Arbroath vs. Raith Rovers

On the P&B app, and can’t seem to find a match thread for this... so here we go...

Arbroath TV, what’s the script? £14? Nothing on their Twitter page, as of Tuesday at 5pm.

Absolutely buzzing for a game again since the snow killed that weekend.

Virtual away day for me, in the home bar from 12:30pm.

Starting XI wise, I hope Matthews is back fit, we’ve missed him in the middle of the park.

Arbroath were terrible at Starks Park, but have picked up considerably in recent weeks.  I'd take a point here, to be honest.  Keeps us, at worst case, a game in hand win away from getting back up to 2nd. 

I'd probably go with the same team that played Morton, with the exception of finding a place for Kennedy.  Looked much more solid in that game, but have to remember that Morton were terrible, so this would be a good indicator.

Would like to see Duku involved at some point, he dominated the 2 Arbroath centre backs at Starks Park. 

Expecting a difficult game here. As Calderon says, after the first 15-20 minutes at Starks, Arbroath were awful and 3-0 flattered them in the end, however, their results since have proved it was just a one off bad day at the office and I can’t see Dick Campbell allowing that to be repeated.

Arbroath are on a decent run and look to have kicked on with the help of a few January additions but even before then when they weren’t picking up many points all their games seemed close. Looks like Williamson and Hamilton have given them that little bit extra to make the difference.

Of the other sides in the top half, Ayr and the Pars have both lost at Arbroath with Dundee drawing and Hearts scraping a win so we should be well aware we need to be at our best to win here.

In amongst all the complaints about the wind from the Pars game there were a few comments that the pitch, understandably given the recent weather, was not in great condition. I’d imagine that will help make up McGlynn’s mind to stick with the same formation as Morton. Will be interesting to see how it works against better opposition. In terms of personnel I’d bring Kennedy in for Gullan and Bene for Mendy if he’s fit. We still have doubt on the fitness of Matthews, Jamie MacDonald, Tait, Vaughan and Gullan. Would be nice if at least some of them were available, even if off the bench.

Have heard the Arbroath PPV is good so will be watching this. A win would be excellent and would cement our place in the top 4 but I’d probably settle for a point right now.

I assume if we lose we’re allowed to blame the wind and claim the game shouldn’t have gone ahead like our neighbours. Expect nothing less than a tough game here, I’d like to think we’ll be slight favourites but Dick Campbell has Arbroath playing again and Gayfield is never an easy game.

Heard really good things about Arbroath’s TV coverage so hopefully it’s as good as I’ve heard from other fans. So far I’ve no complaints about anyone’s coverage except Hearts as I refused to pay their price. I particularly enjoyed the commentary from Morton and Alloa.

No Craigan I imagine after his red at Alloa so I expect Gold to partner Williamson in the middle of our midfield. Would like to see some of Lewis Moore. Saturday was the perfect opportunity to throw him on but DC went with Scott Stewart instead. Hopefully weather doesn’t ruin this one as well

On the P&B app, and can’t seem to find a match thread for this... so here we go...

Arbroath TV, what’s the script? £14? Nothing on their Twitter page, as of Tuesday at 5pm.
Absolutely buzzing for a game again since the snow killed that weekend.

Virtual away day for me, in the home bar from 12:30pm.

Starting XI wise, I hope Matthews is back fit, we’ve missed him in the middle of the park.

£12 for the stream

Had a quick look at 3 different forecasts for the next 4 days.

In the 3 days run up to Saturday seems it's to be light rain showers so assuming it's not waterlogged already then hopefully the surface shouldn't be too heavy.

AFAIS Saturday forecasts are in the main for a dry day with southerly winds gusting to about 20mph.  So if that were the case it shouldn't be a game spoiler.

Arbroath without the suspended Craigen, Rovers without Matthews who seems to be struggling with his achilles? Other than that both sides hopefully with full squads to pick from should make for an entertaining game.

I tuned in to 36-nil tv for the Alloa game in December and was suitably impressed with service. More notably the video if not the wannabe Doric fermer commentator, he should stick to talking about his yows and other beasts and leave the football alone. 

53 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Arbroath without the suspended Craigen, Rovers without Matthews who seems to be struggling with his achilles? Other than that both sides hopefully with full squads to pick from...

IDK, I’d say there are question marks on Bene, Vaughan, Gullan and perhaps even JMac for now...we’ll see what the gaffer says Thursday.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

IDK, I’d say there are question marks on Bene, Vaughan, Gullan and perhaps even JMac for now...we’ll see what the gaffer says Thursday.

I hope John says absolutely nothing on the subject. In fact, I hope he tells him to stop asking the question.

I hope John says absolutely nothing on the subject. In fact, I hope he tells him to stop asking the question.

It was starting to be nipped in the bud towards the end of last season, as Super John indicated that other clubs watched the interviews and could almost hazard a guess at what the starting XI would be.

55 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

It was starting to be nipped in the bud towards the end of last season, as Super John indicated that other clubs watched the interviews and could almost hazard a guess at what the starting XI would be.

Could be worse given we've had someone leaking line ups days before matches. 

4 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Actually, his answers have been a wee bit pessimistic, possibly misleading opponents into expecting some players to miss.

Craigen will be a big miss for us as he has been excellent this season but this gives a chance for another player from our strong bench to stake a claim for a starting place, can go "like for like" and just slot Goldie in there or the more defensive Whatley or move McKenna into the middle and play Stewart out wide, plenty of options.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

9 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Craigen will be a big miss for us as he has been excellent this season but this gives a chance for another player from our strong bench to stake a claim for a starting place, can go "like for like" and just slot Goldie in there or the more defensive Whatley or move McKenna into the middle and play Stewart out wide, plenty of options.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

I know you're on a decent run but I like to think we'll at least be competitive.