Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

10 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Hibs...we're coming for yi

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The real question is how hibs will react to the realisation that the sleeping giant has awoken. 

Scared Dog GIF

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah for hibs 

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

If youre on a good run and play that match, you say "good to get the win and keep chuntering on"

If youre on a shitey run, youre just happy to score a fuckin goal.

In reality,  that wasnt much different to other recent games weve played. Were still defensively pretty robust, we still lack creativity. No surprises, just happy to break the duck. hopefully it can be a springboard to a real push for third. I have my doubts but theres nothing much we can do about it, so might as well back our beautiful boys.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Slightly better but still lots of issues. 

Inability to score from open play still evident despite going closer than in previous weeks. 

Still question marks over particularly individual performance too. 

Campbell and McLennan were brilliant today. 

My favourite bit being where he tackled himself with no Killie player within 20 yards. 

I still think we’re vulnerable in wide areas with this shape. Shoehorning in wing backs usually leaves us without the defensive qualities of a full back or the attacking threat of a winger and it becomes a bit of a nothing. Killie got some joy down the sides and other teams will punish us (again). 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I still think we’re vulnerable in wide areas with this shape. Shoehorning in wing backs usually leaves us without the defensive qualities of a full back or the attacking threat of a winger and it becomes a bit of a nothing. 

Absolutely this.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I still think we’re vulnerable in wide areas with this shape. Shoehorning in wing backs usually leaves us without the defensive qualities of a full back or the attacking threat of a winger and it becomes a bit of a nothing. Killie got some joy down the sides and other teams will punish us (again). 

I don't like 3 at the back i think it hurts us in terms of creating chances. I've never like 3 at the back especially in the good old days with Willie Miller 3-5-2. 

Edited by betting competition

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I don't like 3 at the back i think it hurts us in terms of creating chances. I've never like 3 at the back especially in the good old days with Willie Miller 3-5-2 days. 

I don't think we ever played 3-5-2 back in the good old days. It was only ever 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

The difference being that our full backs...Kennedy, McMaster and even Rougvie...were just brilliant attacking full backs as well as defenders. 

We don't have players like them these days, sadly. 

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I don't like 3 at the back i think it hurts us in terms of creating chances. I've never like 3 at the back especially in the good old days with Willie Miller 3-5-2. 

It’s not so much the shape itself. 

The 3-4-3 from September/October time was the best we’ve looked in a few years but it was reliant on specific personnel. Dereks failing this season (IMO) was not reacting to the personnel issues we’ve had and sticking to the shape regardless of who’s available. Mcginn looked like he had no idea how to influence the game today. 

You go back to Campbell and ojo as a midfield two as well, I could have told you prior to that that it wouldn’t work. It’s Just not Ferguson and mcrorie. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s not so much the shape itself. 

The 3-4-3 from September/October time was the best we’ve looked in a few years but it was reliant on specific personnel. Dereks failing this season (IMO) was not reacting to the personnel issues we’ve had and sticking to the shape regardless of who’s available. Mcginn looked like he had no idea how to influence the game today. 

You go back to Campbell and ojo as a midfield two as well, I could have told you prior to that that it wouldn’t work. It’s Just not Ferguson and mcrorie. 

I think a big issue is we got ourselves in to the position where Campbell, Ojo, McGeouch all play the same way. Ferguson can also do it. Any 2 of Campbell, Ojo and McGeouch is going to struggle to influence things further up the park.