Sevco 2012 vs Dundee United Football Club

Rangers suffering from a bit of Euro hangover and took about 30 mins to get into the game. Once they took the lead they were superb for the next half an hour or so.

Once the subs had been made we were far more disjointed and treating it a training game for Antwerp which unfortunately led to us losing a goal. 

Still, it’s another 3 points and only 3 wins to go. Onto the next game... 🏆👍

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

fa cup lol GIF by BBC

I've still no idea how Thierry manages to make his face do that although mines done something similar when I seen he'd been pipped for the Bournemouth job by Johnathon Woodgate. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I didn’t hear the Pope 

Rumour has it not a lot of people did. 

Rangers had a poor half a hour and we had a bit of luck with the first two goals and Siegrist made a good stop in the first half 

Second half was a lot brighter and clearly fully deserved the points 

Anybody who calls them poor probably needs to look at the league and the co efficancy points this poor teams contributed for Scottish football 

Especially from team that also has a history of playing games on those most famous of nights

Mental as anything 

A poor opening half hour but we grew into the game and once Hagi popped in the opener we never looked back.

Aribo with the pick of the goals and Wright added a nice balance to the team when he came on.

The main worry is the early substitution of Jack which I hope was just precautionary if he felt a niggle.

Dundee United were one of the better sides we’ve faced at Ibrox this season and caused us issues without resorting to parked busses.

30 minutes ago, TommyLeePwns said:

Good effort from the Arabs, came gave it a wee go and got slapped but they got a wee goal for their efforts so that was cool. 

Rangers looked very impressive today and I love when Aribo struts his stuff and gives the diddies something to think about. The diddies being folk who can't see he's a proper footballer. 

Aribo was the best player on the park.

Was pleased with the performance in the first half hour, but we were seriously punished for not scoring when we were on top. We couldn't sustain that and the two deflected goals killed us.

Rangers are obviously a very, very good team these days and will fully deserve the title when they ultimately win it. The fact that Mark McNulty's goal is only the second goal they have conceded at home this season is incredible.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Insightful question.  Surprised it hasn't been asked before...

100%.

But as a fan of Scottish football it’s good to see another side other than Celtic winning the top league. It’s even better to see Celtic’s arrogance put in it’s place, that applies to both their support and their employees.

Now obviously I’d much prefer it if Motherwell were the ones to stop Celtic reaching their holy grail of 10IAR but that was never a realistic expectation. The only club who could have stopped them were Rangers and so it appears to be proving. I mean Aberdeen were runners up a good few times during the last decade but proved that they just weren’t up to it when it came down to a title challenge, so it was always going to be down to Rangers.

Edited by MJC