Super saints v Martindale marvels 20/02/21

Saints have been so frustrating to watch in the past few games, the weather hasn’t helped but we don’t seem to have any sort of possession in the middle of the park. Add in the constant playing it back to the keeper and the lack of hold up play upfront and it is just infuriating.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Lee Erwin would 100% getting me in fights with fellow supporters if we were at games given the level of absolute vitriol I'd be levelling at him every week.

He was the only reason you had the momentum towards the end. Won everything against Ambrose and you picked up all the second balls.

Three games between the sides this season. Every one a tight one nil, two to us and one to them. Expect similar tomorrow, there won’t be much in it and the slim margins of a spawny deflection, a dodgy refereeing decision or the break of the ball from a set piece will decide the result.
As with midweek a draw wouldn’t really be a bad outcome for either side. With Dundee Utd at Ibrox on Sunday a point will almost certainly keep us in the top six and likely push us and Livi a point further clear of the Arabs.
1-1

FT 1-1
Pretty much all that came to pass, including the score line. Two very evenly matched teams and a draw the right result.
Not much happened second half. Livi probably had more territory, due to the wind more than anything. We had the only real effort on goal though, which was a shot from the edge by Tait straight at McCrorie. Kyle also got through on goal but his and Ilkay’s shot were blocked.
I feel today and Wednesday we suffered due to a lack of options on the bench, which is due to us just not having enough players as so many of them are injured. After McAllister and Erwin came on there’s not anyone else with any senior experience.
It’s not a bad point all in all but still frustrating. If we are going to catch Livi post split we are going to need to get some of the injured players back, we just don’t have the depth to push on late in games at the moment.
Fraser probably our best player again, he’s my POTY for us so far. McPherson was decent in midfield and a great goal, Jon led the line well as usual.
Motherwell seem to be in some state and they’re coming to Paisley on Wed. Win that and we should, should get top six. Still think 40 points will do it and one win gets us on 38. Then we have Accies and County pre split to get to the final tally.

So frustrating again. 2 great chances to consolidate top 6 (Hamilton and today) and failed to capitalize on either.

Fraser my motm, what a signing he’s been. Cammy also really good.

We really need 4-6 points from Motherwell and county if we want top 6, I know both goals have been really unlucky from today and vs Hamilton but we need to stop losing these daft goals! We don’t have the goals in us to compensate for these kind of cheap goals