Super saints v Martindale marvels 20/02/21

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

From my recollection Reilly had a contract offer open for months and he'd decided against signing it, despite it being clear we were going up as champions. Stubbs is a dick of that there is no doubt, but imo it was Reilly's decision not to sign the extension.

Personally I don't really rate the lad. He was a decent Championship level player, but I'm not convinced he will bag more than 4 or 5 a season in the top league. Of course, cue him chucking in a brace against us today.

I think you're right but Stubbs came in and withdrew the offer. I think players are within their rights to hold off on signing contracts to see if better offers come in.

I don't think many people would've worried too much if Stubbs had actually brought replacements in for the players he showed the door to. Instead he signed a bunch of players who were miles off it. 

I think Reilly is a decent signing for. Livingston though, he won't play every week but when he does he'll bust a gut and will be a nuisance for defenders. 

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I don't think many people would've worried too much if Stubbs had actually brought replacements in for the players he showed the door to. Instead he signed a bunch of players who were miles off it. 

I think Reilly is a decent signing for. Livingston though, he won't play every week but when he does he'll bust a gut and will be a nuisance for defenders. 

I agree with both of those points.

Reilly is a hard worker and a bit of a confidence player (as are all strikers I suppose) as he started really well with us but then fell off badly. I'd need to go back and check but I think he scored all of about 2 goals in the second half of the season. I don't think he was injured during that time either.

I suppose the question we have to ask is, is he any better than Erwin.. ;)

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Did you see McCrorie v Kilmarnock?

I did yeah, I’ve seen all his games this year. 

Stryjek was directly responsible for a goal, nearly chucked another in and should have saved the second.

He’s been better than McCrorie this year, no doubt, but it was clearly one of the worst performances any keeper has had this year. No wonder he’s been dropped.

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

Stryjek had one of the worst games any keeper has had all season last week. Worse than anything McCrorie or Zander Clark have produced.

*shakes head*

St_Johnstone_2_1_Motherwell_Kane_s_Winner_Sees_Off_10_Man_Motherwell_Ladbrokes_Premiership.gif.2ccedfa10fb3c4ed4418b4133bcb73ec.gif

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

I did yeah, I’ve seen all his games this year. 

Stryjek was directly responsible for a goal, nearly chucked another in and should have saved the second.

He’s been better than McCrorie this year, no doubt, but it was clearly one of the worst performances any keeper has had this year. No wonder he’s been dropped.

He had HIS worst game yeah, wouldn't say it was worse than McCrorie's though, and overall Stryjek is miles better than McCrorie. Devlin had an even worse game last week but he's still in the team, obv previous performances have bought him some credit for a hopefully one off stinker.

Hope to f**k Stryjek is back in goals for the cup final, just have no confidence in McCrorie's overall performance, has next to no presence in commanding his box coming for anything, and too hesitant in making decisions. Maybe this is just a kick up the arse to Stryjek to make sure he's on top form next weekend.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe this is just a kick up the arse to Stryjek to make sure he's on top form next weekend.

or to make sure he's fit for the final. Martindale isn't taking risks with Bartley or Robbo so maybe Stryjek is in that group aswell. Can't see him missing the final considering he started the season as our cup keeper

Edited by Cptn Hooch