P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

48 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Im 40 next year, and i find it a bit strange how more short burst multiplayer games arent higher on lists, not just here but in a lot of places, games you can go back to and enjoy even an hours worth without having to sit through god boring parts that you know what happens next

I'm the same age as you, my issue with a lot of the online short sharp is burst stuff is way too many people are c***s who will use any exploit / glitch or just be out and out griefers. Plus by their nature these games get repetitive so while you might spend 150 hours on RDR2 in one play through and a different 150 hours playing 600+ games of Rocket League, the one off incidents in RDR2 are going to stick with you more. 

That's not to say I haven't enjoyed games of Rocket League or Fortnite but I've also never smashed a controller in an open world game 😂 (I manged to fix it btw) 

12672014_10153906057534493_8719455822860503811_o.jpg

Edited by Fuctifano

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm the same age as you, my issue with a lot of the online short sharp is burst stuff is way too many people are c***s who will use any exploit / glitch or just be out and out griefers. Plus by their nature these games get repetitive so while you might spend 150 hours on RDR2 in one play through and a different 150 hours playing 600+ games of Rocket League, the one off incidents in RDR2 are going to stick with you more. 

That's not to say I haven't enjoyed games of Rocket League or Fortnite but I've also never smashed a controller in an open world game 😂 (I manged to fix it btw) 

Aye they can defo be frustrating, but at least the outcome can be completely different even if starting with the same parameters, its still random to an extent 

For me, the one and done games like rdr2 and LoU etc, are good games, but replayability to me would score higher over story, just my take

Oh and you have rage issues 😂😂

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I enjoy multiplayer but do agree. Loved Fortnite at the start til it got too sweaty. The thing that usually ruins it for me is Skill based matchmaking... I'm good enough at most multiplayer games to decimate noobs and give good players a good game but I'm not good enough to face the 15 year old G Fuel addled c***s that have their KDR as a badge of honour...

13 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Aye they can defo be frustrating, but at least the outcome can be completely different even if starting with the same parameters, its still random to an extent 

For me, the one and done games like rdr2 and LoU etc, are good games, but replayability to me would score higher over story, just my take

Oh and you have rage issues 😂😂

I fully understand your take but for me replayability doesn't mean too much. RDR2 is my top game but I couldn't replay it. I thought I could but when I tried I didn't have the heart. I'd critique online multiplayer games for getting repetitive easily but for single player games if the story is as well developed and engrossing as RDR2 then I can easily rate it higher than some games I've loved and played over and over. 

Oh and you have rage issues [emoji23][emoji23]
I'm the complete opposite. I'd rather play through a story than endless games of fifa or, worse, venture into the online world of idiots and just play games with no end.

The attraction of something like rdr2 isn't so much in the replay value but in the gameplay options. If I want to play and progress the story, I can. But similarly, if I just feel like riding around picking up side quests or just hunting or attacking an enemy camp, I can do that too.

I hate linear games that force you down certain paths.

Having started and finished The Witcher 3, HoS, and probably 50% of BaW, I'd definitely have voted for TW3 in my top 10.

I found it a real struggle to get into, mainly because it feels like they chuck you into the deep end. Once I got properly into Velen - and the Bloody Baron in particular - it really stepped up a few gears. 

Not without its drawbacks (there's unnecessary grind, it's too long, it gets repetitive, and every other criticism you can aim at every open world game) but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would after my first 10 hours. 

RDR2 is very pretty but painfully dull.

I can see arguments that the Witcher also starts slowly but by 4 or 5 hours into the Witcher, you've picked up pace. I was still waiting for RDR2 to get going about 20 hours in when I chucked it. Some time around St. Denis.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

RDR2 is very pretty but painfully dull.

I can see arguments that the Witcher also starts slowly but by 4 or 5 hours into the Witcher, you've picked up pace. I was still waiting for RDR2 to get going about 20 hours in when I chucked it. Some time around St. Denis.

I don't quite agree with RDR2 being that dull, but the story definitely gets better around the St Denis area as things start to fall apart. It's a very deliberately paced game. It's the one thing that stops me going back for another playthrough, as outside of the first time you're playing through, the early parts of the game just aren't that interesting to move through. Wish I could get a similar mod to what you can have on PC, then just play from the end of Chapter 5 onwards constantly.

Edited by forameus

• 2 years later...

Totally get your point about online gaming, mate! 😅 Dealing with those exploiters and griefers can be a real pain. And you're right; the repetitive nature of some games can make those one-off incidents stand out more.I feel you on the controller-smashing front! Good thing you managed to fix it. 😂By the way, speaking of gaming, I recently got obsessed with League of Legends and stumbled upon the lol script. It's been an interesting journey into the gaming world. Check this link for some info on MMR in LoL: https://lol-script.com/blog/what-is-mmr-in-lol/

Edited by AvaCoffey