Motherwell Crocked 11 v League Cup Finalist Perth Saints 20 Feb

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Good line-up for us. When Tanser's fit, I'd prefer him over Booth but it's maybe best to exercise a bit of caution ahead of the cup final.

I'm very happy with it but would have wanted to see Tanser on for set pieces, with such a depleted defence you'd be hoping we would able to win fouls in good positions. 

Surely he will have to come on to get game time. Ditto Conway. And Muzz of course.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Cant even fill a bench, very lower league of us

At this rate we may well be in a lower league.

It is probably just bad joojoo but so many injuries and illnesses and suspensions all at the same time. 

Like to hear what Alexander will be saying pre match as Campbell and OHara missing has come from nowhere !

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

At this rate we may well be in a lower league.

It is probably just bad joojoo but so many injuries and illnesses and suspensions all at the same time. 

Like to hear what Alexander will be saying pre match as Campbell and OHara missing has come from nowhere !

Another day on the beer for me I think, was looking to take it easy today but sometimes you need to hide behind something.

20 minutes ago, ropy said:

What do think the issue is with his hamstring?

That it isn’t really injured.

I don’t know this for certain obviously and I have nothing to back up that belief, it just seems a strange situation and a little bit on the convenient side, especially with the timing.

If I’m proved wrong then I’ll hold my hands up but as I said I don’t think we’ll see him in C&A again.

Killie were weakened when we played them a few weeks ago and you felt at the time that you have to take advantage of these situations. We did, although rather unconventionally after going two goals down. 

Same applies today, the league being the way it is, you need to make the most of opportunities when injuries strike an opponent. 

Other than maybe young Johnston af full back, Motherwell have a team of first team players out but not facing Campbell, Gallagher, O'Donnell etc... is gift you need to take.

In saying that, they have arguably their starting front three available and from their point of view, a win is massive psychologically and they'll be using that as motivation. 

For our players, a few of them have this last chance to put themselves in contention for a starting place next week. 

1 minute ago, MJC said:

I don’t know this for certain obviously and I have nothing to back up that belief, it just seems a strange situation and a little bit on the convenient side, especially with the timing.

If I’m proved wrong then I’ll hold my hands up but as I said I don’t think we’ll see him in C&A again.

The thing about his contract extension was a lot of shite though - so he'll be here until the end of the season and no longer - so it's not convenient for anyone.

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

Are you doubting the scan?

1 minute ago, Swello said:

The thing about his contract extension was a lot of shite though - so he'll be here until the end of the season and no longer - so it's not convenient for anyone.

Has that actually been confirmed though? 

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

That Motherwell line up is making me very nervous

Aye.

Them playing a inexperienced 17yo v Wotherspoon in the form of his life, while simultaneously playing Lamie + Kid v Melamed + Kane means we should create chances.

Absolutely certain we'll lose this to a Lamie header after 3 minutes. 87 minutes of us creating nothing afterwards.

Need a quick start. Its harsh as f**k but just pile players at Johnston in the first 20 minutes, it either makes him or breaks him, but its not our problem.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

Them playing a inexperienced 17yo v Wotherspoon in the form of his life, while simultaneously playing Lamie + Kid v Melamed + Kane means we should create chances.

Absolutely certain we'll lose this to a Lamie header after 3 minutes. 87 minutes of us creating nothing afterwards.

Need a quick start. Its harsh as f**k but just pile players at Johnston in the first 20 minutes, it either makes him or breaks him, but its not our problem.

Play fair or we will start kicking folk

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Play fair or we will start kicking folk

Good, get us prepared for the bloodbath a Final against a pissed off Livingston will be.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is that what it will take?

The silence from the board is deafening, show us the scan!

Not atall haha, I just think the situation is strange. He’s linked with a move away before the window closes, then rumours(which could of course be a lot of shite) surface that one more appearance triggers a contract extension, the window shuts, he remains at the club and all of a sudden he is injured. Then a week becomes two, two becomes four and still no sign.

Like I say, it all seems a bit convenient.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

Not atall haha, I just think the situation is strange. He’s linked with a move away before the window closes, then rumours(which could of course be a lot of shite) surface that one more appearance triggers a contract extension, the window shuts, he remains at the club and all of a sudden he is injured. Then a week becomes two, two becomes four and still no sign.

Like I say, it all seems a bit convenient.

But it fits entirely with the narrative of the rest of the season. A player being optimistic about his return date is nothing new.  Nobody benefits from a player sitting out his contract, not the player, not the club, not the national team, not any team considering signing a malcontent.  It’s nonsense.