Stereotypes

23 hours ago, MJC said:

Another point on Hibs. Their support in general just remind me of Trainspotting, perhaps for obvious reasons, but their fans all seem to be weedy, neddy bampots, a bit like Begbie, or the aforementioned Derek Riordan and Leigh Griffiths. I mean those two have a lot in common; both Edinburgh boys, both Hibs fans, both played for Hibs and Celtic and both despite having a lot of ability as footballers have some questionable off field behaviours that fall way short of professional standards.

Oh aye, and both have a fondness for belting out a certain racist chant about Rudi Skacel in Edinburgh pubs whilst out their faces and being filmed on a mobile phone. :rolleyes:

A couple of Hibs finest sons right there, it’s a wonder they weren’t part of the disgraceful scenes of Hibernian driven thuggery on the Hampden pitch on that day in May 2016.

Hibs fans seem to take an exaggerated pride in disliking Rangers. which is like expecting to be congratulated for not beating your wife.

On 20/02/2021 at 18:53, YassinMoutaouakil said:

...yes there must be more to life, than stereotypes. But nevertheless, they're quite fun.

Celtic managers have wee specky ginger guy energy, regardless of actual height, visual impairments or hair colour. When things are going well they have decent patter and can be fairly affable, but when they're under pressure they turn into sarcastic, bitter arseholes with a chip on their shoulder about absolutely everything and everyone. (O'Neill, Strachan, Lennon, Rodgers.)

Hibs have a conveyor belt of gallus young homegrown strikers with blonde hair who are ridiculously talented but also some combination of either incredibly thick or completely mental that prevents them from fulfilling their full potential. (O'Connor, Riordan, Griffiths, Cummings)

St Johnstone have a team of 10 nondescript Scots and one exotic baller who is absolutely class, usually either from the Mediterranean, former Yugoslavia or the Middle East.

Spoony's from Perth is he not?

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hibs fans seem to take an exaggerated pride in disliking Rangers. which is like expecting to be congratulated for not beating your wife.

We need someone to have banter with on this board while you lot are on holiday at the seaside...........

On 21/02/2021 at 15:50, MJC said:

Another point on Hibs. Their support in general just remind me of Trainspotting, perhaps for obvious reasons, but their fans all seem to be weedy, neddy bampots, a bit like Begbie, or the aforementioned Derek Riordan and Leigh Griffiths. I mean those two have a lot in common; both Edinburgh boys, both Hibs fans, both played for Hibs and Celtic and both despite having a lot of ability as footballers have some questionable off field behaviours that fall way short of professional standards.

Oh aye, and both have a fondness for belting out a certain racist chant about Rudi Skacel in Edinburgh pubs whilst out their faces and being filmed on a mobile phone. :rolleyes:

A couple of Hibs finest sons right there, it’s a wonder they weren’t part of the disgraceful scenes of Hibernian driven thuggery on the Hampden pitch on that day in May 2016.

I bet even your mum thinks you are a complete w**k.

18 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

I've not been at Easter Road for years now, but I just remember every visit reminding me that Hibs' support was essentially a sea of Burberry baseball caps. Like a uniform.

Holy moley. Burberry baseball caps. I know you said you hadn't been there for years, but I didn't realise you meant 1997. 

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Holy moley. Burberry baseball caps. I know you said you hadn't been there for years, but I didn't realise you meant 1997. 

Which is why it is a stereotype.  That said, I stayed not a million miles from Easter Road a good few years after 1997 and Burberry still seemed to be the second strip of Hibs.

5 hours ago, A96 said:

Most Scottish referees are members of their local Orange Lodge , Masonic Lodge and Rangers Supporters Club.  And the others are priests or employed at the local Catholic school.

It's all in the handshakes.....*mumbles*.......Vatican...........*mumbles*.........NWO.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I don't think I've ever met a Partick fan called Tarquin who is studying modern dance at the RSAMD.

I have met Partick fans who are bams though! 

Whether it's a stereotype or not but my phone pings most often when Partick are beating Ross County, it really doesn't happen with any other team. Anyone else experience this?

40 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

The stereotype of a large % of Rangers fans being morbidly obese, sweaty, thick, intolerant right wing bigots is actually a fairly accurate one in my experiences of growing up in Fallin, near Stirling. 

Quite a statement considering the Celtic stereotype is they are the other cheek of the same arse.

Guest TheJTS98
4 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

No. Last time was 2013. Same fashion.

I imagine the Hibs mechandise guys have stalls along the street with scarves, flags, badges etc, with a special drawer of Burberry underneath.

Edited by TheJTS98

4 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

No. Last time was 2013. Same fashion.

I imagine the Hibs mechandise guys have stalls along the street with scarves, flags, badges etc, with a special drawer of Burberry underneath.

By 2013, we had long swapped our Burberry caps for jobbie-catchers. One cannot be worn with the other. This is common knowledge in Leith and it's environs, my tweed-bedecked friend.