Stagmen vs Celtic

6 minutes ago, Comrie said:

That is not a good thing to be reminded of.

Do you not see it? both Left sided centre halves that can fill in at LB both have a turn of pace but get caught out on the ball and positionally aren't the best, they're both decent in the air though.

10 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Do you not see it? both Left sided centre halves that can fill in at LB both have a turn of pace but get caught out on the ball and positionally aren't the best, they're both decent in the air though.

Kind of. Iacovitti isn't as mental as McEveley, who was partial to wild red card lunges.

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Well done to Ross county good 3 points, defended well and got a wee bit of luck with the chances Celtic missed.
For me the balance of this Celtic team isn't right we have too many young talented players and not enough seasoned pros. 

Lol.  Too much dross, I’d suggest.  There’s no such thing as having too many young, talented players.  The first adjective is redundant (completely redundant, if you will).  Celtic’s problem is the team is full of not very good players - Bain, Laxalt, Brown, whichever player Lennon signed to score four goals all season up front, Duffy...

2 hours ago, Ieuan16 said:

It's clear from the SPFL highlights that Gardyne was furious with Iacovitti for Christie's chance.

Instead of staying with Christie and making it harder for him to get a shot away, Iacovitti sprinted back to the goalline in an effort to be in place for any effort on goal.

In fact, from watching it back again, it appears that Iacovitti simply forgets where Christie is. He's a very lucky boy that Christie made a complete mess of it.

I liked Iacovitti at the start of the season, but he's been poor for a while now.

Gardyne generally reads the game very well. Celtic broke down our left in the first half, think it was Christie on the ball, where he got past Tremarco and looked like he was going to cross it into the box. Instead he went for the cut back to one of the celtic players at the edge of the box, and Midge read it, cutting it out and preventing what would have been a good chance.

That said, I thought for the chance Christie put over the bar, Gardyne gave up tracking back way too easily. I know he's 35 and an attacking player, but Gardyne worked hard down that left wing back area in the first half and done very well, but looked resigned to conceding a goal there.

I do agree though that Lacovitti has looked shakey, and if Morris is out for any extended period of time then that's a big blow.

I do agree though that Lacovitti has looked shakey, and if Morris is out for any extended period of time then that's a big blow.

I hate to be that guy, but I think it's time to point out his name is Iacovitti. That's an upper case i, not a lower case L. It's an easy mistake to make as I'm sure Ieuan can tell you.

I've been inspired after seeing the interview Birmingham City posted today where Charlie Lakin dropped the bombshell that we've all been pronouncing his name wrong.

9 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I hate to be that guy, but I think it's time to point out his name is Iacovitti. That's an upper case i, not a lower case L. It's an easy mistake to make as I'm sure Ieuan can tell you.

I've been inspired after seeing the interview Birmingham City posted today where Charlie Lakin dropped the bombshell that we've all been pronouncing his name wrong.

Well, don't I look quite the fool.

Duly noted.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Is it the French “Shar-lee”?

Edited by Savage Henry