Super saints v Martindale marvels 20/02/21

That second half was turgid. The conditions were terrible but other than one well worked piece of play we had from a throw in it was really poor stuff. Our final ball was awful. 

I understand wanting to change the formation in the second half, as Livingston were very comfortable but Macpherson off for Erwin was a dreadful substitution. Macpherson was our biggest goal threat. Erwin was terrible, I don't like to slaughter individual players but he really offers so little. 

Some tired bodies out there and a pitch cutting up badly, not a great game but a reasonable point. 

We had all of the ball for the last 15 minutes but there wasn’t enough quality in midfield. It feels like Flynn and Erhahon are both sitting deep far too often, we need to get them further forward. Tait was unlucky not to score with the volley. Obika blew a couple of chances by not shooting with his right foot.

McAllister and Erwin were both surprisingly good off the bench today.

Get Erwin to f**k he’s a championship player at best. We are not the same team without McGrath and JDH, it’s so frustrating to think how well Kristian Dennis was playing prior to that injury. Had he or Brophy been fit then we would have had 3 points from that game.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Decent result, keeps us clear in the Euro spots for now. St Mirren commentators are absolutely horrific, worst heard seen all season. 

You've obviously not experienced St Johnstone

They're in at a close third behind Kilmarnock. 

I've got a burning hatred for commentators calling players by their first name. Today we had St Mirren's going "go on Cammyyyyyy" and daft shite like that. 

Co-commentator going "aw beautiful" any time there's a through ball and dramatically gasping when Livi get a half chance

Injuries and the February fixture pile up are really hampering us. We only realistically had 2 subs to use for the second game in a row - and that is a real handicap. Under the circumstances, this is not a bad result today.

Looks like things will be more even in both regards against Motherwell in the week. I also hope we can see at least some additional players back for Ross County next Saturday - Mason. Quaner maybe even McGrath? At least then we'd have the option of 3 or 4 fresh pairs of legs during the game.

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Decent result, keeps us clear in the Euro spots for now. St Mirren commentators are absolutely horrific, worst heard seen all season. 

I was watching on mute (at work) but surely they're no as bad as "horrendous tackle" by anyone not in a killie shirt!!!

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

They're in at a close third behind Kilmarnock. 

I've got a burning hatred for commentators calling players by their first name. Today we had St Mirren's going "go on Cammyyyyyy" and daft shite like that. 

Co-commentator going "aw beautiful" any time there's a through ball and dramatically gasping when Livi get a half chance

100% with you. It boils my piss. Worse than the first name thing is calling McAllister "McAll" as if it's a special nickname. I would listen to away commentaries before ours.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

100% with you. It boils my piss. Worse than the first name thing is calling McAllister "McAll" as if it's a special nickname. I would listen to away commentaries before ours.

St Johnstone are really bad for it as well, Killie was just a whole new level of bias. Killie were screaming about horrific tackles whenever anyone went to ground.  

No idea where half the clubs find these folk

Edited by ATLIS

21 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Lost count of the amount of times we just aimlessly kicked the ball away, no composure at all.

At least we didn't get beat is the only positive.

Last 5 mins or so we'd given up even trying to play it forward and set up an attack, just blootering it up to Alnwick every 30 seconds. St Mirren looked like they were at least trying to win the game, was relieved to see the final whistle and get the point. Better for us i think, keeping the gap at 5 points and prob 6 over Utd, a defeat would've been sore for us seeing St Mirren closing it to just 2 points.

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Takes something to beat Killie's shit commentators but they did it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

St Johnstone are really bad for it as well, Killie was just a whole new level of bias. Killie were screaming about horrific tackles whenever anyone went to ground.  

No idea where half the clubs find these folk

We use a Saints fan who volunteered, plus ex-Saints players, I believe.