P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Did you include the superior sequel LeChuck's Revenge?

If I could have picked the franchise as a general I'd have probably chucked it in but would have struggled to pick an individual game from it. I think Black and White were the ones I played most.

I don't even know what those ones are.

I went Blue - Yellow - Gold then fell off, I think the next ones were Ruby and Sapphire and I played one but didnt care for it. My maw must have spent fortunes on the cards back in the day though! 😂

19 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I don't even know what those ones are.

I went Blue - Yellow - Gold then fell off, I think the next ones were Ruby and Sapphire and I played one but didnt care for it. My maw must have spent fortunes on the cards back in the day though! 😂

They were the first lot released for the DS. I had two DSs and a copy of Black and White so I could fully complete them both! I've still got thousands of cards but none with any particulary value unfortunately

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I've not put it in and can't imagine many people have but what about Pokemon? I used to love that as a kid, don't care for it now but was reading something about it today and how massively popular it seems to be globally. 

Looking back at my list I think I should have added it considering I played it non stop before I had a PS1 or when I was on holidays or car journeys. 

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Did you include the superior sequel LeChuck's Revenge?

If I could have picked the franchise as a general I'd have probably chucked it in but would have struggled to pick an individual game from it. I think Black and White were the ones I played most.

I had some variation of Black/ White, Gold/ Silver, Ultra Sun/ Moon and the Sapphire/ Ruby remakes in my list but I couldn't decide and just left them off. 

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I had some variation of Black/ White, Gold/ Silver, Ultra Sun/ Moon and the Sapphire/ Ruby remakes in my list but I couldn't decide and just left them off. 

What age are you if you don't mind sharing? 

I remember being the only one of my mates that had yellow, I think red and blue came out first so everyone's parents had got them that then me being late to the party got the new one, as far as I recall the only difference was you got Pikachu as a starter but boy did that feel good. 

Edited by Stormzy

@Miguel Sanchez (he prefers you to use his name) did say to vote for your favourite, so I don't see why someone couldn't vote for Pokemon, based on having great memories of playing it as a kid.

I didn't though, because I've never played one, and I don't want to. There is a game on my list which I probably haven't played for 15 years, but would still be in my top 10 every time.

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

What age are you if you don't mind sharing? 

I remember being the only one of my mates that had yellow, I think red and blue came out first so everyone's parents had got them that then me being late to the party got the new one, as far as I recall the only difference was you got Pikachu as a starter but boy did that feel good. 

28. I mind getting a GBA Colour and Yellow when I was like 6-7? Then, and I still don't know how this happened, I remember my da taking me to pick up a copy of Silver for 5 quid like relatively shortly after it came out from someone who put an ad in the local paper selling it. No idea what was going on there. Maybe sus shit! Silver was maybe my long-term favourite for sure. I think I fell off the series after Gen 3 and picked it back up again when Sun came out so that's maybe why they're my faves.

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

28. I mind getting a GBA Colour and Yellow when I was like 6-7? Then, and I still don't know how this happened, I remember my da taking me to pick up a copy of Silver for 5 quid like relatively shortly after it came out from someone who put an ad in the local paper selling it. No idea what was going on there. Maybe sus shit! Silver was maybe my long-term favourite for sure. I think I fell off the series after Gen 3 and picked it back up again when Sun came out so that's maybe why they're my faves.

6 or7? *sigh*

Do you know what I was doing at 6 and 7? Playing down the woods getting stung by hornets

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

6 or7? *sigh*

Do you know what I was doing at 6 and 7? Playing down the woods getting stung by hornets

Damn that sucks, bro. I was probably spending the majority of my time outdoors anaw but managing to avoid getting stung like a dafty.

I'm 37 and my first Pokemon experience came in early summer 1999 when a mate of mine had just gotten Pokemon Blue for his Game Boy. As I was due to go my first holiday abroad when school finished and my Dad was driving us down to Dover I bought Pokemon Red for the car journey. Never looked back.

Do do dooo do do DOOO do do dooo do do doooooo

42 minutes ago, Mr X said:
1 hour ago, NotThePars said:
Damn that sucks, bro. I was probably spending the majority of my time outdoors anaw but managing to avoid getting stung like a dafty.

I didnt have a gba to scare them off

See if you had a GB and Pokemon you would have learned not to f**k with Beedrill

I can't find what I sent to the previous poll (I do remember submitting Brian Lara cricket on ps1*) as I deleted a lot of old DMs, but I'd guess it would be probably just a case of taking something off to replace it with RDR2. Will submit something from scratch later today. 

The game I've definitely spent the most hours on in the last 2 years is Pokemon Go. Not sure I can submit a mobile game though. 

I also think the third monkey Island game was my favourite but objectively the first two are better. 

*it's still the best cricket game made 22 years on, don't @ me 

Edited by Fuctifano

I tried Pokemen Go when it first came out but gave up when in the small town I live I went down to one of the spots and some little ginger kid started following me asking if I was playing Pokemon too. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Asked the wee man (age 13) for his list, most of it isn't really my sort of stuff but he did mention Undertale which is definitely worthy of consideration. 

Need to finish that. People really love that game. I think I was trying to do a non-violent playthrough and was having a lot of fun. Don't want to think too deeply about what the old creature is doing tho...

We currently have a top 31 - that is 31 games that have more than one vote. Since we're still getting votes in and people are still reminiscing fondly I'm happy to leave the voting open for a bit longer.
I'll try and finish my list tomorrow. Can you give us a couple hours warning before you close. I'm struggling with a tenth as I like a lot of games but finding a definitive 10 is surprisingly difficult.