Super saints v Martindale marvels 20/02/21

Hopefully we'll see Flynn and Connolly come back into the starting 11 for this one. 

A win here and we are within touching distance of making the top 6 and will also be breathing down Livi's necks. 

Any victory will be very welcome , and I can see another 1-0 (to either side) deciding it.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Absolute must win for us. f**k this up and we might slip out the top 6 and European spots

The run of games left for Utd i doubt they'll get above us. A draw would prob be enough for us to stay above St Mirren going into the split too, but a win would be massive in giving us an 8 points gap for securing 5th place.

A draw would at least give us a positive result going into the final, and keep us 5 points clear of St Mirren.

Need to clear the final from our heads, although easier said than done I am sure. A win will almost certainly cement a top 6 spot for us, lose this and I can see St Mirren overtaking us in 5th as they have a couple of games to play before our next one. Weird season not withstanding covid and no crowds but the majority of teams actually have more points away from home than at home. and with that I am looking for that to continue with a Livi win.

Looking forward to firing up the iMac, logging into my account on SMTV, and enjoying another online enhanced contemporary fan experience. In the spirit of recent speculation, I shall watch the entire match standing in front of the computer, with ‘safe standing’ rails made from two kitchen stools, with a 5 iron from my golf bag laid across the top. Please, in the name of God, someone give me a shout when this fcuking life changes back to something even approaching normality.

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Looking forward to firing up the iMac, logging into my account on SMTV, and enjoying another online enhanced contemporary fan experience. In the spirit of recent speculation, I shall watch the entire match standing in front of the computer, with ‘safe standing’ rails made from two kitchen stools, with a 5 iron from my golf bag laid across the top. Please, in the name of God, someone give me a shout when this fcuking life changes back to something even approaching normality.

Got me all sentimental now, since i've already been watching the games drinking a beer, i need get some pish soaked red ash chucked onto my carpet for the full 80's experience being at the game. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Livi's form has seriously faltered since they made the final.  

Eye's off the ball for the league I think.  

2 wins and a draw before the 2 losses in the last 2.

Well beaten in both of those but I think the players were fucked from the number of games played, especially on the really heavy pitch last week. Hopeful that we will benefit in this game now that the mad fixture scheduling is over.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Got me all sentimental now, since i've already been watching the games drinking a beer, i need get some pish soaked red ash chucked onto my carpet for the full 80's experience being at the game. 

It’s OK for you. You could go to B&Q, buy a roll of kid-on grass, and pretend you’re actually playing IN the games. 😛

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

2 wins and a draw before the 2 losses in the last 2.

Well beaten in both of those but I think the players were fucked from the number of games played, especially on the really heavy pitch last week. Hopeful that we will benefit in this game now that the mad fixture scheduling is over.

Yea, certainly did not play well in either of those games, although we still had chances in front of goal especially in the Dundee united game. More worried that we conceded 5 in these 2 games when we had only conceded 5 in our 14 game unbeaten run. Looking to end that 2 games without a win run tomorrow. 

Impossible to call this. You couldn't slide a fag paper between the sides this season - our victories were narrow, likewise the cup game - and obviously it's been Livi's form vs the rest of the league that has them above us.

I still think 0-0, but possibly a 1-0 either way. Definitely low-scoring, quite possibly low-tempo, too.

We're obviously well short down the middle and don't have many options still: I'd go 4-2-3-1 and push Flynn up into the number 10 role. Durmus (our most in-form player) and Connolly wide. Erwin on the bench.

Edit: what happened to Mason, btw? Is he injured? I was thinking this might be a game that he'd feature in as Jim likes to mix things up.

Edited by Coventry Saint

As I recall our form in the run up to the league cup final win over Hearts in 2013, was honking. 

I’m not convinced the entire Livi squad won’t be going into the game tomorrow with more than a little trepidation about picking an injury that might see them miss out on a cup final place.

Edited by glenburn bud

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not convinced the entire Livi squad won’t be going into the game tomorrow with more than a little trepidation about picking an injury that might see them miss out on a cup final place.

I see that, and raise you 'Kyle McAllister'.

Edit: our form after we won it was fucking tragic, too. Shame the Livi players can't go out on a Thommo-fuelled bender for a week after winning as that'd help our top five chase no end.

Edited by Coventry Saint

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

As I recall our form in the run up to the league cup final win over Hearts in 2013, was honking. 

Yeah that's why i was thinking Martindale may do what he did against Celtic before we played you in the semi, bring in the fringe players and tell them they're playing for a cup final place. We made 7 changes that game and got a 2-2 draw against the returning from Dubai isolation full squad Celtic team. We've got decent quality guys like Forrest not getting a game, i'm sure he'd be bursting a gut to get into our cup final starting XI if we started him tomorrow.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It’s OK for you. You could go to B&Q, buy a roll of kid-on grass, and pretend you’re actually playing IN the games. 😛

Next door neighbour has pretend grass on his front lawn, he's a Livi fan too so we could have a kick about while watching the game through his window.