Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

33 minutes ago, ken es said:

Well that was utter rubbish from both teams.3points woo hoo but next game Celtic again .Will we get a positive result erm no not a hope in hell .Do we consider 4th success these days? as best we can hope for just now.COYFR.

I disagree we don't have a hope in a hell getting a result against Celtic. I thought Celtic was very poor last Wednesday night although I would be in a minority here but I didn't think we played that well. If Celtic play like they did on Wednesday night then i think we have a good chance of getting a result. 

Edited by betting competition

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I think a big issue is we got ourselves in to the position where Campbell, Ojo, McGeouch all play the same way. Ferguson can also do it. Any 2 of Campbell, Ojo and McGeouch is going to struggle to influence things further up the park.

Agreed. If you were to (over) simplify the role of midfield down to 3 elements - defensive support, attacking support/creativity and possession retention, Campbell and ojo both really just did possession retention. McG rough also to a lesser extent. Leaves you vulnerable defensively and easy to defend against. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agreed. If you were to (over) simplify the role of midfield down to 3 elements - defensive support, attacking support/creativity and possession retention, Campbell and ojo both really just did possession retention. McG rough also to a lesser extent. Leaves you vulnerable defensively and easy to defend against. 

The summer will be interesting. Campbell looks like he's starting to influence the game a bit more. That's three starts in a row where he's either been our best midfielder or not looked out of place. Ojo can go in the summer without replacement if that is the case and we can potentially look to use that money elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The summer will be interesting. Campbell looks like he's starting to influence the game a bit more. That's three starts in a row where he's either been our best midfielder or not looked out of place. Ojo can go in the summer without replacement if that is the case and we can potentially look to use that money elsewhere.

Aye I think we should be investing the time and patience with Campbell. Clearly talented and his lack of influence is understandable given his natural role and youth. Like you say he appears to be growing into it and still only 19. 

Thought it was interesting virtanen came on ahead of Dylan today. Wouldn’t be surprised if him and ojo were removed from the wage bill in the summer. 

ETA - this discussion may be becoming unsuitable for a match thread. 

Edited by Dons_1988

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Slightly better but still lots of issues. 

Inability to score from open play still evident despite going closer than in previous weeks. 

Still question marks over particularly individual performance too. 

Campbell and McLennan were brilliant today. 

If McLennan had a football brain to match his runs he'd be a decent talent. 

15 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

@craigkillie still of the opinion that we aren't "absolutely awful"?

We have managed two goals (in one game vs St J) in our last 7 games, 6 of which were after this comment.

Screenshot_20210220-165742_Samsung Internet.jpg

For someone whose whole persona on here is based on arguing with folk and pointing out when they're wrong, it's ironic Craig has chosen to just ignore this.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Let's be honest here, after we scored Aberdeen's performance was absolutely brutal. We looked like a side that had just scored for the first time in 4 years or whatever, and it terrified us. 

Frankly, we were much better against Celtic during the week than we were yesterday. 

Thank God it was Killie we were playing. I don't think we would have beaten anyone else. 

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

For someone whose whole persona on here is based on arguing with folk and pointing out when they're wrong, it's ironic Craig has chosen to just ignore this.

He disagreed with your opinion, get over it.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

It’s quite tragic if you need someone to share your view that your team are awful. 

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That sounds good, but not quite true. The pressure on everyone would have been so much greater if we hadn’t scored or won today.

He is right in the sense that we didn’t see anything in the performance that suggests we’ve resolved much of our issues. There still didn’t seem to be a clear plan of how we would attack other than set pieces. 

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

He disagreed with your opinion, get over it.

It's keeping me up at night. 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s quite tragic if you need someone to share your view that your team are awful. 

He would be the first on here to point out how someone else was wrong or misspoke. I found it baffling that a Killie fan at that stage in the season could take issue with someone saying we are awful. There is just no basis whatsoever for anyone who has watched us and knows anything about football thinking otherwise. 

Our last 20 games - won 3, drawn 1, lost 16. 15 of those 20 games we haven't scored. A total of 9 goals in the period. 

Let's be honest here, after we scored Aberdeen's performance was absolutely brutal. We looked like a side that had just scored for the first time in 4 years or whatever, and it terrified us. 
Frankly, we were much better against Celtic during the week than we were yesterday. 
Thank God it was Killie we were playing. I don't think we would have beaten anyone else. 

We have 17 clean sheets from the 34 matches played this season.

If we score first, there’s always a fair chance we’re winning the game against most of this league.

I blame Steve Clarke for giving us hope😁 i'm sure he's some kind of wizard, i thoroughly enjoyed his tenure it was amazing but also realised it wouldn't last forever. 

Fwiw in almost 40 years of following Killie we've had periods of being decent including some real high points but we've also been rubbish for long periods, this is simply one of the rubbish periods. 

5 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

You posted this less than 24 hours ago you absolute ghoul - some folk don't hang around P&B reading every single thread in case someone demands an instant response from them. I didn't see the game yesterday and therefore didn't bother reading the match thread because I thought my mood would be better if I avoided it.

We've got much worse since I posted that, but I still think a lot of it is down to confidence rather than ability. Even in the game which you were quoting me from, we were about 3 minutes from a draw even if we did deserve to lose. I think we hit rock bottom in the St Johnstone game, and I reckon we will see an improvement over the coming weeks when we play a bunch of teams worse than Rangers or Aberdeen. If we end up getting relegated and you want to come on and gloat about it and then get worked up that I haven't replied about 3 seconds later, then that's up to you.

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You posted this less than 24 hours ago you absolute ghoul

tenor.gif.6af5b122d2153566c5d7400195d116db.gif

Patter. 

You had posted in other threads, and you can't be surprised with your posting style that you've got up folks noses and they dont want to let the resident smartarse off the hook for something. 

We will agree to disagree that we've got much worse since then - months of results (with no more than a few decent results amongst them) before that Livi game back my point.