh man, I worked in Delhi for years, and the food is by far the best thing about it. Paneer tikka, followed by lamb Rogan Josh or butter chicken with a great big bottle of kingfisher. I'd fly there and back for a weekend just to go for dinner one night.

You'd have enjoyed the last 4 weeks of the Motherwell thread which have essentially been Paneer based discussion

13 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

You'd have enjoyed the last 4 weeks of the Motherwell thread which have essentially been Paneer based discussion

I've missed out. Paneer in the UK is always really shit though, and that's not some lonely planet "you've never had Guinness till you've had it in Dublin" bullshit, it's genuinely just not the same, with the wee burnt corners and the green sauce that you also never get here.

The Tartan Army are made up of non Old Firm fans who travel all over the world with Scotland, but don’t actually attend the match when they are there. Instead the prefer to don the kilt, sit in the pub singing doh-a-deer then fall into a fountain somewhere in the town square. The other section of the TA are folk who aren’t football fans outside of the National team, they usually prefer rugby and they tend to come from Edinburgh and the borders. They also have a tendency to be called Rory or Cameron.

3 hours ago, GAD said:

I've missed out. Paneer in the UK is always really shit though, and that's not some lonely planet "you've never had Guinness till you've had it in Dublin" bullshit, it's genuinely just not the same, with the wee burnt corners and the green sauce that you also never get here.

I had some Yassin inspired paneer from the local take-away, didn’t do it for me, slightly charred dairylea in a thick sauce.

Edited by ropy

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Aye I do enjoy it when I get it over here but can imagine it's lightyears behind what they have. Being a vegetarian that loves an Indian though it's just nice to occasionally break up the chickpea monotony.

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye I do enjoy it when I get it over here but can imagine it's lightyears behind what they have. Being a vegetarian that loves an Indian though it's just nice to occasionally break up the chickpea monotony.

I can get on board with a channa option