Arbroath vs. Raith Rovers

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I have no qualms with the result, I’m not using the weather as an excuse. I’m saying it’s been utterly woeful to watch.

Spot on

inability to pass the ball to a team mate, or put in the required effort.

Arbroath in February isn’t a place for Kai Kennedy on the wing

For what it's worth, I don't think the wind has had much to do with it. The Rovers, however, have played the pitch terribly. Trying to link together seven or eight passes on a pitch like this is putting yourself on a hiding to nothing. 

Look at Arbroath - they've moved the ball by running it, and knocking it into the channels. Linn's covered more ground with the ball at his feet than the entire Rovers team. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

No complaints about the result. Arbroath much better than us and well worth the win. Macdonald made it look tighter than it was with some good saves. 

McGlynn got it wrong up front today. At least one of Ugwu and Gullan should've been off at HT because they were miles off the pace today. Quite how Gullan them managed to stay on the pitch until the 82nd minute is a mystery. 

Rubbish. 

Edited by Michael W

That what absolutely pathetic. 

The pitch was heavy, but everyone knew that and it was the same for both teams. To make zero attempt to adapt to the conditions is just not good enough. 

Granted Spencer and Matthews being missing didn't help, but playing 3 yard passes on a heavy pitch against a team who are well fired up and in our face is just madness. 

Arbroath played really well and played the match perfectly. 

Just now, MC_Lachlan said:

Complete reverse performance from the Morton game. Arbroath have had way more about them than Morton did to be fair. McGlynn managed this one all wrong. 

Well done Arbroath, hope you do well the rest of the season. Likeable bunch. 

When McGlynn mentioned during the week they knew what to expect from the conditions, you really do have to wonder what went on there. 

Arbroath deserved to win, game was pretty much as one sided as we’ve seen this season. No Rovers played looked up for it, like they’d decided we were beaten before we even started. 

Could do with a game that’s half decent to watch again sometime soon. Between that and the Morton game it’s been a real shit fest.