Rank the Managers - Championship Edition

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

No, they weren't. You were bottom of the league after a 2-0 defeat to Morton in the game prior. And behind Alloa in 9th, 2 games prior to that after you were humped 6-1 by Hearts. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queen-of-the-south-fc/spielplan/verein/3001/saison_id/2020

Are you speaking on behalf of everyone? It was utterly dreadful, and to be so poor, to present a completely finished Osman Sow with a hat trick kinda emphasises the point IMO. He'd scored 1 goal in his 6 appearances of Charlie Adam trying desperately to put it on a plate for him.

That game led to a mini-renassiance in scoring from him.

Worth mentioning transfermarkt "game weeks" don't account for postponed games, which are added later.

So if you get a game abandoned on GW3, and win it on GW18, transfermakrt add 3 points to your total on GW3.

Don't know if that's what's happened here tbh.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning transfermarkt "game weeks" don't account for postponed games, which are added later.

So if you get a game abandoned on GW3, and win it on GW18, transfermakrt add 3 points to your total on GW3.

Don't know if that's what's happened here tbh.

Ah fair enough, thought I'd caught SD out there! Unusual for that to happen so that's probably the case!

ETA: Apologies on that aspect @Skyline Drifter

Edited by Ludo*1

35 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We were never, at any point, "looking Brechin-eque". 🙄

Notwithstanding a poor first 9 games and a bit of over-reacting, we weren't even in the bottom 2 at that point. Undeniably in trouble and facing a fight but "Brechin-esque"? Have a word with yourself.

We were bottom of the league on Boxing Day with 4 points after 9 games. Whilst that, in itself, was probably not quite Brechinesque, the results in December leading up to that were. Four defeats in a row scoring 2 goals and conceding 14. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Surprised at how highly Neilson is being rated. 

Think that's more to do with the amount of shite managers in this division than being complimentary towards him.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ah fair enough, thought I'd caught SD out there! Unusual for that to happen so that's probably the case!

ETA: Apologies on that aspect @Skyline Drifter

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

We were bottom of the league on Boxing Day with 4 points after 9 games. Whilst that, in itself, was probably not quite Brechinesque, the results in December leading up to that were. Four defeats in a row scoring 2 goals and conceding 14. 

We were bottom of the table after playing Dundee. I was aware of that. I knew we went to Raith bottom. I didn't think we went into the Dundee game bottom but I haven't checked it. I thought we were above Arbroath at least. I may be wrong about Alloa.

Brechin got 4 points all season. We had 4 in 9 and had at least looked competitive in games too, though I absolutely accept the four December games before Raith were dreadful.  Brechin looked out of their depth from the word go.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think that's more to do with the amount of shite managers in this division than being complimentary towards him.

Aye probably. A decent manager at East and/or Dens would have their team challenging for the title. Even now, despite winning just 2 in 10, if we'd converted a couple of draws to wins we'd be not far behind them.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye probably. A decent manager at East and/or Dens would have their team challenging for the title.

Well, I know we're stuck with McPake for the foreseeable future (probably unless he gets relegated from this league tbh) so nobody has to worry about us doing that.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well, I know we're stuck with McPake for the foreseeable future (probably unless he gets relegated from this league tbh) so nobody has to worry about us doing that.

Tough break!

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Always amazed when people rate John Robertson so highly. Any other club he'd be out on his arse by now. 

To be able to work under Scot Gardiner deserves some kudos tbf.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

You don't say. For Americans, the country that loves winners and hates failure, ours seem a lot more complacent with the latter than the average.

It's bizarre. They invest so much money into us every season only to see it circle the drain. If they hadn't backed us every season for the past 8 and a bit year, I'd be very worried about their continual involvement with us. Despite their reluctance to punt a manager (and tbf, I quite like that they're overly loyal in a certain sense) they've been the best owners we've ever had. The continual rookie mistakes of appointing absolute shite managers is ridiculous though.

McElhone is a fitness coach who was given the job till the end of the season because we didn't want to appoint a new manager. He didn't even want the job. 

He's bottom of the list by default in the same way as he's interim manager of Morton by default. 

47 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We were bottom of the table after playing Dundee. I was aware of that. I knew we went to Raith bottom. I didn't think we went into the Dundee game bottom but I haven't checked it. I thought we were above Arbroath at least. I may be wrong about Alloa.

Brechin got 4 points all season. We had 4 in 9 and had at least looked competitive in games too, though I absolutely accept the four December games before Raith were dreadful.  Brechin looked out of their depth from the word go.

We were bottom after the Morton game. 

27 minutes ago, Flash said:

We were bottom after the Morton game. 

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Doesn't change my general point though. We weren't "Brechin-esque" and had already, after in fact 5 games, amassed their season's points total. We were though at the back end of a brutal December run of performances granted.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Doesn't change my general point though. We weren't "Brechin-esque" and had already, after in fact 5 games, amassed their season's points total. We were though at the back end of a brutual December run of performances granted.

I agree that in terms of the season up to that point, Brechineque is an exaggeration. However, the 2 things that were Brechinesque were the form in December and the defending from the outset. We conceded 25 goals in the first round of matches which across a normal season would be 100 goals. Brechin conceded 90.