Ayr vs Inverness

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Rooney, Hayes and Foran were our so called Irish Clover in attack and were superb that season. We struggled badly at the start of the campaign so much so that some Ross County fan, possibly Yoda, started a ICT Relegation thread our form was so bad. Then, out of seemingly nothing, Butcher hit on a winning formula and we cigared the rest of the season with a 20 + point swing on Dundee into the bargain :lol: 

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Yep your correct Adam Rooney got mixed up there and Richie Foran apparently they were getting really fed up with Butcher and nearly on the plane back to Dublin. 

Foran was one of Butcher's favourites but we'd really toiled at the start of that season.  We started the season playing 4-4-2 with Foran up-front as well as attacks featuring Andrew Barrowman, Dani Sanchez and Eric Odhiambo.  Hayes didn't really start the season as a first team regular with Butcher preferring Imrie and Robert Eagle wide before giving Hayes a run of games and he really took off.

Forget which game it was but there was a game where we switched to a 4-2-3-1 that was really more of a 4-2-4 with Rooney at the tip, Hayes on the right and Foran on the left and either Odhiambo or Sanchez just behind the striker and that really kick-started our season.  They could all play each other positions as well and would interchange so the front four could be very fluid.  That team would annihilate our current mob.

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Foran was one of Butcher's favourites but we'd really toiled at the start of that season.  We started the season playing 4-4-2 with Foran up-front as well as attacks featuring Andrew Barrowman, Dani Sanchez and Eric Odhiambo.  Hayes didn't really start the season as a first team regular with Butcher preferring Imrie and Robert Eagle wide before giving Hayes a run of games and he really took off.

Forget which game it was but there was a game where we switched to a 4-2-3-1 that was really more of a 4-2-4 with Rooney at the tip, Hayes on the right and Foran on the left and either Odhiambo or Sanchez just behind the striker and that really kick-started our season.  They could all play each other positions as well and would interchange so the front four could be very fluid.  That team would annihilate our current mob.

I remember the first game of the season away to Dunfermline that Eagle started. Hayes came on for him in the second half and you knew straight away we had a proper player, still can’t believe Eagle was first choice for the first part of the season.

Just now, Hursty said:

Wright out with a groin strain.  No gonna see him for a while then no doubt - here was me hoping he might actually be getting close to fitness by now.   Pish

Houston fit but doesn’t even make the bench.  I presume he just doesn’t want to be a professional football player anymore.

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Wright out with a groin strain.  No gonna see him for a while then no doubt - here was me hoping he might actually be getting close to fitness by now.   Pish

Our record for signing players then them getting injured within a game or two must be the worst luck out of any Scottish team. Walsh and Wright this season alone 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Just now, HMIP said:

Houston fit but doesn’t even make the bench.  I presume he just doesn’t want to be a professional football player anymore.

There must be some other reason for him not making the bench. I really liked what I saw of him last season. Was only about this time 2 years ago he was making his debut for Rangers. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

False 9 surely today, the old 4-6-0?

We've got so many attacking options and I'd stick moff up there with his back to goal linking the play.

But i know f**k all so hopefully kerr has a better plan. Mackenzie get a chance maybe?

So many attacking options yet all of a sudden you get the feeling we wont see any of them getting the ball anywhere near the oppositions goal.   Hopefully I'm over reacting!

2 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Maybe since Dre is injured we'll try change the way we play a bit. Although I doubt it as we seem pretty set on the playing long ball to an isolated striker every game

Need to play the ball on the ground today anyway due to the strong winds , game going to be wasted , all down to who plays best against the wind 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Maybe since Dre is injured we'll try change the way we play a bit. Although I doubt it as we seem pretty set on the playing long ball to an isolated striker every game

Surely we won't be shelling Moffat with long balls? 🙈