Rate the Goalkeepers 20/21

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 21/02/2021 at 13:29, Leith Green said:

This seems to be a bit of a trope on this thread.

Which year and which goalies do people think are so much better?

Fulton for Hamilton yesterday pulled off a number of very good saves against us and seemed pretty assured in most instances but gets a really poor score in your table. 

Fulton also had a cracking game against Rangers a couple of weeks ago. He's been pretty impressive whenever I've seen Hamilton. 

On 21/02/2021 at 11:20, RandomGuy. said:

Heres your updated "SuperSpectacularRGRankOfGoalkeepersScottishPremiership20/21Bonanza", with extra harsh scoring for keepers who are poor.

bleh.png.5d7adcaa13e6fd70a10a0a8a657e6ee5.png

Definitely the worst collection of keepers for years.

Did you consider Chapman?

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stefan Klos is comfortably the best keeper to have played in Scotland in my lifetime.

McGregor is nowhere near as good. There could be an argument given that he's currently more important to the Rangers team than Klos ever was though.

You cant be that old if klos is the best you've seen, 

Jammy b*****d, im old enough to remember goram, leighton (in his aberdeen prime) and Woods lol

On 22/02/2021 at 00:57, lubo_blaha said:

Joe Lewis is having a shocker of a season.

Hide contents

IMG_3679.thumb.jpg.d2c94ee999238df92a4f7c75746a0b32.jpg

The number of clean sheets is a rather misleading way to portray how good a keeper is. Keepers cannot really be held liable for the number of clean sheets they have if they play in a team that concedes more shots at goal.

It's also misleading to hide the number of appearances each keeper on that list has had as well...

Edited by AJF

On 22/02/2021 at 22:07, 54_and_counting said:

You cant be that old if klos is the best you've seen, 

Jammy b*****d, im old enough to remember goram, leighton (in his aberdeen prime) and Woods lol

The first Rangers keeper I saw was Billy Ritchie followed by Norrie Martin then Peter McCloy and Gerry Neef.  Edited to mention Stewart Kennedy who'd had a brilliant season before THAT England game.

Chris Woods' signing was a revelation as he was head and shoulders above what I'd seen before but Goram eclipsed him and was easily the best goalie to play in Scotland in my considerable lifetime.

BTW when will you update your user name?

Edited by The_Kincardine

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The first Rangers keeper I saw was Billy Ritchie followed by Norrie Martin then Peter McCloy and Gerry Neef.

Chris Woods' signing was a revelation as he was head and shoulders above what I'd seen before but Goram eclipsed him and was easily the best goalie to play in Scotland in my considerable lifetime.

BTW when will you update your user name?

Ability wise, there was no difference between Leighton at his peak (1982-1988) and Goram at his peak. 

Mentally, Leighton was by far the stronger keeper. And person actually. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Ability wise, there was no difference between Leighton at his peak (1982-1988) and Goram at his peak. 

Mentally, Leighton was by far the stronger keeper. And person actually. 

Eh?  Mentally Oor Andy was so strong that there was two of him.

McGregor is a quality keeper, no doubt about it. I feel though that he's probably come up against vastly inferior opposition than Klos and Goram faced in their prime.

This season in particular is the worst top flight in terms of attacking quality that I can remember. Rangers to their credit have taken full advantage of that.

South African international keeper is free just now to Keets not sure how it goes signing commonwealth based players?

Jamaica have a int keeper free to Knight who was playing in America 

Marvin Phillip the Trinidad and Tabago keeper is also free he has 80 caps and still in his is 36 still expected to play

Just watched Amal Knight on YouTube looked good big commanding strong on crosses good kicker athletic and agile made some cracking saves brave to not scared to go in at peoples feet

If a Scottish Premier team doesn't take him a team like Ayr United he would be perfect for if they could afford his wages and possibly sell him on and make cash ar a later date if he is good 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297