Arbroath vs. Raith Rovers

14 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ah yes, the famously progressive BBC. 

Or just maybe, anyone who utters (admittedly, I use the term lightly) the sentence "Ah ken there ur wimmin who watch the fitba noo but most wimmin ur just happy to hiv their husbands oot the hoose oan a Seturday" is opening themselves to accusations of sexism. 

Bore off eh

He never even said that, watch it back, he never said most women, said there will be a lot of other wives like his who like getting time to themselves when their husbands go to the football

How can you be arsed

13 hours ago, AllSaint said:

It’s definitely not a wind up to call out sexist attitudes. It’s concerning that people still think like that. Will be delighted to screenshot any replies I receive to my emails. 

Goodness me.

What did he actually say? I read that some comment was made about going to discos in the "old days" and taking a girl home afterward. I presume there's more to it than that if there's toys out of the pram complaints to the League flying about!

(Note - Appreciate if it's that bad some may not be comfortable paraphrasing).

hahaha, must be a wind up surely , if not some people need to get a grip.

I had to mute the commentary at first as Fermer was annoying me so much (as he does at most games)

I actually now find him quite funny on the commentating, finally found a role for him at last

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Goodness me.

What did he actually say? I read that some comment was made about going to discos in the "old days" and taking a girl home afterward. I presume there's more to it than that if there's toys out of the pram complaints to the League flying about!

(Note - Appreciate if it's that bad some may not be comfortable paraphrasing).

That guys on the wind up but the disco chat was, when at 1-0 up, he said another goal would be great here, because it was like dancing with a burd at the disco but the good looking guys not come over yet with it at 1-0. 

I cannot believe anyone would be ‘mortified’ by that or greet about sexism. It’s nothing, maybe it’s not for you and you don’t find it funny, but people being offended by stuff like that on behalf of others is all the rage nowadays. We’re all fucked

19 hours ago, AllSaint said:

I’m flabbergasted that people are trying to defend these comments. I’ve emailed both clubs and the SPFL. Would be nice to get an apology and maybe a donation to a domestic abuse charity. 

Dear oh dear, really?

I am offended at some of the PC crap that gets spouted off on those "reality" shows but i do not go and report it at every opportunity i either do not watch them or turn the channel over, and this is from someone who was brought up in the 1970's and i take it you were not?

Get a grip ffs.

It’s definitely not a wind up to call out sexist attitudes. It’s concerning that people still think like that. Will be delighted to screenshot any replies I receive to my emails. 

More concerning you’re linking perceived sexist comments to domestic abuse like, quite a leap that.

57 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

In other news there are no racist, bigoted, sexist, homophobes within the Raith support. Not one.

Some rovers fans are  sensitive souls. Remember the outcry when Sammy the Tammy pretended to shoot them in a cardboard tank ? Think their local MP complined about inciting violence.

Honestly if I had any issues with the commentary team it's certainly not being sexist that's for sure. They are volunteers and clearly not a professional outfit but doing their best. If I would change anything I would tell them that you don't have to talk constantly for the whole match, it's not the radio. That and the constant commentators curse comments going into the last 10 minutes that always give me the fear.

Dear oh dear, really?
I am offended at some of the PC crap that gets spouted off on those "reality" shows but i do not go and report it at every opportunity i either do not watch them or turn the channel over, and this is from someone who was brought up in the 1970's and i take it you were not?
Get a grip ffs.
Out of interest, what "PC crap" are you offended by?

On the commentary, I enjoyed the enthusiasm and relentless positivity of it, but some of it was, at best, outdated.

In a series of events that is not at all a parable for the age we live in, this thread has consisted of one or two people making a very mild criticism of a commentator based on some outdated views, followed by a dozen or so people falling over each other to decry this morale "outrage", call everyone snowflakes and pat themselves on the back for not being sheep. 

Nobody (apart from one person who's clearly exaggerating to get a reaction - shame on everyone who bit to that, btw) is demanding the guy's resignation or even an apology. Personally, I think it's worth pointing out that girls watching the game could probably do without hearing that women "want their man out the house" or that a football match is like "trying to pick up a bird at a disco". 

Nobody's saying that he's Hitler, or that these are even things that you can't say in the pub or in your workplace (were either of them open). But, when you're speaking in public to a wider audience, you've got to be more considerate. 

Also, it's 2021, stop saying "disco". That's all. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

I’ve been reading through the last couple of days of this thread thinking this was just a wind up but r some folk actually serious? Get a fucking grip and if u dont like the commentary then mute it. If i was a raith fan i would probably go one further and switch it off because they were murder.

21 hours ago, Smokerson said:

hahaha, must be a wind up surely , if not some people need to get a grip.

I had to mute the commentary at first as Fermer was annoying me so much (as he does at most games)

I actually now find him quite funny on the commentating, finally found a role for him at last

Think you hit the nail on the head there to be honest, even you as a Arbroath fan switched off at first because it was nippy but now you don’t mind, think that’s the issue maybe not so much what he said but more that he was irritating