Heart of Midlothian v Greenock Morton

20 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Every week I see people commenting they're surprised at how well their team are playing compared to other weeks, are they really playing any better or are they just expecting better from the worst hearts team I've seen?

Cool; if that makes you feel better.

Shouldn't you be up there with Rangers/Celtic/Aber...

Oh wait.

Hearts ought to be a decent team given the ludicrous overkill of signings and retentions they've made on key players since relegation. They should be looking like a team capable of being in the top six of the Premiership and it's a damning indictment of Neilson that they are miles off that pace. 

A point is really important for us in terms of stopping the rot that has set in recently, and it's good to see Jacobs making impact. 

Quite happy with the point today, but for sloppy defending we could have taken all 3 points.

We had a game plan and it worked well, Jacobs was outstanding and my MotM. 

McGuffie took the goal well too. 

Just need to keep grinding out results just now and make sure we don't lose games and pick up the odd win now and again 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Every week I see people commenting they're surprised at how well their team are playing compared to other weeks, are they really playing any better or are they just expecting better from the worst hearts team I've seen?

This isn't even the worst Hearts team of the 2020s

Conceding was always to be expected, but losing such a cheap goal is a pisser.

Still, a point at Tynecastle is a great result and we can take some encouragement from that. Only 4 points between 4th and 9th; while we're still favourites for 9th, Jacobs back gives us cause for encouragement. It's no coincidence that over our now 8 game winless run, he hadn't started any of them prior to today.

With a midfield that actually has some presence we'll hopefully have a platform to get wins in the head to heads with the other 4-6 teams in this nonsense relegation battle.

First half was alright, should have scored a couple and moved the ball quite quickly, just the final touch let us down.

After halftime we were largely dreadful.  We genuinely look like conceding to any attack, no matter how benign and the subs were bizarre.  Kastaneer was far better than GMS who should really have been hooked at half time.

We could have won it with some decent late chances, but would have been harsh on Morton who defended pretty well and scored an excellent goal

I purchased the match programme and I have to say I was very disappointed.

I was expecting better .

Too many adverts ....six pages are taken up with the players sponsorships for the men, under 18’s and the women.

And criminally, no focus on the opposition.

And bizarrely there was nothing on the back page !! No ads or content whatsoever.

22 hours ago, virginton said:

Hearts ought to be a decent team given the ludicrous overkill of signings and retentions they've made on key players since relegation. They should be looking like a team capable of being in the top six of the Premiership and it's a damning indictment of Neilson that they are miles off that pace. 

A point is really important for us in terms of stopping the rot that has set in recently, and it's good to see Jacobs making impact. 

Wot they need is a good booooing! I can tell they are missing it & how many teams can say they were boo’d onto the championship!

who knew a bat in China could be responsible for hearts being shite!

little batstard 

21 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Both horrible defensively but this team at least look like scoring, and certainly would against Pereira.

Be fair - having Pereira in goals literally means pretty much every shot on target is a goal (there is no other keeper I can think of *ever* for whom that is more true). You don't need to look like scoring to score against that absolute imposter.

33 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Be fair - having Pereira in goals literally means pretty much every shot on target is a goal (there is no other keeper I can think of *ever* for whom that is more true). You don't need to look like scoring to score against that absolute imposter.

It's one of the main reasons this team is better obviously- although we are still conceding a ridiculous amount of goals from the first shot teams have on goal.  Not Gordon's fault in any way but teams don't have to work hard to score against us

14 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

It's one of the main reasons this team is better obviously- although we are still conceding a ridiculous amount of goals from the first shot teams have on goal.  Not Gordon's fault in any way but teams don't have to work hard to score against us

True. We're short of at least one (and I'm not convinced it's not actually two) centre halves, and we have very little cover for either full back.

Plus our midfield at times is a horrible combination of powderpuff and desperate hacking (Andy Halliday, that notorious midfield enforcer, only appears to have 'Loses the Ball due to Poor Control and Commits Bad Foul trying to Recover' and 'Gets Skipped Past without Effort' in his under-filled locker. Andy Irving only really does the most blatant fouls).