Motherwell Crocked 11 v League Cup Finalist Perth Saints 20 Feb

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

A great performance and result, although we took our foot off the gas a little bit after the 3rd goal. The whole team performed excellently, but I think the Saints Twitter has got it right in terms of the four stand-out candidates. The one sour note of the afternoon is obviously Wotherspoon's groin issue. Hopefully it's a minor thing as he's absolutely imperative to our attack. 

St Mirren dropping points has given us a bit of additional hope in the race for a top six place. Looking at their fixtures, I fear it might be a little too late for us. But we're very much in the picture and we've got something to aim for.

Onto the cup final now. We approach it as the in-form team. 

Really want you to keep thinking that.Please.🤔

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Every instinct is to play it backwards 

In the last 10 minutes or so it looked like Motherwell who were wanting to run down the clock with all that passing out from the goalie to the defender then back across. Why not punt it up to your forwards its them who might score. It saw the game out for us though.

Brilliant win saints.

Edited by akuram

26 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Many congrats on beating a Motherwell 3rd 11

I am now going to switch my allegiances to the crime lord 11 next week. 

Can only beat what is put in front of us.

Not our fault that you have players out with mysterious illness and a number of injured players.

Your management team should have addressed your squads weaknesses in January.

15 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Your management team should have addressed your squads weaknesses in January.

Totally agree. That is 100% on us. 
But I am sure we never expected to be without 50-60 % of our entire squad. 

7 hours ago, mwellhighland said:

Shocking stuff - there's no social distancing between commentary teams 

They were miles apart but the company handling the streaming was not playing any of our sound on the season ticket holder radio only option at one point until this was reported to them.  It should have been fixed from about the 20th minute. 

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Not a massive fan of McAnespie on co-comms for us today.

The aim is to find an ex player each week who stays as close as possible to the away venue to comply with travel regulations as much as possible (not been seen to taking the piss out of the system by asking someone to travel 100 miles each way) plus Kieran was a squad member when we were last in the league cup final..

11 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

They were miles apart but the company handling the streaming was not playing any of our sound on the season ticket holder radio only option at one point until this was reported to them.  It should have been fixed from about the 20th minute. 

There was a point they were talking about firemen

2021-02-21_10-37-46.png.8753234da51ee777dec9c01454642a1c.png

Just a daft plot showing where the respective front lines were actually doing things. 

That middle box just outside the area a real danger zone, yet Motherwell had literally nothing happening there.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

2021-02-21_10-37-46.png.8753234da51ee777dec9c01454642a1c.png

Just a daft plot showing where the respective front lines were actually doing things. 

That middle box just outside the area a real danger zone, yet Motherwell had literally nothing happening there.

There are 17 boxes with non zero percentages, are you suggesting we had multiple successful actions?

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Is that not why you have a squad of 35 players?

Pretty much - but it seems becoming crocked is as contagious as Covid19 in ML1.

We brought in 7 players in Jan window iirc and of them 4 are unavailable due to knocks inc Lawless who would probably be a starter. 

Of the team that we played yesterday in my opinion if we had all players available, then I would only have selected Carroll, Watt and possibly Long or Cole. Maybe Kelly v Carson but that could be 50-50. So we were missing 7 possibly 8 starters.

You would expect 2 or 3 key injuries at any given time during a season.  If you are very unlucky 4 or 5, but 7+ is just farcical and as much as St Johnstone can only beat what is in front of them we would have lost to every team in the league yesterday with that line up. Every team. 

16 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Pretty much - but it seems becoming crocked is as contagious as Covid19 in ML1.

We brought in 7 players in Jan window iirc and of them 4 are unavailable due to knocks inc Lawless who would probably be a starter. 

Of the team that we played yesterday in my opinion if we had all players available, then I would only have selected Carroll, Watt and possibly Long or Cole. Maybe Kelly v Carson but that could be 50-50. So we were missing 7 possibly 8 starters.

You would expect 2 or 3 key injuries at any given time during a season.  If you are very unlucky 4 or 5, but 7+ is just farcical and as much as St Johnstone can only beat what is in front of them we would have lost to every team in the league yesterday with that line up. Every team. 

Aye, the last time we started a game with as makeshift a back 4 as we had yesterday we lost 5-1 to Dundee and McGhee got his jotters.

Edited by capt_oats