Rate the Goalkeepers 20/21

Its a wet Saturday afternoon, you cant leave the house, accies are getting beaten. So lets rate the goalkeepers for this season. People will just be arses and arrange them by league position but IMO at least 3/4 goalkeepers of the other clubs could start for Celtic and do a better job than the current set up.

1. Allan McGregor obv.
2. Joe Lewis
3. Ofir Marciano. Toss up between him and Lewis this season both are interchangeable imo.
4. Beji Siegrest
5. Liam Kelly
6. Jack Alnwick
7. Bain/Barkas
8. Zander Clark
9. Stryjek/McCrorie. I hear this Styjek is decent, but why has he been dropped for McCrorie today?
10. Ross Laidlaw
11. Ryan Fulton. Again couldnt really decide between 10/11. Probably my own Fulton is shite bias places Laidlaw ahead of him.
12. Doyle/Rogers. Rogers has been very shite, but Doyle is a horrible goalie so I'm shocked he would manage to replace anyone.

Thoughts?

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1. McGregor

2. Lewis

3. Siegrist 

4. Stryjek

5. Marciano

6. Alnwick

7. Kelly

8. Bain

9. Clark

10. Rogers

11. Laidlaw

12. Fulton

Mind you used to have a meltdown because Bain was picked in the Scotland squad ahead of Clark?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Mind you used to have a meltdown because Bain was picked in the Scotland squad ahead of Clark?

Yeah about 5 years ago when Clark was in the form of his life.

12 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Rogers 10th?! You are mental mate.

Only keepers who will probably still be at there clubs next year are McGregor and Lewis 

Most are poor the Dundee Utd boys decent will probably move if he isn't a loan

Suprised Marciano hasn't moved to Sunderland or somewhere like that is decent and on a bosman 

All the rest could be replaced easily some good keepers like Tom King Michael McGovern avalible on bosmans 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

29 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

lol wut?

Most are on loans or deals up at end of the season most are average including the ones at Celtic 

Allthough can see them selling Barkas and loaning Bain and Hazard out to a SPFL club

And going for two new keepers worst thing they done was letting Marshall go to Derby and letting Gordon go

Ben Garrett and Craig McGilvary deals up to sure they would be good keepers for anybody with ambition a Hearts or Hibs could probably afford there wages

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

Gaps between each name indicates how close they are to the next keeper.

1. McGregor - several leagues above the rest of them, calm the f**k down though you psycho

2. Marciano - unquestionably the second best keeper in the league and it's farcical for anyone to pretend otherwise

3. Siegrist - that performance at Easter Road in December, fucking hell

4. Kelly - basing a lot of this on his time at Livingston
5. Lewis - the ratio of good saves to howlers is becoming alarming

6. Stryjek - great performance against Rangers in August stands out
7. Alnwick - rush of blood to the head against Hibs a few weeks ago knocks him down a spot

8. Barkas/Bain - utterly interchangeable

9. Laidlaw - was fairly solid at Hibs

10. Clark - not good, at all

11. Fulton - capable of very good saves but lets in too many soft goals

12. Doyle - a clown, not to be taken seriously

Edited by HibsFan

45 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Most are on loans or deals up at end of the season most are average including the ones at Celtic 

Allthough can see them selling Barkas and loaning Bain and Hazard out to a SPFL club

And going for two new keepers worst thing they done was letting Marshall go to Derby and letting Gordon go

Ben Garrett and Craig McGilvary deals up to sure they would be good keepers for anybody with ambition a Hearts or Hibs could probably afford there wages

Go back to the tartan army section bud.

14 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Go back to the tartan army section bud.

He was on the Killie thread telling them to spend money to purchase Owain Fon Williams the other day. As, 'if you're called up for a top 20 national team, you can't be bad'.

Some very good keepers in the league this year.

Siegrist has developed into a cracking keeper. McGregor has aged like a fine wine even if he is an absolute c**t. To this day, I think it was one of the worst decisions in top flight football to regularly go with McGregor ahead of Stefan Klos, but he's by far the best in the league now-a-days.

Ofir Marciano is woefully underrated. He's 2nd position. Amazing keeper that seems to have a prominent howler which stops people from appreciating how good he is. Farcical that Hibs dropped him at one point for Adam Bogdan.

Joe Lewis used to be clear 3rd for me. Had a shocker of a season, but quality is still there.

Liam Kelly can't get in the QPR team ahead of Seny Dieng who played on loan for us under Jim McIntyre. He can't be that good, surely?!

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

1. McGregor

2. Lewis

3. Siegrist 

4. Stryjek

5. Marciano

6. Alnwick

7. Kelly

8. Bain

9. Clark

10. Rogers

11. Laidlaw

12. Fulton

Honestly,  I think you could put 3-12 in any order whatsoever and nobody would take issue with it. The standard is honking. 

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was on the Killie thread telling them to spend money to purchase Owain Fon Williams the other day. As, 'if you're called up for a top 20 national team, you can't be bad'.

Some very good keepers in the league this year.

Siegrist has developed into a cracking keeper. McGregor has aged like a fine wine even if he is an absolute c**t. To this day, I think it was one of the worst decisions in top flight football to regularly go with McGregor ahead of Stefan Klos, but he's by far the best in the league now-a-days.

Ofir Marciano is woefully underrated. He's 2nd position. Amazing keeper that seems to have a prominent howler which stops people from appreciating how good he is. Farcical that Hibs dropped him at one point for Adam Bogdan.

Joe Lewis used to be clear 3rd for me. Had a shocker of a season, but quality is still there.

Liam Kelly can't get in the QPR team ahead of Seny Dieng who played on loan for us under Jim McIntyre. He can't be that good, surely?!

I never said anything about spending money just that they would need to if they wanted to

I actually said McGovern and King would be better and free and yes Wales are top 20 in the world and will state again that you need to be good to regularly get called in with them

I also said that Roger's was Scottish championship standard looks like the voters in here agree

6 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I never said anything about spending money just that they would need to if they wanted to

I actually said McGovern and King would be better and free and yes Wales are top 20 in the world and will state again that you need to be good to regularly get called in with them

I also said that Roger's was Scottish championship standard looks like the voters in here agree

Owain Fon Williams is nowhere near being good. I don't think you'll find fans of any of his previous or current Scottish clubs thinking he should be a regular in the top flight.

As I said to you then, Kyle Letheren was also regularly called up for a few year period. Doesn't mean he's good.

McGregor is obviously the best.

I am biased, but I would have Lewis as the best of the rest on the basis of his past work. There have been more high-profile mistakes in his game this season than previously, but he has been fine in the vast majority of matches and is still a very good goalkeeper for this level.

I have been pretty impressed by what I've seen from Siegriest, including in both games against us, but it's a small sample size. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Owain Fon Williams is nowhere near being good. I don't think you'll find fans of any of his previous or current Scottish clubs thinking he should be a regular in the top flight.

As I said to you then, Kyle Letheren was also regularly called up for a few year period. Doesn't mean he's good.

Ross County fans loved him