Stagmen vs Celtic

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

EuyJckGXIAARx_d.thumb.jpeg.f53bb43364bf8407b1ecc36fc55d3f99.jpeg

My delight for Jordan White, in the ,"shite player does something memorable in victory against OF side", type of way has faded somewhat.

Jordan is obviously predicting that County will win our remaining 9 league games and the first leg of the play off final.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

EuyJckGXIAARx_d.thumb.jpeg.f53bb43364bf8407b1ecc36fc55d3f99.jpeg

My delight for Jordan White, in the ,"shite player does something memorable in victory against OF side", type of way has faded somewhat.

Am I being whooshed. That has got to have been doctored ? 

9 hours ago, central staggie said:

I see the Rangers fans have hijacked the player ratings on the BBC Sport website again. Kelly man of the match, naw.

Hard working, committed performance. Fought for everything and Jordan White deserved his goal. Lakin was a standout in a good all round team performance. Massive 3 points, that save at the end from Laidlaw was class. Top drawer.

Aye, Charlie Lakin was my motm, calm when in possession, organised when not possession, biting in the tackle. What's not to like 🤩

I couldn't understand why Hughes had dropped him to the bench the last three games.

I was really surprised CC came on as a sub before Hylton too, strange decision.

21 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Aye, Charlie Lakin was my motm, calm when in possession, organised when not possession, biting in the tackle. What's not to like 🤩

I couldn't understand why Hughes had dropped him to the bench the last three games.

I was really surprised CC came on as a sub before Hylton too, strange decision.

Agreed. Lakin gives us something different in midfield and imo been one of our better players this season. Has to start again moving into the next few games.

A County side with Hylton in it is a stronger side. Was surprised he wasn't involved last night either, but again hopefully see a lot of him between now and the end of the season.

Every one of those players deserves credit for the work they put in last night, Celtic created nothing by themselves in the first half it was all individual howlers that a better team would've pounced on. Iacovitti seems okay but he's been caught out a lot since Hughes has come in with playing out from the back hopefully this improves with time.

Can we please keep Lakin? He adds so much more to our midfield than any of the other players in that position (Kelly, Paton etc) Midge showed serious quality on the ball but he started to tire towards the hour. 

Jordan White was an absolute b*****d last night and I loved it, a proper b*****d. Held the ball up, won free kicks chucked people about. I will happily eat my words if he continues to play like that. 

MON THE STAGS

Agreed, Gardyne put in a good shift until he unsurprisingly tired.

Tremarco looked very nervous at times, continually looking to pass it back to Laidlaw, on that really cut up pitch, very dangerous imo. Luckily having Lakin and Gardyne covering on the left side meant tremarco wasn't too exposed.

In the second half celtic seemed to switch their attacking intentions to County's right side but thankfully Naismith was his usual rock solid and very little got past him, even though Andreu offered very little assistance tackling back.

It was great to see Watson back on the field but the circumstances weren't great, I'd have liked to see Watson given a run beside Morris but with Morris injured maybe we'll see him alongside Iacovitti (who still looks ropey).

A great confidence booster for the team, hopefully this gives them the drive to work hard and push on. St Mirren, Killie, hibs & St J. until the split, there's definitely a few winnable games in there to climb the league table.

26 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Agreed, Gardyne put in a good shift until he unsurprisingly tired.

Tremarco looked very nervous at times, continually looking to pass it back to Laidlaw, on that really cut up pitch, very dangerous imo. Luckily having Lakin and Gardyne covering on the left side meant tremarco wasn't too exposed.

In the second half celtic seemed to switch their attacking intentions to County's right side but thankfully Naismith was his usual rock solid and very little got past him, even though Andreu offered very little assistance tackling back.

It was great to see Watson back on the field but the circumstances weren't great, I'd have liked to see Watson given a run beside Morris but with Morris injured maybe we'll see him alongside Iacovitti (who still looks ropey).

A great confidence booster for the team, hopefully this gives them the drive to work hard and push on. St Mirren, Killie, hibs & St J. until the split, there's definitely a few winnable games in there to climb the league table.

Hjelde will come in alongside Watson I think, Morris has been the only good centre back we've had this season. 

We need to pick up at least 4 points from our next 3 games otherwise this result will be a false dawn.

16 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Ross County 1-0 Celtic: Neil Lennon apologies after champions lose in Dingwall https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56149861

This is interview emoji38.png Lemon is a broken man, I genuinely feel sorry for him here. He looks like he’s about to burst into tears.

Why do you feel sorry for him?  He's not being held there against his will.  He can resign at any point he likes.

Guest Ieuan16

It's clear from the SPFL highlights that Gardyne was furious with Iacovitti for Christie's chance.

Instead of staying with Christie and making it harder for him to get a shot away, Iacovitti sprinted back to the goalline in an effort to be in place for any effort on goal.

In fact, from watching it back again, it appears that Iacovitti simply forgets where Christie is. He's a very lucky boy that Christie made a complete mess of it.

I liked Iacovitti at the start of the season, but he's been poor for a while now.

48 minutes ago, Ieuan16 said:

It's clear from the SPFL highlights that Gardyne was furious with Iacovitti for Christie's chance.

Instead of staying with Christie and making it harder for him to get a shot away, Iacovitti sprinted back to the goalline in an effort to be in place for any effort on goal.

In fact, from watching it back again, it appears that Iacovitti simply forgets where Christie is. He's a very lucky boy that Christie made a complete mess of it.

I liked Iacovitti at the start of the season, but he's been poor for a while now.

He's a really aggressive Centre back, which has it's pro's and cons. Reminds me a bit of Jay McEveley