Ayr vs Inverness

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

He's comfortable playing in both positions. That's before the Kerr haters come out decrying the tactical masterstroke of converting a centre back to left back.

He is, I'm a fan of his.  Big upgrade on Reading. 

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He is, I'm a fan of his.  Big upgrade on Reading. 

Couldn't agree more, I'd actually be inclined to play Reading further upfield, as he does for the U21 team and move Walsh in behind the striker/s.

Ndaba's played against Alloa, Dunfermline and Hearts and probably averaged about a 7/10 over the 3 games. I cant believe he's only played 3 and a half senior league games in his career. He's got huge potential for us with his size and athleticism.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d like to see Ndaba play midfield at some point this season. He’s been absolutely brilliant where he is but he definitely has all the attributes to play as a central midfielder and probably do pretty well at it.

As for the game this is pretty much a game we need to be winning. ICT have barley played, have key players out injured and we need wins to keep our chances of getting into the top 4 alive.

It's still Inverness though, did they not have about 7 players out when we played them at the start of the season and we still shat the bed and conceded a late equaliser?    

Although that was of course pre Ndaba time so hopefully scrape a 1-0

41 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Couldn't agree more, I'd actually be inclined to play Reading further upfield, as he does for the U21 team and move Walsh in behind the striker/s.

Ndaba's played against Alloa, Dunfermline and Hearts and probably averaged about a 7/10 over the 3 games. I cant believe he's only played 3 and a half senior league games in his career. He's got huge potential for us with his size and athleticism.

I hear ye on that, while he is no great at headers his general defensive play is actually ok, bit of a confidence issue as well (IMO), one of the league leaders in interceptions per 90 so he reads the play well.  Could maybe do the 'Geggan' job of a full back in midfield but you then are taking one of Smith, Walsh or McCowan out.  Might be a problem to address next season rather than right now. 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

It's still Inverness though, did they not have about 7 players out when we played them at the start of the season and we still shat the bed and conceded a late equaliser?    

Although that was of course pre Ndaba time so hopefully scrape a 1-0

Yeah but our defence is now Inverness height, throw in Shooter McGavin at 6'5 and were no the wee guy team from the previous two seasons. 

4 hours ago, wuffster said:

I wouldn't say I was confident about tomorrow, I just don't have that usual feeling of impending doom. It'll be this then:

Watched that back and can still remember being there.   Have we ever had a worse home defeat?  Not just the fact we lost 7-0 at home. But the fact we still actually needed points at that stage so should have been fighting for everything.  

Was at that game also in the disabled section with my brother and got talking to Inverness fan who told me I was in for a treat of attacking football. He was right all you heard was here comes Johnny the whole game. Johnny Hayes must have laid on about 5 of the goals And big Sean Rooney ran riot.

I asked him about them and he said Hayes, Rooney and another Irishman were in and out of the team early on in the season, they went to Butcher and told him to play them or let them go, the rest is history they ran riot and ne er looked back, Hayes was the perfect winger absolutely ran riot against teams.

3 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Was at that game also in the disabled section with my brother and got talking to Inverness fan who told me I was in for a treat of attacking football. He was right all you heard was here comes Johnny the whole game. Johnny Hayes must have laid on about 5 of the goals And big Sean Rooney ran riot.

I asked him about them and he said Hayes, Rooney and another Irishman were in and out of the team early on in the season, they went to Butcher and told him to play them or let them go, the rest is history they ran riot and ne er looked back, Hayes was the perfect winger absolutely ran riot against teams.

Adam Rooney surely?

Rooney, Hayes and Foran were our so called Irish Clover in attack and were superb that season. We struggled badly at the start of the campaign so much so that some Ross County fan, possibly Yoda, started a ICT Relegation thread our form was so bad. Then, out of seemingly nothing, Butcher hit on a winning formula and we cigared the rest of the season with a 20 + point swing on Dundee into the bargain :lol: 

Sadly I doubt we are going to see the same level of attacking football from us today :( 

15 hours ago, Hursty said:

Its mental to think that we could quite conceivably be in either playoff by 6PM tomorrow night and the results to make either happen wouldn't be THAT surprising either way. 

Other than Dundee v Queens being off it'll be a major surprise if we're in the top 4 tonight. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Decent day at the moment, no wind or rain, hope it doesn't turn.

That didn’t last long ! Horrible conditions now for a game of football , this is forecast for rest of today , going to be a lottery now 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That didn’t last long ! Horrible conditions now for a game of football , this is forecast for rest of today , going to be a lottery now 

I hope its not windy or John Robertson might postpone the game.

Very Funny Reaction GIF